FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Jan 11, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #541 of 3,739
Quote:
^Just to add to that (and maybe to your confusion 
tongue.gif
)

I just bought a C&C BH, which has some features the E11 and E12 are missing, is cheaper ($100 shipped), and according to the appreciation thread, outperforms the E11. 

Does it outperform the soon released E12 though?

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #542 of 3,739
I'm not sure. But I might be willing to get an E12 for comparison sake.

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #543 of 3,739
Quote:
^Just to add to that (and maybe to your confusion 
tongue.gif
)

I just bought a C&C BH, which has some features the E11 and E12 are missing, is cheaper ($100 shipped), and according to the appreciation thread, outperforms the E11. 

I would like to make a public service announcement. This deals with a trend the FOTM and other threads have been making.

Most people love it and are looking for people that put popular headphone/unit X against new unit Y and say that Y is better than X. Does that mean anything? It means that it is the person's opinion. I have units that I prefer over more expensive units and so on but it is all opinionated. For example. The user may have only had headphone X and was meh with it. But the new cheaper headphone Y gave him what he wanted and so it did better for him. This is the truth. How it amounts to others is quite different. 

I would just like to make this trend be known.

All opinions are valid none the less. It's really what you are looking for. But of course, the CC BH looks very nice. Low headphone output and power. If you do decide to get the E12 for comparison. Please let me know what you prefer.

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #544 of 3,739
^+1

I came to understand that about this site, it's totally FOTM with almost everything. As soon as the Magni/Modi was announced it was being recommended for example, and the JVC FXZ100/200s thread exploded with lots of love, but there's still a few that gave them up out of preference. Not that they're a bad choice, but it's just an example of FOTM fanaticism that goes on around here. You make a good point. 

THAT SAID. I mentioned the C&C BH as an alternative, I have neither amp in possession, but I have been following both threads as my interest in both of these amps have piqued my interest. I do have a C&C BH on it's way to me however, and I'll most definitely be able to afford the E12 by the time it comes out, ergo I'll definitely be able to give impressions/comparisons. 

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #545 of 3,739
Quote:
^+1

I came to understand that about this site, it's totally FOTM with almost everything. As soon as the Magni/Modi was announced it was being recommended for example, and the JVC FXZ100/200s thread exploded with lots of love, but there's still a few that gave them up out of preference. Not that they're a bad choice, but it's just an example of FOTM fanaticism that goes on around here. You make a good point. 

THAT SAID. I mentioned the C&C BH as an alternative, I have neither amp in possession, but I have been following both threads as my interest in both of these amps have piqued my interest. I do have a C&C BH on it's way to me however, and I'll most definitely be able to afford the E12 by the time it comes out, ergo I'll definitely be able to give impressions/comparisons. 

Thanks. I made the same mistake when I started out. Going through the SRH440 thread, I was waiting for someone to JUST SAY that the M50 was crap compared to it. Needles to say, I found one person say it and bam. The headphones arrived at my door. They are good headphones but I'm a more bassy person.

I look forward to writing my review on it as well.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #546 of 3,739
Quote:
I would like to make a public service announcement. This deals with a trend the FOTM and other threads have been making.

Most people love it and are looking for people that put popular headphone/unit X against new unit Y and say that Y is better than X. Does that mean anything? It means that it is the person's opinion. I have units that I prefer over more expensive units and so on but it is all opinionated. For example. The user may have only had headphone X and was meh with it. But the new cheaper headphone Y gave him what he wanted and so it did better for him. This is the truth. How it amounts to others is quite different. 

I would just like to make this trend be known.

All opinions are valid none the less. It's really what you are looking for. But of course, the CC BH looks very nice. Low headphone output and power. If you do decide to get the E12 for comparison. Please let me know what you prefer.

Quote:
^+1

Quote:
Thanks. I made the same mistake when I started out. Going through the SRH440 thread, I was waiting for someone to JUST SAY that the M50 was crap compared to it. Needles to say, I found one person say it and bam. The headphones arrived at my door. They are good headphones but I'm a more bassy person.

I look forward to writing my review on it as well.

All valid points regarding FOTM to help everyone maintain perspective.  I believe the E11 started as FOTM and has graduated to classic value amp.  Regarding headphones, I consider the M-100 to be evolving from FOTM into instant classic.  Also, the PSB M4U2 has been on the market for at least a year and was just named product of year by S&V Magazine.  These are 3 products I believe have "legs" to stand the test of time.  I have high hopes for the E12 as well, but time will tell.

Jan 12, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #547 of 3,739
Quote:
I am sorry for my lack of knowledge when it comes to forums. I am a newbie in that regard as well as using portable headphone amps and such. I have an HTC Rezound for my cellphone and I have purchased a pair of V-Moda M100s. I am wondering if this device would be able to work with these items. Thanks in advance for your answer. 

I have the same phone and use it often as my media player.  You will find the performance of the phone by itself to be rather lackluster.  But, disable Beats (which I feel is crap), try a player like Poweramp (which has a pretty feature-packed EQ), and pair it with a headphone amp, and it'll really wake up!  I use a FiiO E17, which I had hoped to get digital audio out of the Rezound's USB port, but it's not currently possible on this phone.

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #548 of 3,739
Weird question, but this is the first amp I've bought. Do these come with a 3.5mm male to male cable, or do you buy those separately? If you buy them separately, is there anything I should be looking for in a good connecter?

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #549 of 3,739
Even their $20 amps come with cables, so I'm assuming you'd get one or two here.  If not, just get something that looks suitable:  decent-looking jacks with strain reliefs, the right length... it all depends on how you're using it.  If you'd be plugging it in and out a lot, some extra sturdiness and gold-plated jacks won't hurt, for long-term service and longevity.  Some people prefer L or J-shaped jacks, others like straight I.  Nothing special.  Don't spend more than a few or several dollars unless you have some very particular requirements, like it looking pretty in a certain way, or being able to withstand cats chewing on it.

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #550 of 3,739
Quote:
Weird question, but this is the first amp I've bought. Do these come with a 3.5mm male to male cable, or do you buy those separately? If you buy them separately, is there anything I should be looking for in a good connecter?

Every FiiO I have came with a 3.5mm male to male interconnect cable. The E12 should come with one. I would be very surprised if it didn't. FiiO is generally good with starting accessories. 

Jan 16, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #552 of 3,739

Mine arrived early today. Heres some photos to wet your appetites. In real life the E12 looks even better. Extremely impressed with looks and build quality. And sound is an OMG moment. A big review later tonight. Any questions please let me know.

And be sure to click on the photos. These are only the thumbnails. Click each photo to check out in super HQ mode.

Review http://gavinsgadgets.wordpress.com/2013/01/16/fiio-e12-mont-blanc-portable-headphone-amp-review-exclusive/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back