[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jan 8, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #496 of 3,610
The reviewer on Headfonia mentions that the M6 also sports Apple Music app, but it does not. My number 1 feature wish for the M6 would be Apple Music App whitelisted though.
That would make the M6 just absolutely perfect (for me).

Hey,

actually you're half-right. FiiO doesn't have the Apple Music application in its whitelist, but you can still install it.
It works but it's not perfectly reliable, for example on mine it shows me TWO KKBOX instead of one :D (see my caps below)

Strangely the player is fully operational for Airplay, but FiiO isn't supporting Apple music completely yet.

Jan 8, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #497 of 3,610
Hey,

actually you're half-right. FiiO doesn't have the Apple Music application in its whitelist, but you can still install it.
It works but it's not perfectly reliable, for example on mine it shows me TWO KKBOX instead of one :D (see my caps below)

Strangely the player is fully operational for Airplay, but FiiO isn't supporting Apple music completely yet.
Strange, but acceptable to me! Apple Music is something that's nice to have for me, so I can just jump in like how I am used to with my iPhone.

Jan 8, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #498 of 3,610
Hey,

Well that's very interesting if (some) apps work even if not whitelisted. A sort of graylist I'd say. Wish I had the m6 already to sideload stuff

Jan 8, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #499 of 3,610
Yeah that's the other reason why I am looking into it. Unfortunately ever since my OneMore Triple Drivers broke I have only had Jabra Elite 65t's, which are true wireless but w o a h it compresses literally everything that runs through it to the point of sounding worse than generic $30 IEMs. Not bad for running or casual listening, but not ideal for my music. For example Carpenter Brut's "You're Mine" from the FURI OST sounds as if you're running it through a filter to take any bass or instrumental separation out.

Yeah ever since my Nexus 6P phone broke (used it with a FiiO KI tiny USB DAC and my Sennheiser PX100II) I'm anxious trying to find a good music solution for the commute. I'll keep using the PX100II so i'm testing a couple of options, one is the M6, another one is the FiiO BTR1K, a Bluetooth DAC that I plan to hook on to the PX100II. Wireless is cool but so far all I heard and the little I've tested myself, it's been quite disappointing (specially if you're on a tight budget); let's see if the BTR1K (due to receive it soon) is any good in actual everyday use.

Jan 8, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #500 of 3,610
Just finished the video. I think I'll take the M6 over the Hiby R3, due to it being cheaper and having the ability to listen using my primary apps (Apple Music, I think I heard Bandcamp being on there).
Thanks for the review!
yep, Bandcamp is whitelisted (bought recent Wardruna album today), but no Apple Music yet

How good is the battery life? I noticed that in just 30 min battery dropped more than 10%
Usually I'm getting 11 hours or so, depending on load and files format/resolution. But I think I need to make test later, after few more battery cycles

Jan 8, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #504 of 3,610
Hey,

How did you get this to work if I may ask? I've tried several verified apk's, several versions of Apple Music untill 2.6.1 but apk's did not install.

Jan 8, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #505 of 3,610
Headphonia reviewed the M6 and said its a no brainer, gave it 5 full stars!

Jan 8, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #508 of 3,610
Quick question: how do you update the software? Is it an easy process or is it a pain to do?

It seems to support OTA Updates which is great (having WIFI it was to be expected, though). I expect them to be easier than the usual process.

In the video they show the screen, it's in the "Technical Support" area.

Video link and capture:

upload_2019-1-8_16-24-38.png

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #510 of 3,610
@FiiO I found a small bug in the M6. When listening to bands that have weird letters in their name; they're being replaced by Chinese symbols. F.e. I listened to Kælan Mikla last night. And the weird ae shows up as a Chinese symbol. Not a major bug and it also doesn't bother me that much. But would be nice if it would be fixed in a future firmware update.

Hi.
I've also experienced this bug. In Spanish there are names as "Dënver" or "Último", and those characters with ´ or ¨ are often replaced by Chinese characters. It happens only under "Fiio Music" app; if I go to the folder via "File Management", those names are correctly written.

Great product.

Regards.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back