[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Dec 18, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #107 of 3,610
I'll be interested to hear sound comparisons between the M6 with the sabre DAC chip and the M9 with dual AK4490 DAC chips. The dual AK4490s in the M9 produce a classy, vibrant but very smooth sound, a sound I love. I find the sabre chipped little DAC I presently have to be more energetic, dynamic but not fatiguing. Incredible price for what this little M6 DAP seems to offer.

Dec 18, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #108 of 3,610
Wait am i hearing this correctly? you can download songs or playlists to this from streaming services like spotify and tidal and listen to them offline as i would with my iphone?
GTFOH .... Isn't that what Hiby was trying to do??

HiBy R3 has a Linux type OS but HiBy R6 has a full Android OS.
Bedides the OS's I guess it's a matter of negotiations between the DAP company and the music service providers.

Dec 18, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #109 of 3,610
Just asking a question, when they (Fiio) said in their FAQs on their website - “The M6 runs on deeply customized system. To ensure system stability, only certain apps in our white list are allowed to be installed.” Only certain apps are allowed. Others would take to much space? Or the M6 would not support an app/ or whats in it. And if not, theoretically if I get VLC or a video player in apk and install it on the M6 would I be able to watch videos?

Dec 18, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #110 of 3,610
Just asking a question, when they (Fiio) said in their FAQs on their website - “The M6 runs on deeply customized system. To ensure system stability, only certain apps in our white list are allowed to be installed.” Only certain apps are allowed. Others would take to much space? Or the M6 would not support an app/ or whats in it. And if not, theoretically if I get VLC or a video player in apk and install it on the M6 would I be able to watch videos?
Applications need to be whitelisted. Even if you put the apk on the device, if the app isn't approved it won't run. And AFAIK there's no video app whitelisted, so no VLC/Videos won't work.

Dec 18, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #111 of 3,610

This thing runs on a Exynos 7270 SOC (system on a chip) designed for wearables. I can imagine if you stress the processor and memory too much the device can become unstable. Therefore they test and only whitelist certain apps.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #113 of 3,610

Ok can you watch videos? To a degree yes. ES File Explorer may be whitelisted. It is on the M9. If small video files are transferred to the 2gb built in memory (maybe to an SD card too), then you can play tiny but clear videos by using the inbuilt ES File Explorer Video Player. You can also get Google if they whitelist the ES File Explorer app. You can run a working Youtube by typing Youtube into the Google search. It shows a tiny Portrait aligned video but very clear. Because there are so many original live recordings on Youtube it is a very valid use of the M9 and hopefully the M6. Like I say Youtube sounds excellent, although it does not synchronise with the video movement and mouthing very well, but nevertheless sounds great. If they don't whitelist ES File Explorer then forget it.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #114 of 3,610
Ordered one serveral days ago, still no shipping information. First time such long processing :angry: Hope I can get this great thingy before new year.

Dec 18, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #116 of 3,610
Ok can you watch videos? To a degree yes. ES File Explorer may be whitelisted. It is on the M9. If small video files are transferred to the 2gb built in memory (maybe to an SD card too), then you can play tiny but clear videos by using the inbuilt ES File Explorer Video Player. You can also get Google if they whitelist the ES File Explorer app. You can run a working Youtube by typing Youtube into the Google search. It shows a tiny Portrait aligned video but very clear. Because there are so many original live recordings on Youtube it is a very valid use of the M9 and hopefully the M6. Like I say Youtube sounds excellent, although it does not synchronise with the video movement and mouthing very well, but nevertheless sounds great. If they don't whitelist ES File Explorer then forget it.
Yes they did whitelist ES File Explorer

Dec 18, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #117 of 3,610
Shame about the whitelist app thing, though understandable. IF this or the m9 had built in podcast/audiobook support I would be all over it. Amp3 in the uk have just announced they are going to be getting them in.

Dec 18, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #118 of 3,610
I'll be interested to hear sound comparisons between the M6 with the sabre DAC chip and the M9 with dual AK4490 DAC chips. The dual AK4490s in the M9 produce a classy, vibrant but very smooth sound, a sound I love. I find the sabre chipped little DAC I presently have to be more energetic, dynamic but not fatiguing. Incredible price for what this little M6 DAP seems to offer.

I'm just like you, today I do not know which of the 2 to buy, I'm not interested in the balanced output, but I would like to make the best purchase benefit / price, greetings

Dec 18, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #120 of 3,610
It was I who asked about the price.
The format of the SD card and something else but he or she has never answered. Everbody else who asked anything got an answer, I wasn’t even acknowledged even after thanking them for the info. If I get one it’ll be the third DAP I bought, as the first two had horrible firmware and were sent back.
Interesting as I’m probably going to buy one but why? Why didn’t they respond, everybody else got an answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back