[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Apr 30, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #2,311 of 3,610
Apr 30, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #2,313 of 3,610
In mp3tag settings you can choose what versions of id3tag could be read and what should be write to files. I think I did not change it, kept it on default. Many years ago I had a similar problem when a player couldn't play a song because of unsupported version of id3tag. Since then I try to tagging all my songs same, just with basic informations and removing all others. In my case mp3tag showed that it is flac id3v2. When I did Ctrl-X, Ctrl-V then it was just flac (with no specific version) and Pulsar now see and play those files.

Try to compare id3tags of your missing songs in Pulsar app with those which are OK.

they replied in the all-in-one thread that it will be in May...maybe in May.

May 1, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #2,314 of 3,610
Pulsar apparently can't read "wrong" id3 tags in flac files (maybe in others too). In my case the files had some tags which was not showed in foobar or mp3tag (fields MCDI and Track name/Total - flac ID3v2), they were only seen by MediaInfo, therefore I had to remove whole id3 tag to get rid of them. You can do this very easily with Mp3tag/Foobar by cutting and then immediately pasting the tags (Ctrl-X, Ctrl-V). All "wrong" tags will be removed and pasted only the "correct" ones.

OK

I am fairly sure it's not tag related. Here's my testing:

1) All my albums on my 400gb card in my M6 are exported from Roon, using the same convention; ie Roon applies it's own set of tags. Most are read by Pulsar, about 20% are not.

2) Using the band Dire Straits as a test, I have 3 off Albums on the 400gb card. One is legible by Pulsar (Money for Nothing, a compilation) the other 2 off (Alchemy and On the Night) are not. I copied these 3 off dire straits albums from card and put them on a fresh card 64gb, along with the normal non-roon exported albums, with whatever tag conventions they may have, and different folder names, file names etc.

Popped this 64gb with only 3 albums (each duplicated in original and roon-exported versions) into M6 and rescanned, both in Pulsar and Fiio Music. Pulsar picked up as before, ie only Money for Nothing being legible and the other 2 not, irrespective of whether roon-exported or original files. Fiio music scanned all 3 albums, duplicated, fine.

Ill test out Pulsar on my phone for the same albums when I get the chance also. If they can be picked up on there, then it's likely a problem peculiar to the Pulsar install on the M6 only.

May 1, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #2,315 of 3,610
I think that overall fiio lacks in firmware, they should copy the aesthetics from sony walkman and ipods for the Fiio Music app, being able to browse by date or by file type would amazing, also when scrolling in artist seeing an image helps a lot and makes it much more beautiful and charming experience.

If they are not willing or can't afford it, nor they whitelist other apps, I'll definitely recommend R3 to anyone who asks me and doesn't need spotify, the software is more than 50% of the experience.

May 1, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #2,316 of 3,610
Enjoy your R3. I'll continue to enjoy the M6.

the software is more than 50% of the experience.
We have very different views then. I listen to music, not software.

May 1, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #2,317 of 3,610
I think that overall fiio lacks in firmware, they should copy the aesthetics from sony walkman and ipods for the Fiio Music app, being able to browse by date or by file type would amazing, also when scrolling in artist seeing an image helps a lot and makes it much more beautiful and charming experience.

If they are not willing or can't afford it, nor they whitelist other apps, I'll definitely recommend R3 to anyone who asks me and doesn't need spotify, the software is more than 50% of the experience.

Each to their own, but IMHO there's really not much horrendously wrong with the Fiio music app, lol.

Would be nice to have the search fixed, and to have the alternative Fiio music app working with the M6 would address minor other ergonomic wants, like 3 column grid view, artist images. It's my number 1 hope :)

May 1, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #2,318 of 3,610
Each to their own, but IMHO there's really not much horrendously wrong with the Fiio music app, lol.

Would be nice to have the search fixed, and to have the alternative Fiio music app working with the M6 would address minor other ergonomic wants, like 3 column grid view, artist images. It's my number 1 hope :)

Well, In my case I listen to a lot of Folk Metal and accented songs, so having 15% of my library displaying chinese characters is not really fun xd

May 1, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #2,320 of 3,610
Well, In my case I listen to a lot of Folk Metal and accented songs, so having 15% of my library displaying chinese characters is not really fun xd

Personally I don't like the FiiO music app and use Pulsar now, which suits how I play my music and it looks a LOT nicer. I tend to make playlists in Spotify, which casts, to play music to my home HiFi because there is no way to play local files from the M6 to my HiFi, over WiFi, using the FiiO music app. I can do this using Bluetooth but the quality is noticeably worse, in any codec, than using WiFi. The FiiO music app needs a total overhaul to me. Wonder why FiiO don't check the Samsung Music App, which is pretty well implemented and probably works with the Samsung Exynos chips?

May 1, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #2,321 of 3,610
Personally I don't like the FiiO music app and use Pulsar now, which suits how I play my music and it looks a LOT nicer. I tend to make playlists in Spotify, which casts, to play music to my home HiFi because there is no way to play local files from the M6 to my HiFi, over WiFi, using the FiiO music app. I can do this using Bluetooth but the quality is noticeably worse, in any codec, than using WiFi. The FiiO music app needs a total overhaul to me. Wonder why FiiO don't check the Samsung Music App, which is pretty well implemented and probably works with the Samsung Exynos chips?

I'd love to see some agnostic players on the M6 which are not commercial, like you say the Samsung app would be good. Pulsar won't index many of my albums sadly otherwise that would be my go to player. Don't know why.

Just wish Fiio could pickup the pace with updating their existing software rather than rolling out endless variations in hardware.

May 1, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #2,322 of 3,610
Hey Guys,

Here's some updates potentially FiiO will implement:

- when scrolling down, browsing through
albums songs etc. it is not so smooth
(in the es file explore app it handles the
“scroll down gesture” a lot more fluidly)

- a very intuitive filter that will
filter all the (main) metadata [for e.g: browse all songs from
year 2007+ or only year 2017 or up to year 2000..] and
tags that users can create which you may filter through . - this
im telling you
is going to really make it enhouble expeirence for users with mass content

- custom dedicated shortcut buttons to a user-arranged selections of
albums (this will work good for e.g with stories for kids; name
the button 'stories' and select...)

- a temporary song/album/artist disable (like when there's a whole
bunch of old albums that you arent in the mood of coming accros
by doing a all music shuffle..)

- im not sure if there's this: a description of song

- maybe a portable pdf viewer to see credits and description of a
album (most of albums bought online have this)

- many of my music have a video-music to it which would be awsome if
there was a dedicated "music video" button by the track
if sys. detects that there is (bc i have all the vids on my sd)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what do you guys think, any edits, addition to the list. lets here what you guys got! :)

May 1, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #2,323 of 3,610
Have been loving my M6, but as of this morning the screen is unresponsive. It was charging overnight.

The buttons work: pressing the power button and the screen comes up showing what I'm playing, the play / pause button works, likewise the two volume ones as well. The screen shows volume level changes, pause in playing but the screen is totally unresponsive and just goes dark after about 10 seconds (I think that's what I set the screen to on setup). Plugging in an audio cable to the M6 and a powered speaker and music plays & pauses.

Have tried the reset (hold power & play for 10+ seconds?) but I don't know if it works as the screen darkens and I don't get the setup screen. It's as new (from here) with only 10 hours of use before I got it and I haven't had it that long.

Any ideas?

Photo attached of the screen.

Attachments

• M6.jpg
    M6.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 0
May 1, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #2,324 of 3,610

HI! Do they work fine in the newer FiiO music app? Have you any music file to share so I can test it? Curiouss. Thanks!

May 1, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #2,325 of 3,610
Wonder why FiiO don't check the Samsung Music App, which is pretty well implemented and probably works with the Samsung Exynos chips?

My test reported "Application not compatible with your phone". Not definitive of course, but sounds bad.. Don't think it'll work, it was a good call though.. Never used it, does it work in a non Samsung Android phone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back