[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Sep 29, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #2,927 of 3,610
Wow, I've had the same problem for a couple of weeks now. I thought it was just me. Could it be firmware related?
Beats me! Now my screen is absolutely clear without any lines.. magic?! Sorcery! Who knows

Oct 1, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #2,928 of 3,610
A 12 year old iPod classic which ain’t much bigger can do at least 4 times the Fiio. Where’s the progress?
You shouldn't compare apples to pears. ipod classic has an ordinary audio output like phones. Moreover it does not have android operating system and many connectivity features. But in my opinion, they could make a device with a big battery instead of a small device.The sound is nice but needs constant charging.

Oct 1, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #2,929 of 3,610
A 12 year old iPod classic which ain’t much bigger can do at least 4 times the Fiio. Where’s the progress?

You shouldn't compare apples to pears. ipod classic has an ordinary audio output like phones. Moreover it does not have android operating system and many connectivity features. But in my opinion, they could make a device with a big battery instead of a small device.The sound is nice but needs constant charging.

Erm...(happy to be proven wrong with any of these BTW)

• Bluetooth - LDAC and a host of other bluetooth codecs,
  • Wifi
  • HiRes native playback for a host of different formats,
  • NOT Itunes limited,
  • USB C,
  • MUCH better screen (4x the res and around 1.5x the size),
  • No physical hdd,
  • MicroSD port up to 1tb cards,
  • arguably much better sound,
  • around half the price in real terms,
  • ability to run other software,
  • much lighter at around 2.5 ounces,
  • as opposed to around 5 ounces for the Ipod.

I'd call that progress. :dt880smile::popcorn:

Oct 3, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #2,931 of 3,610
My FiiO M6 is connected via USB to a FiiO Q1 Mkii, whenever a song is playing and i turn on/off the screen by pressing thenpower buttong buttong there's a crackling sound. Hoping this will be fixed on future updates

Oct 7, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #2,932 of 3,610
I'm posting here because Fiio updates firmware on their products and Fiio may just be the savior to save the day so to speak.
I listen to streaming, but I can only use limited gear that works through usb. I have other gears that take micro sd cards.
So in order to listen to music on all of the gears, it basically is too much work to port over music. You know, saving streaming audio
with software like Cinch ($20) and then saving it to microsd card. This is too much work and prohibitively costly.
We just want to listen to music. If daps can save fm radio, then daps can save streaming audio.
Please Fiio, make this happen in the next firmware release.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #2,933 of 3,610
I'm posting here because Fiio updates firmware on their products and Fiio may just be the savior to save the day so to speak.
I listen to streaming, but I can only use limited gear that works through usb. I have other gears that take micro sd cards.
So in order to listen to music on all of the gears, it basically is too much work to port over music. You know, saving streaming audio
with software like Cinch ($20) and then saving it to microsd card. This is too much work and prohibitively costly.
We just want to listen to music. If daps can save fm radio, then daps can save streaming audio.
Please Fiio, make this happen in the next firmware release.
I guess that's quasi-illegal at best? I'm sure that it's not going to get supported.

Oct 8, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #2,935 of 3,610
I read a lot of post of MQA here.
Anyone could confirm that FiiO M6 does the total unfold of MQA from tidal? How it works, just from the app?
Dear friend,

The M6 does not support MQA.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 8, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #2,936 of 3,610
My FiiO M6 is connected via USB to a FiiO Q1 Mkii, whenever a song is playing and i turn on/off the screen by pressing thenpower buttong buttong there's a crackling sound. Hoping this will be fixed on future updates

Yep, I just got an M6 today as my about-town-player and have been enjoying it full well up to the point that I used it as a transport into a Fiio Q5 - and the screen on/off crunch/crackle when connected via USB is an instant & big issue. Very annoying and saddening. I just A/B'd with the Cayin N3 that the M6 was due to replace and screen on/off via USB into Q5 is silent. I'm on the point of returning this now. Anyone got a view about this? From Fiio or otherwise? I'm a huge Fiio fan, don't get me wrong - rocking the M11 etc.

It doesn't seem likely to me that this could be addressed via software updates - it seems more in the hardware camp (well, as much as I understand such things - which, in truth is not very much at all...)?

If Fiio has identified this as a fault which affects a subsection of M6 players I'd be perfectly happy to exchange this for one which doesn't do this since the format and execution generally is excellent.

Update: uh, weird: using the Fiio CL06 usb C to micro usb cable it crackles and crunches when you screen on/off. Using either of my other two USB C to Micro USB cables (which means that the M6 tries to charge the Q5 while pushing data) there's no crackle! Is it the the CL06 that's at fault rather than the M6? That'd be better!

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #2,938 of 3,610
It also does not the first unfold with the Tidal App? I thought I saw something in the fw changelog.

The app does always do the first unfold, but the dac must be enabled to do the second unfold.
The dac in the m6 id not able to do the second unfold.

So you can play MQA in the Tidal app on the m6, but not as good as possible.

Oct 9, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #2,939 of 3,610
The app does always do the first unfold, but the dac must be enabled to do the second unfold.
The dac in the m6 id not able to do the second unfold.

So you can play MQA in the Tidal app on the m6, but not as good as possible.

so it means trying to play master quality waste of bandwith or storage. good to know that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back