FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Dec 22, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #931 of 2,501
I’m just about to pull the trigger on one of these M9 players but would like to ask you guys that are using th M9 what would be a good brand of micro sd card that works well in this player without issues and would a 256 GB card hold many FLAC files ? Sorry for what seems a stupid question but this is me dipping my toe into the world of DAP players. Thanks

Dec 22, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #932 of 2,501
I’m just about to pull the trigger on one of these M9 players but would like to ask you guys that are using th M9 what would be a good brand of micro sd card that works well in this player without issues and would a 256 GB card hold many FLAC files ? Sorry for what seems a stupid question but this is me dipping my toe into the world of DAP players. Thanks

I know Cayin has their N3 capped at 20,000 tracks that are FLAC, I'm not sure if Fiio has established a cap for songs on a memory card, @FiiO .

Dec 22, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #933 of 2,501
I have +21.000 tracks and +2.100 pictures on my SD card, but the internal file manager cannot handle this amount - it crashes when I try to open it :p
The M9 can handle all the tracks via data base (scan was without problems).

My new SD card: Samsung Memory MB-MC512GAEU 512 GB EVO Plus

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #934 of 2,501
I've got a 400GB SanDisk Ultra Plus that is working fine. It's a mix of FLAC and ALAC files.

Dec 22, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #935 of 2,501
So @FiiO will there be a update or 3rd party app whitelisted do we can stream AirPlay directly from the M9?
With the most recent firmware version AirPlay is available. I have used AirPlay with the FiiO Music app, Spotify, and Tidal.

Dec 22, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #936 of 2,501
With the most recent firmware version AirPlay is available. I have used AirPlay with the FiiO Music app, Spotify, and Tidal.
Did you connect your iPhone to the M9 with Airplay? Did you have to use Personal Hotspot or just connected both devices to the same network?

Dec 22, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #937 of 2,501
Quick update: finally got Airplay to work as intended (more or less). I figured maybe it’s the Plex app that’s temperamental and not Airplay or the M9. So I tried Airplay using the Tidal app on the iPhone and would you know it, it worked right away!

I then switched to Plex, and that worked too. Could be the connection had to be established first, who knows. In any case, with that simple workaround (Tidal first then Plex) it seems to be working. I’m getting an occasional popping sound every few seconds with Plex playback, but that could well be a Plex app issue as I don’t hear it with Tidal.

Dec 22, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #938 of 2,501
Did you connect your iPhone to the M9 with Airplay? Did you have to use Personal Hotspot or just connected both devices to the same network?
I've only done the hotspot connect. I don't have a use case for being on the same network as I'll use the M9 exclusively for travel and commuting. I have a squeezebox setup at home that let's me stream all of my files there.

Dec 23, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #943 of 2,501
@ James fiio
Any chance of getting the Bowers and Wilkins app for the PX white listed
I reckon FiiO must have had no idea what they were starting with the whitelisting of apps. They probably imagined that Tidal, Spotify, Qobuz and two or three others would be it, LOL.

Dec 23, 2018 at 6:55 AM Post #945 of 2,501
I reckon FiiO must have had no idea what they were starting with the whitelisting of apps. They probably imagined that Tidal, Spotify, Qobuz and two or three others would be it, LOL.
I've gone into the developer options on the M9 and I can root it so I'm going to see what apps i can manually install myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back