[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jan 19, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #751 of 3,610
I think a more V shaped sound signature would be better for EDM, so the IT01s might be a better choice over the Kanas Pro which is quite neutral. DM6 as well if you can get it with all the wait there is right now.

The BGVP DMG is also a pretty good choice, but some people don't like the mid bass hump, but the sub bass is there, and you'll really feel the punchiness of the bass. The Nicehck M6 is supposed to be exactly the same, but comes in cheaper though.

Cheaper options might be the new C16, but impressions aren't out yet, although there are chinese impressions already about it which promises better performance than the C10, which is also pretty good although there is a slight lack in mid bass for EDM I think. The KZ ZS10 and AS10 seem like pretty good choices, and the new ZS7, but that one might have QC issues.

Edit: almost forgot the current budget favorite, the KZ ZSN. I was a little sensitive to the treble peak peak of it so I sold it to my officemate, but its a pretty solid choice for under 20 USD. The C10 is a safer choice in my opinion, although it comes in at double the price. More detail, cohesive and almost non existent sibilance, pretty good for a sub 50 USD.

That treble peak seems to be an achilles heel in a lot of the chi fi iems.

Jan 19, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #752 of 3,610
Np, no you won’t have any trouble selling it, little players are ‘hot’ atm. And m6 already has replay gain and WiFi updates on the device which is nice. Fiio is big enough to put out firmware regularly, where Shanling probably just doesn’t have the manpower with out hiby.

Oh and the bigger screen makes things a little easier to navigate. I really like this little dap and I bet Fiio is going to sell a ton of them. If they’re smart they’ll make them in different colours. Like silver, red, blue etc. people will really want them lol.

Oh yeah replaygain caught my eye immediately as I was really hoping the M0 would have it by now. It would be so nice not to have to change volume constantly on the M0, kind of a pain with both methods. More than once Shanling has mentioned their small software team as a big reason for the slow firmware updates. The bigger screen will be a godsend coming from the M0. I don't know how small Shanling is and they have been making home audio gear for like 30 years. But Fiio definitely has the bigger portable audio operation and much bigger distribution network. Being able to pack so much more into the M6 vs the M0 for a not much higher price is pretty impressive on Fiio's part.

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #755 of 3,610
Anyone (or Dear Friend) know when M6 will be available in the US, sold locally?

Me as well, I signed up for an email notification from bhphotovideo.com to let me know when they get stock. You can place a pre-order on their site now if you want and if you are in the US they won't charge you until your order ships. So I would think they should be getting stock soon. Unfortunately for international customers like me they charge your credit card as soon as you place the order so I will wait.

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #756 of 3,610
That treble peak seems to be an achilles heel in a lot of the chi fi iems.
I just discovered chifi recently so I'll only limit my observstions to what I've experienced and the impressions, reviews out right now.

I think that treble peak is characteristic of KZ not of all chi fi. The DMG, Kanas Pro, and even the C10 from KZ's own (supposedly) sister company do not have that treble peak issue. The Kanas Pro follows the Harman Target pretty closely, and there are impressions that say it is like the Sony EX1000 without the Sony's treble.

As for why it is specific to KZ, I've read that it's usually from the tuning of their higher frequency drivers, which they have improved in the newest ZS7 supposedly.

Try getting the Kanas Pro, it's in Massdrop right now, slightly cheaper than the one sold on Penon Audio. It's really really good, no treble peak issues for me so far, and aside from the form factor, I like it better than the Comet, which admittedly I have only tried in the shop. I did like the Kanas Pro ootb, but ymmv.

Only thing I am worried about is that the KP is said to be very revealing of the source so I'm hoping it will be a good match with the M6 when that reaches our shores as it seems to be the perfect dap at it's current price range. I didn't like the pairing with the Shanling M0, and the other usual dap suspects at this price range aren't easily accessible here...

Jan 19, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #757 of 3,610
Anyone (or Dear Friend) know when M6 will be available in the US, sold locally?

already sent to warehouse of Amazon and should be available in coming days.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 19, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #758 of 3,610
Hi Fiio would it be possible to whitelist mytuner radio app?

Also could you guys implement magic 8 ball dsp, or viper or some type of advanced dsp/Eq set? Would be fun to play with.

Jan 20, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #759 of 3,610
@FiiO
Aside from the minor bugs I’ve mentioned, I have a UI issue.
This is something that I’ve noticed with all DAP’s from Fiio, Hidizs, Hiby and iBasso.

Albums starting with ‘A’ or ‘The’ are included in the sorting algorithm.
This is really annoying as all my albums begining with ‘The’ are bunched togeather under ‘T’ which is a pain.
Are you able to fix this for the next Firmware update?

Jan 20, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #760 of 3,610
@FiiO
Aside from the minor bugs I’ve mentioned, I have a UI issue.
This is something that I’ve noticed with all DAP’s from Fiio, Hidizs, Hiby and iBasso.

Albums starting with ‘A’ or ‘The’ are included in the sorting algorithm.
This is really annoying as all my albums begining with ‘The’ are bunched togeather under ‘T’ which is a pain.
Are you able to fix this for the next Firmware update?
I actually prefer it the way it is. I'm sure FiiO knows as well as any that you can't please everyone all the time.

Jan 20, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #762 of 3,610
I actually prefer it the way it is. I'm sure FiiO knows as well as any that you can't please everyone all the time.
What?
In no other circumstances are items labelled using the prefixes ‘A’ and ‘The’, pal. Not on websites, in industry, Windows or iOS.
It’s an overlooked item which is obviously not trivial to program.

Jan 20, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #764 of 3,610
What?
In no other circumstances are items labelled using the prefixes ‘A’ and ‘The’, pal. Not on websites, in industry, Windows or iOS.
It’s an overlooked item which is obviously not trivial to program.
Hey, I'm not the one you need to convince. As long as I know the name of an album or the artist I have the capacity to find it with minimum fuss...

Jan 20, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #765 of 3,610
Hey, I'm not the one you need to convince. As long as I know the name of an album or the artist I have the capacity to find it with minimum fuss...
Scrolling to ‘T’ is a PITA when you have 1300 albums on a card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back