FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Nov 25, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #544 of 2,501
The icons are there, just very faint and super hard to see...
This reminds me of a similar problem I had with my Cayin N3. The pixels on mine would become distorted (extremely dark) to where you can't see anything, when I hit the power button on after being in power sleep mode but hitting it again would remove it. I only had that problem occasionally. In my situation that problem probably occurred to me accidentally dropping it a few times though. I think yours could be hardware related though.

Nov 26, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #547 of 2,501
Sorry if this has been answered, I couldn't find it. Will the M9 be able to receive bluetooth codecs other than sbc? I know it can transmit a bunch of codecs, but I am hoping to be able to use it as an LDAC or AptX receiver on occasion.

Nov 26, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #548 of 2,501
Sorry if this has been answered, I couldn't find it. Will the M9 be able to receive bluetooth codecs other than sbc? I know it can transmit a bunch of codecs, but I am hoping to be able to use it as an LDAC or AptX receiver on occasion.
That would be possible with future FW updates.

Nov 26, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #549 of 2,501
That would be possible with future FW updates.
Do you know if Fiio has stated any plans to add more codecs in future updates? Although the hardware is capable, there may be licensing issues. For AptX I'm pretty sure "receiver" is a different license than transmitter, incurring additional cost to the manufacturer. At least that's what Cayin told me I asked them this same question about the N3. LDAC I'm not sure, seems like sony recently changed their licensing policies considering LDAC is now standard with Android 8.0.

Nov 26, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #550 of 2,501
Do you know if Fiio has stated any plans to add more codecs in future updates? Although the hardware is capable, there may be licensing issues. For AptX I'm pretty sure "receiver" is a different license than transmitter, incurring additional cost to the manufacturer. At least that's what Cayin told me I asked them this same question about the N3. LDAC I'm not sure, seems like sony recently changed their licensing policies considering LDAC is now standard with Android 8.0.
You are perhaps right about aptx.. I also reckon LDAC requires one licence for both now?

Nov 26, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #551 of 2,501
Would you raccomand the M9 to replace my FiiO X5 2nd gen ? I care mostly about sound quality, extra features like wifi , bluetooth and so on are nice but not so important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back