[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jul 31, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #2,761 of 3,610
Check somewhere here (or in the M9 thread). There the quite inconvenient procedure is described.

Yeah, got it thanks. Quite convoluted. You need to have bought the license on an email that allows POP3. You then go to Settings > Help > Account and then click the + at the bottom to add a new account. You need to enter your POP3 address, and email user name and password. For Google I had to enable less secure apps and disable 2FA.

Assume it only checks once, so will now re-enable both.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #2,763 of 3,610
Dear friend,

When the problem happens again, click the device name option from settings-general-about device for several time until ‘have save output log’showing up.
Please send the files'M16-kernel-xx.log,M6-system-xx.log' from the root directory of the M6 to us for check

Best regards
okay, will do. Will be happy to help.

Aug 1, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #2,766 of 3,610
Hello, I've updated to the new firmware and I want to ask what's the best free player on the whitelist. Is Neutron a time-trial? I can't get PowerAmp to scan my files successfully. Help?
Poweramp works here, have you checked the correct folder for music to scan?

Also i recommend x-plore for file manager, dual pane with WiFi share and ftp. Easy to transfer files from phone or control or pc.

For podcasts antennapod is simple and free.

Aug 1, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #2,767 of 3,610
Poweramp works here, have you checked the correct folder for music to scan?

Also i recommend x-plore for file manager, dual pane with WiFi share and ftp. Easy to transfer files from phone or control or pc.

For podcasts antennapod is simple and free.
Hello. Yes, tried just making it scan internal and external and both at the same time, it crashes when I try to scan the external card completely. The other players I've tried all didn't have issues scanning, only Poweramp. May I know where your apk is from?

So far, I've probably tried everything and I think the doubletwist and Neutron are the forerunners right now, though the latter sometimes crashes so it's looking good for the former.

Aug 1, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #2,768 of 3,610
Hello. Yes, tried just making it scan internal and external and both at the same time, it crashes when I try to scan the external card completely. The other players I've tried all didn't have issues scanning, only Poweramp. May I know where your apk is from?

So far, I've probably tried everything and I think the doubletwist and Neutron are the forerunners right now, though the latter sometimes crashes so it's looking good for the former.
I'm using Ver 839 uni
https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/17510-poweramp-build-839/

Also jetaudio works fine, so I use those.

Aug 3, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #2,771 of 3,610
okay, will do. Will be happy to help.
Hello, I've updated to the new firmware and I want to ask what's the best free player on the whitelist. Is Neutron a time-trial? I can't get PowerAmp to scan my files successfully. Help?[/QUOTE
Pulsar is good and so is Musicolet.

Aug 3, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #2,773 of 3,610
Friends, I got confused. Could you confirm that any upgraded version of fiio music app (for m6) has been introduced over the v.1.1.0. If so I wonder why the device, while online via wifi, does not alert me about any new version & ask me for an upgrade (shouldn’t this be the case as the recent fiio m6 main firmware update)

Aug 4, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #2,774 of 3,610
Yeah, got it thanks. Quite convoluted. You need to have bought the license on an email that allows POP3. You then go to Settings > Help > Account and then click the + at the bottom to add a new account. You need to enter your POP3 address, and email user name and password. For Google I had to enable less secure apps and disable 2FA.

Assume it only checks once, so will now re-enable both.
Thank you so much for this! I love Neutron, and could not figure out for the life of me how to get this properly set up. Until now, that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back