[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jan 11, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #586 of 3,610
xdm6.jpg

Little thing is gorgeous. Perfect weight

Jan 11, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #587 of 3,610
@harry501501 looks nice, sorely tempted myself.

If you're a Spotify user could you confirm it works fine please? And gapless - flac and if at all possible MP3?

Finally, if you have a nas drive with music on I'd be keen to see if the M6 can access and play the files

Enjoy

Jan 11, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #588 of 3,610
I use Spotify all the time...first I streamed via BT to M6 sounds great then I side loaded it on the M6 with no problems....wifi uses battery but its sounding fantastic. Don’t ask me to time test the battery, it works fine no noise no nothing but tunes!
I love this thing.
Get it from Fiio direct, mine was here in 4 days (arrived the day before Christmas) it might cost more as the quick shipping is added but its here.
The other stuff I don’t need as yet...just DAP and Spotify for me. I do use it as a Bluetooth dac which is the reason for purchase originally plus I’m an
ESS SABRE fan...love this sound on M6 especially with BQEYZ Q3.
Fiio nailed it I think with M6!

Jan 11, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #590 of 3,610
Jan 11, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #591 of 3,610
The other stuff I don’t need as yet...just DAP and Spotify for me.

Great! This is mostly my situation too! A Spotify user, specially for the commute and at home maybe with some amp, but mostly in the bus with a Sennheiser PX100II pair.

plus I’m an
ESS SABRE fan...

Same here!

Jan 11, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #592 of 3,610
I can see there is alot of love for the M6 and I definitely want to get one, however I need @FiiO to address one concern for me.

Since the 7270 is discontinued, what does this do for warranty coverage? If I purchase the M6 and there is an issue god forbid and the unit can't be repaired due to unavailable parts what do I do then? For this reason alone I think it is wise to wait until I can get the DAP locally so if I have a warranty issue I can take it to the store I bought it from and not have to deal with out of country warranty service. Assuming Fiio will still back the M6/M7/M9 once parts run out.

Sorry to be a buzzkill but I have been burned by warranty's in the past and I would feel better if I know what Fiio plans to do if this situation occurs.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #593 of 3,610
Hi, I’m a new user of Fiio M6. So far I love this little DAP. I’ve been trying some of the different features like Airplay, Bluetooth and it worked flawless. However, I couldn’t pair it with my external DAC (o2+Odac). The Odac works with my iPad and also my android phone (moto g4) but I wasn’t able to make it work with the M6. Any tips on how to make it work? I tried both DoP and D2P with no results, just a few popping sounds when connecting the usb cable. Thanx in advance

Jan 11, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #594 of 3,610
I can see there is alot of love for the M6 and I definitely want to get one, however I need @FiiO to address one concern for me.

Since the 7270 is discontinued, what does this do for warranty coverage? If I purchase the M6 and there is an issue god forbid and the unit can't be repaired due to unavailable parts what do I do then? For this reason alone I think it is wise to wait until I can get the DAP locally so if I have a warranty issue I can take it to the store I bought it from and not have to deal with out of country warranty service. Assuming Fiio will still back the M6/M7/M9 once parts run out.

Sorry to be a buzzkill but I have been burned by warranty's in the past and I would feel better if I know what Fiio plans to do if this situation occurs.

FiiO has already stated that they have sufficient 7270 in stock, so that they will not run out of parts any time soon. And if it should happen during a warranty issue, they need to offer you an equvivalent device (which is quite likely a better device or a device with at least a newer chip).

Jan 11, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #595 of 3,610
Well so far... only had 30 mins of it this device is very quick to get started with. Gorgeous UI, so fluent. Extremely fast getting my songs from memory card. Gapless playback using the FFI Music App.

WiFi took seconds to start. Found my modem instantly. Was surprised how easy the wee keyboard was to use. Didn't make one mistake putting password in which was mix of small, capitals.

So far Tidal which is already on it was quick to get in to. All my playlists there. Very fast playback choosing a song and also gapless playback. I guess this may depend on your connection though.

Sound wise it's different to my Sabaj DA3 which also has the same 9018Q2C chip. The FIIO is a little bit thinner, the Sabaj smoother and more open (again i'll need a bit of brain burn in. I didn't expect them to sound the same anyway).

Haven't used Spotify yet

Jan 11, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #596 of 3,610
I've watched a portafi review on YouTube, I like the gallery icon/feature from settings. Is that literally a gallery of album art or can the album art be chosen to play the subsequent album??

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #597 of 3,610
FiiO has already stated that they have sufficient 7270 in stock, so that they will not run out of parts any time soon. And if it should happen during a warranty issue, they need to offer you an equvivalent device (which is quite likely a better device or a device with at least a newer chip).

That is the hope but I would like @FiiO to confirm it none the less. Again all the more reason to buy local as I wouldn't want to mess with having to ship it to another country. I had a warranty issue with an E07K and being able to take it back to the store was such a painless experience. I have also had to ship products to China under warranty and it was a major pain every time.

As for sufficient supply I guess it all depends on how well these three DAP's sell as to how long they will have stock on the 7270 and if they will hold any back for possible warranty coverage.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #598 of 3,610
Well so far... only had 30 mins of it this device is very quick to get started with. Gorgeous UI, so fluent. Extremely fast getting my songs from memory card. Gapless playback using the FFI Music App.

WiFi took seconds to start. Found my modem instantly. Was surprised how easy the wee keyboard was to use. Didn't make one mistake putting password in which was mix of small, capitals.

So far Tidal which is already on it was quick to get in to. All my playlists there. Very fast playback choosing a song and also gapless playback. I guess this may depend on your connection though.

Sound wise it's different to my Sabaj DA3 which also has the same 9018Q2C chip. The FIIO is a little bit thinner, the Sabaj smoother and more open (again i'll need a bit of brain burn in. I didn't expect them to sound the same anyway).

Haven't used Spotify yet

Same experience with the on-screen little keyboard. Comparing my fingers to the keys looks like I'm trying to type on a dwarf keyboard, but surprisingly this goes very well!

Jan 11, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #599 of 3,610
I've watched a portafi review on youtYou, I like the gallery icon/feature from settings. Is that litterral a gallery of album art or can the album are be chosen to play the subsequent album??

Yeah I watched it to and it really was the tipping point convincing me that it was time to give a Fiio DAP another shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back