FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Dec 24, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #976 of 2,501
I’m fixing a lot of metadata issues using an ID3 tag editor to edit files on the SD card. After doing that I’d like to do a fresh scan of all the files. Can anyone tell me how to reset or delete the index file(s) that store the tag info on the M9? From limited experience it seems that a simple rescanning will not capture changes in the tags or replaced album art.
reset database

Dec 24, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #977 of 2,501
Not happy with the replies you get from tech support at Fiio

Format a 512gb card and have to transfer my files over again ... Not an option ! Buying another SD card Not an option ! How about you fixing the buggy firmware ?

Ultra high cap SD cards absolutely can cause update issues. Support for anything outside the base SDHC spec is basically a crap shoot. 128GB is the highest I would go for everything working all right. Over that, and you are in your own turf of making sure stuff works.

OTA worked fine with my M9 and a 128GB SD card formated in ex-fat.

Not sure if OTA requires an SD card. Try not having the card in there while doing it.

Dec 24, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #979 of 2,501
Thanks. Where do I find that? All I can see is factory data reset, but that’s not what I want. Am I missing something obvious?
Isnt there a reset database right above Fiio Link in settings?

Dec 25, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #981 of 2,501
Ultra high cap SD cards absolutely can cause update issues. Support for anything outside the base SDHC spec is basically a crap shoot. 128GB is the highest I would go for everything working all right. Over that, and you are in your own turf of making sure stuff works.

OTA worked fine with my M9 and a 128GB SD card formated in ex-fat.

Not sure if OTA requires an SD card. Try not having the card in there while doing it.
Yeah your right on the memory card issue of reliability on high cap cards. Will give the ota minus card a try, failing that I'm just going to have to get a spare smaller card and keep just for updates.

Dec 25, 2018 at 3:31 AM Post #983 of 2,501
@FiiO
Any help?
Just got the Creative Super X-Fi for Christmas. Hoped it would work with my Fiio M9, but it seems it does not.
My Audeze Mobius does work with the M9 without a problem also via USB C. It is the same principle. The M9 would output the digital data via the USB C port and the Super X-Fi would use it to transfer it via its DAC and 3D magic to the headphone output. The M9 recognizes the Super X-Fi as a USB device but no sound will come out. The only thing happening is that a voice will say „Please use the Super X-Fi app to perzonalize your amp for the best experience.“
When I use my iPad with the iPhone camera adapter it works without a problem. Also when pressing the Super X-Fi button for the first time it will say „Please use the Super X-Fi app to perzonalize your amp for the best experience.“ but then it will play the music.

Any ideas?

Dec 25, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #984 of 2,501
Yeah your right on the memory card issue of reliability on high cap cards. Will give the ota minus card a try, failing that I'm just going to have to get a spare smaller card and keep just for updates.

I'll have to ask FiiO, I was under impression OTA updates would dl to onboard storage and install from there.

If it is installing from the SD card, I can see that causing an issue.

Dec 25, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #986 of 2,501
Yeah tried minus the card and just said error so it has to have one installed.

Roger, past FiiO devices did indeed install updates over the TF/SD Card but those were the offline fw update ones and not OTA.

Makes sense. The basic boot up fw loading installation generally has more generic drivers available to it and so support for high cap SD cards in that state isn't good. As the FW update is also an 'Android update' to the OS itelf. We can see this as the M9s fw update shuts off the device and causes the bootloader to initiate an update followed by another reboot and Android saying "Android is Upgrading".

I can definately see 512GB cards not working in that mode.

Dec 25, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #989 of 2,501
Hello. I'm considering this instead of Sony NW-A55, however I'm choosing between a brand new Fiio M9 or a used iBasso DX150 - price almost the same. Is Fiio M9 considered warm? I'm leaning sound signature which is warm, I'm really sensitive to bright sounding - too fatiguing to me. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back