1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by JamesFiiO, Aug 10, 2018.
First

Back
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99
Next

Last
  1. loungecat
    @gLer yes whole heartily agree with your comments. I did have my eye on the Hiby R6 pro but that will be a lot of money I think I see @Hawaiibadboy has dropped a review of this unit, it does look fantastic, but been down this rabbit hole long enough :smile_phones::smile_phones::darthsmile::ksc75smile:

gLer likes this.
  2. DynnoG
    Hi all,

I just got the M9 this week and have been playing with it for a bit. Here are some problems I have with the unit:
    1- Spotify is slow, it's understandable since it's not an official app; however, whenever I wake up my screen and go to the home screen with Spotify running in the background, the whole interface just freezes for 2 to 3 seconds.
    2- While shuffling a playlist on Spotify, the wifi sometimes automatically disconnects when I turn off my screen and the system will repeat the songs on cache again and again instead of the unplayed songs. I was using a bluetooth headphone if that helps.

Does anyone have similar problems with Spotify? Or did I receive a faulty unit? My M9 is on the latest firmware and I have tried to format to factory reset twice but it does not help. Thanks.

3. gLer
    Unfortunately as per my comment above, the M9 is underpowered for the apps it intends to run. Don’t expect your Spotify experience to mimic that of your phone, which is probably 4-5x more powerful than the M9. Think of it (if it were possible) as running a recent version of Word on an Intel Pentium CPU with limited RAM. It may run, but it’ll be slow, and should you try to do anything else while it’s running, it’ll either freeze or crash or both.

MrPanda likes this.
  4. DynnoG
    Yeah, it's unfortunate. With only 768Mb of RAM, slow down and freezing is expected, but what I concern the most is point 2. Did you have any kind of similar experiences to Wifi disconnecting in the middle of streaming while the screen is off?

5. Pesplayer
    Anyone used the M9 with Bowers and Wilkins P7 or Amiron Home wireless? I ask as on this device pausing the music results in silent playback unless you skip forward or back. It works seemlessly with PX or Bose. Also,anyone tried FiiO Link on iPad? I can’t get it to connect and I suspect it’s a feature not yet developed.

6. gLer
    No but I can tell you the Wi-Fi antenna on the M9 is quite weak. I have Wi-Fi coverage around the house but the M9 only holds onto a link when close to the router. Any sort of distance away and it’s ‘Obtaining iP address’. Bottom line - don’t count on Wi-Fi unless you have a very strong signal.

OneL0ve likes this.
  7. gLer
    Fiio Link is not available on iOS. Apparently it’s in development.

8. Pro-Jules
    896EF2A8-F299-4D42-BE1A-A3E9B8F65CD4.jpeg @FiiO USA

I am trying to pair a Sony (LDAC) Bluetooth device to the M9 and my phone at the same time.

But I get this message "Connected no media" (see screenshot attached) and there is no audio playback from the M9 ???

Sony Help Guide
    Wireless Audio Receiver
    MUC-M2BT1
    Connecting the headset to both a music player and a smartphone or mobile phone

To use a BLUETOOTH music player for listening to music and a BLUETOOTH smartphone for making phone calls, the headset needs to be connected with each device with a BLUETOOTH connection.

Pair the headset with BLUETOOTH devices, respectively.

Make an A2DP BLUETOOTH connection between the headset and the BLUETOOTH music player.

Make an HFP or HSP BLUETOOTH connection between the headset and the BLUETOOTH smartphone or mobile phone.

Note

If the smartphone or mobile phone was connected with the headset the last time, an HFP or HSP connection is made automatically when you turn on the headset. At the same time, an A2DP connection may also be made automatically. If this happens, disconnect the headset from the smartphone or mobile phone once using the phone, then connect the devices again by repeating the process from step 2.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  9. DynnoG
    I see, thank you for your answer. It's a shame, I really like how the M9 looks and feel. Since I already have M5S for offline music and Fiio will have to use a new chip due to supply issues, I will probably have to return it and wait for the next iteration from Fiio.

10. MPNow
    @allaces305 Did you ever follow up with @FiiO on this?

11. bgtip
    I wondered if I am the only one who is increasingly unhappy with the sound representation of M9?
    Just right now I listen to the same track (Sister Kat - I Will Survive) on my laptop USB DAC (Creative) and compare it to M9 with same headphones.
    On the Creative the bass is butter smooth and hits me right in the solar split, sound stage is perfectly defined and I can locate every single instrument, the singer's voice is textured and generally I have the feeling that I stand right in the middle of the band, and they perform around me. With M9 the sound is similar but lacks this general feeling of satisfaction and I feel like I stand in the front of the band instead in the middle of it. My impression is that M9 sounds like the little brother of the Creative DAC.
    I understand that this is subjective but the feeling remains and this makes me less than happy with M9.
    So what are your feelings about M9's sound?

12. gLer
    Which headphones are you using?

13. Pro-Jules
    Sounds fine to me. I admit I haven't compared it to my hifi DAC

jaxz likes this.
  14. ericlhyman
    I have just purchased the Fiio M9. I have no prior experience with a high-resolution audio player. I downloaded the manual and it does not have adequate information for me on the definitions of the settings and which ones should be selected for various purposes. Would appreciate help on which settings to select.

My main use will be with the FIIO FA7 earphones with the LC-2.5 balanced cable.

I plan to subscribe to a high-res streaming service (probably Qobuz when available in the US in mid-February 2019) and purchase some high-res recordings from them or HD Tracks.

I would also be interested in streaming to my Marantz SR7010 AV receiver with a 9.1 speaker system, if possible. Would bluetooth streaming to a 2016 Chevrolet sound system negate the high resolution quality? Which of the bluetooth settings should be used?

15. Pro-Jules
    To transmit hi resolution files at best quality you should use LDAC Bluetooth. If you want to operate the M9 in your hand unconnected to your hifi you might concider buying an LDAC receiver for it like a Radsone SE100. That has balanced and unbalanced outputs you could connect to your hifi and will recieve the LDAC Bluetooth if nearby / in the same room.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
First

Back
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99
Next

Last