FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Feb 2, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #1,472 of 2,501
You will loose all Tidal downloads because you will erase the app. Don't know about your EQ settings but I would assume it would be the same.
I had previously sideloaded Tidal with MQA support from a third party. Same with the Sony headphones app. Anyone else done that and avoided problems following update? Scared to mess those apps up!

Feb 2, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #1,473 of 2,501
I had previously sideloaded Tidal with MQA support from a third party. Same with the Sony headphones app. Anyone else done that and avoided problems following update? Scared to mess those apps up!

I think you can update without any problems but i don't think you can do a factory reset. But to be honest i haven't tried it on the M9.

Feb 2, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #1,476 of 2,501
Has anyone who already had the latest Tidal app and Sony headphones app side loaded from a third party updated to the new firmware? Did you have any problems or all good?
Bit the bullet and did the firmware update. Happy to say all ok. Didn’t effect Tidal. A toggle of Bluetooth on/off and the Sony headphones app is ok too. :dt880smile:

Feb 2, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #1,478 of 2,501
Got a new balanced cable so I can at least listen to my M9, but I can only listen balanced. It still won’t output to a single ended cable.

Just surmising .......

I contacted Fiio support, but it looks like they're on holiday. I did drop my device a few weeks ago, so I'm not sure if I'm screwed on the warranty. I didn't have problems with switching between a 3.5 and 2.5 until the new firmware update. I should have a new 2.5mm cable tomorrow.

This could perhaps be some of the problem. My advice - contact the people who sold you the device, and see if you can activate an RMA. At the very least they need to test the device and see what the cause is. As to whether you are covered or not - I guess that will come out when they know what the cause is. In the interim - asking here is not really going to help. A professional needs to see if the issue is software or hardware.

Feb 2, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #1,479 of 2,501
Just surmising .......

This could perhaps be some of the problem. My advice - contact the people who sold you the device, and see if you can activate an RMA. At the very least they need to test the device and see what the cause is. As to whether you are covered or not - I guess that will come out when they know what the cause is. In the interim - asking here is not really going to help. A professional needs to see if the issue is software or hardware.
I was posting here to see if anyone else was having a similar issue since my device was working fine before the firmware update. I know the drop could be a factor, but it worked flawlessly using both outputs for a month after I dropped it. If I’m the only one having this issue then it’s likely hardware related, probably due to the drop.

Feb 2, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #1,480 of 2,501
I]
I was posting here to see if anyone else was having a similar issue since my device was working fine before the firmware update. I know the drop could be a factor, but it worked flawlessly using both outputs for a month after I dropped it. If I’m the only one having this issue then it’s likely hardware related, probably due to the drop.

Feb 2, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #1,481 of 2,501
Time to create the thread for M9

I am trying to connect the fiio m9 to a Marantz 7011 AV receiver digital coax in. I have setup the receiver's input assign.

1. I used a Monster cable IDL interlink 100 coaxial cable and it seems too loose in the m9's coax out hole. Is some adapter needed for the coax cable or a special cable? I am getting no sound

2. What settings should the m9 be on for this setup?

Other comments on the device and accessories: I have had no problem with firmware updates. I downloaded the Qobuz app and it is working. I have successfully used both the balanced and regular headphone connections. The optional leather case is horrible. After putting the m9 into the leather case, it could not be removed from the case to access the micro SD card without cutting the case, which has no cut-out for the micro-SD card input. Another buyer of the case has posted a review indicating the same problem. The included silicon case causes problems with inadvertently turning on or off the device.

Feb 3, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #1,483 of 2,501
Hi!
Would like to ask that is it possible to connect this device to Android phone via USB cable to work as DAC on phone? Or is only possibility to connect with Bluetooth?

Searching currently for my first DAC for Shure SE846. Would like to have possibility to use same device with my phone as DAC and also my computer. But receiving signal via Bluetooth would also be nice as M9 has to use it with my BT headphones.

Feb 3, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #1,484 of 2,501
Hi!
Would like to ask that is it possible to connect this device to Android phone via USB cable to work as DAC on phone? Or is only possibility to connect with Bluetooth?

Searching currently for my first DAC for Shure SE846. Would like to have possibility to use same device with my phone as DAC and also my computer. But receiving signal via Bluetooth would also be nice as M9 has to use it with my BT headphones.

I've just hooked up my phone via an OTG cable to the M9 and you can indeed use it as a DAC/amp. All you have to do is select USB DAC in the audio options. I didn't know you could do that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back