[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jul 30, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #2,731 of 3,610
more correctly, they are dead on your Android Phone. :wink:
The work on my PC. I have them all downloaded by now (except tuneln radio, which is really a dead link).

Jul 30, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #2,733 of 3,610
last one in the right row.

Jul 30, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #2,737 of 3,610
I'm getting some weird behaviour with Poweramp - it keeps saying "Couldn't play file", then proceeds to play it just fine. After a few song skips however, it kills playback altogether with the message "Too many failed files". Any idea how to fix this on the M6? The solutions I've found for phones don't seem to do the trick. When I do a Full Rescan, it just immediately stops, then displays "0 songs, 0 folders". Super irritating.

Edit: I can kill the app under Settings > General > App > Force Stop, then when I launch it again it works. Seems like I have to do this every time I unplug my headphones. Pretty lame.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #2,738 of 3,610
The link doesn't work, great.

The link directs you to the same list as for the M9....
I don't think there are different apk files for m6 and M9.

Jul 30, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #2,740 of 3,610
Using the Fiio Music app, if you switch on the EQ you get a muddy, lower volume sound, even if you put everything up to +6dB. This doesn't happen on Fiio Music for Android phones. Is there a way round this? Having to avoid using the EQ right now, which isn't ideal as the FA7's benefit from tweaks to the bass (down) and treble (up) if using standard, bass or 3rd party tips.

Assume it's a system issue and that using PowerAmp or Neutron will exhibit the same behaviour?

Jul 30, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #2,741 of 3,610
That the volume is lower when switching on the EQ is normal (I am not sure by how much, this might be found here somewhere in the thread).
To get rid of the "muddiness", simply increase the total volume. :wink:

Edit: AFAIK, poweramp does not show this behaviour.

Jul 30, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #2,742 of 3,610
The neutron one from the fiio list seems to work, doing a reset to get a clean install as all settings were not available- probably from left over eval neutron

Jul 30, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #2,743 of 3,610
Using the Fiio Music app, if you switch on the EQ you get a muddy, lower volume sound, even if you put everything up to +6dB. This doesn't happen on Fiio Music for Android phones. Is there a way round this? Having to avoid using the EQ right now, which isn't ideal as the FA7's benefit from tweaks to the bass (down) and treble (up) if using standard, bass or 3rd party tips.

Assume it's a system issue and that using PowerAmp or Neutron will exhibit the same behaviour?
Neutron doesn't cut the volume, and is the best eq on the m6 by a mile it's a peq and is very precise. Hiby eq doesn't cut the volume either, don't know about poweramp

They both have settings to prevent clipping and a pre amp. Fiio's new eq on m11 doesn't cut the volume, but still sucks. It's to prevent clipping, but I never liked it- I still felt you lost some detail even after bumping up the volume.

Sonys and cowons don't lose volume on eq either. Anyways love neutron, you can change everything and even get it looking good.
Screenshot_20190730-094714_Chrome.jpg

Go to page 329, of the m11 thread if you want to see more pics. Courtesy of my mate nayparm :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #2,745 of 3,610
Dear friend,

Does the issue happens in all the music files? You may send your music to support@fiio.com and we will try to reproduce the issue first. Thanks in advanced!

Best regards

The issue is random. Compared to the previous firmware, the issue has been improved, but it still happens. Once in a while, when I start up the app and play songs, after a few songs, there will be a quick, brief stutter at the start of a random song. After the stutter, the issue will go away, and would come back maybe about half an hour later?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back