1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by JamesFiiO, Aug 10, 2018.
First

Back
94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103
105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114
Next

Last
  1. pedrothelion
    Please help me, I've just few days to decide between M9 and X7 I with AM1.
    Which one to choose considering the best sound quality???!?!

Thanks for helps....

2. Dobrescu George
    X7 1st gen.

But M9 may be more stable in the firmware, with a quicker firmware and other bells and whistles in the firmware.

cleg likes this.
  3. Richter Di
    @FiiO , my original question was from February 15, I would highly appreciate an answer.

4. Sven2015
    whatta hack... now my device has two thin horizontal lines on the display.....I hate this device....
    no bugs are fixed until now, many curious things happens...and now this issue..it seems to be a hardware defect (fatcory reset and a normal reset did not fix that issue)
    M7 -> fail
    M9 -> fail

5. Richter Di
    I am so sorry to hear this! I guess you can still get it exchanged with warrantry, right?

6. Markolav
    Is it just my imagination or does M9 add somewhat dark tint to some headphones? This noticeable mainly with headphones that are already quite warm sounding and M9 makes them sound little "dull" to me.

7. JAC151
    What would you more informed listeners thing is a better option for some who isn’t quite an audiophile, but just a music lover:

- FiiO M9 DAP
    - FiiO Q5 DAC/AMP + iPod Touch (already owned)

Over the past few days I’ve read reviews and what not and it seems that these two often get mentioned in the same article. The Q5 would edge out the M9 in sound quality, but the stacking would be a bit less elegant. Still, then you could use the iPod Touch’s UI vs the FiiO software.

I would love some thoughts on this as at this point I’m leading a bit toward the Q5.

8. nekromantik
    guys here think m9 is similar or upgrade for sound quality over X5 3rd gen?

9. Sven2015
    Maybe, but the basic issues are still existing (micro gaps, gapless playback issues, back skip button problem for example).
    Sony failed without EQ for FLAC, FiiO failed with to many issues until now....as next, I will check the AP80 from Hidisz..it seems, no manufacturers can create a normal audio device with standard / basic settings and handling.... 2019....this is really curious...

10. NymPHONOmaniac
  11. NovaFlyer
    @JAC151 First, welcome to Head-Fi. I started my journey with the Fiio Q5 connected to an iPhone and sound quality wise, it's great. Not as good as my A&K SP1000M I just bought, but for travel and canal listening to mp3 and even up to 24/192 files, the Q5 / iPhone combo works for me. Please realize that for travel, my main concern is not audiophile quality, but comfort, convenience and ease of use. But the biggest difference is portability. I'm was able to get a dedicated case from Fiio that combines the iPhone (iPhone 6/7/8 regular size) and the Q5 together, no rubber bands, etc - it's quite convenient. Naturally that weighs much more than the M9. If you're using it around the house and limited travel, I'd go with the Q5/iPod combo. If you travel a lot or commute daily, the weight savings and just having a one small device will be more valuable. I will note that I do travel at times with my Q5/iPhone combo on both planes and trains, and haven't had any issue / concern - I'll add that I have two active iPhones with me, so it's not much more that I'm carrying when I do that. I also really prefer the iTunes software over Fiio at this point. I tried some Fiio DAPs recently, and my immediate reaction was "I don't want to use this interface." I also don't use the Fiio app on the iPhone to play music, only to check / update settings on the Q5.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  12. JAC151
    Thank you Nova - this was helpful.

This will be for mainly home use with occasional travel on planes and what not. I’m more than satisfied with AirPods when communiting and sitting at work (where I couldn’t give music my full attention anyway). I love the idea of a DAP, but I honestly only see complaints about FiiO and Cowon UIs and performance.

My iPod is about the same surface size as the Q5, so I think it will be a good stack and I can continue to use my elaborate iTunes smart playlists that I love and my favorite music app (Cesium/CS Music).

13. NovaFlyer
    You're welcome and here's a link to the case I described above - https://www.fiio.com/productinfo/26117.html

I purchased it at Aliexpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lea...mplifier-FiiO-Q5-with-iPhone/32850848409.html

It took about a month or so to arrive, but was worth the wait.

JAC151 likes this.
  14. NovaFlyer
    And for the lightning to micro-usb cable:

JAC151 likes this.
First

Back
94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103
105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114
Next

Last