[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Dec 26, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #211 of 3,610
Just received 1 hour ago and will be selling immediately.
Purchased it for transport purposes.
1. Usb out works in fiio app, but not in Tidal. What?
2. Cheap plasticky feeling in hand. This is 179 usd, not 79! Even my colorfly c3 feels more solid in hand.
3. Bad, bad processor. Search in tidal is too much for it. Notable lag when entering or deleting search string.

Overall sound is better than fiio btr3 I own, but not on par with any of mid fi daps, let alone Sony zx2 that I own.

Will be selling immediately.

Dec 26, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #213 of 3,610
You have to enable the FiiO Link on the FiiO Music app of the M6 and then enable FiiO Link as a client on the FiiO Music app of the mobile, at that point take full control of the FiiO Music of the M6, practically you have the same functions you would have on the M6.
Obviously mobile phone and M6 must be able to see through Bluetooth!

http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40869
It should allow you to listen to tracks on different folders although you are not listening to a playlist!
I do not know this...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain

HWA should mean Hi-Res Wireless Audio, it is practically an encoding that allows you to have a very high quality audio via wireless.
Even here if you search the internet you find articles.

I decided that the wi-fi transfer does not interest me, failing to decide or understand how to do, the destination, having decided to use only the SD card.
I find it much more convenient to remove the card from the M6 and work on the folders directly from my PC where I have pr

What do you mean by CODEC BLUETOOTH connected?
When my Bluetooth is on, I see the symbol at the top left next to the volume icon.
thanks for the reply. I.e. apt / hd / ldac etc

Other devices I have are easy to know cause they have ldac, l apt, a etc noted on the icon or is the icon.... This one...I can't seem to find it and their website doesn't have a "legend" . I ask because when I tried listening, it didn't sound ldac quality

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #215 of 3,610
Hi to every one.
It's my first post.
I was confused to choose between Cayin N3 and Hidizs AP80, but now there is a new model from fiio.
So, I have a question specially to hsilmi: could you compare Cayin N3 to Fiio M6 please?
I mean sound quality, dynamic, EQ settings, etc.

Dec 26, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #216 of 3,610
Hi to every one.
It's my first post.
I was confused to choose between Cayin N3 and Hidizs AP80, but now there is a new model from fiio.
So, I have a question specially to hsilmi: could you compare Cayin N3 to Fiio M6 please?
I mean sound quality, dynamic, EQ settings, etc.

hi kloss, i did compare the N3 and M6. these are my opinion tested both with ath-ar5bt and KZ-zsn
sound : M6 sound signature is leaning a little bit bright becasue i think that's the sound signature from Sabre DAC.
N3 have warmer sound to me than M6. But still its very dependable from what kind of headphone you use. Because i think the diffrence between these two quite thin. Unless you sit at home and spend few times A/B comparing, you wont notice the difference.
they both two have small difference also in power output. its on 20mW at 16ohm. M6 have 110 mW and N3 have 130 mW at 16ohm. so from power output also you will hadly notice the difference.

EQ settings : sure M6 would be looks easier oing EQ settings with those touch screen than N3. But here's the Problem. When you doing some EQ in N3, despite EQ off or ON ( but flat EQ) the sound wont be any difference, unless you really tweak the Eq then the sound will be change. On M6 the sound will be change (sound like the volume cutted) the moment you turn On the EQ setting, even the the EQ is flat settings.
But for me its no biggie, i never tweak my EQ anyway. i like the difference characteristic from each headphone or IEM

i did buy sony NW-a35 before i bought M6. Because with Cayin N3 happened so many times accidental press when im looking song in my list. there's no LED lamp under the touch indicator on N3. And also because the touch panel is too sensitive happened also the accidental press. To be honest, its almost 2019 and i think N3 UI is so oldschool and quite boring for me. Im tired every time my friends saw N3 they asked is it mp3 player or what, i had to explain it. not that i care what they think, but they always asked when im trying enjoying my music and it was annoying for me.
after i bought NW-a35 i fell in love with the UI and how it looks and feel on your hand. with that full touch screen its easier to go trough your songs, Plus Sony make their own DAC chip resaulting sony signature sound diffrent than other open market DAC like sabre, texas instrument, or AK. And dont make me start with the LDAC Bluetooth, its just Superb. And the Battery last really long, with my song most are FLAC, takes sony around 30 Hrs playback. the Only letdown is the Poweroutput. i dont know if sony so confident with their amp Chip or they purposely build the NW-a35 for IEMs only, it has only 33mW at 16 Ohm -.- unless i stacked it with an my Fiio A3, i was dying driving bigger impedance Headphone. What right ? even Fiio M3k have 35mW powerouput and it cost only €70. i forget one thing, that freakin sony cable -.-

then god answer my prayer :D came M6 with all the preks i love from sony NW-a35 ( besides the sony DAC and AMP chips) and the power almost like N3. Gone all my Problems, im commuting now with M6 sits perfect in my pocket with great SQ and at home i can enjoy new perk from M6 ( stream from spotify ), wich i didnt get with NW-a35. even poeple see you at train or your freinds see it, probably they will think its a smartphone anyway and wont bother you when you listen to your music. And dont Forget the screen bro, its comparable with the hiby R3.

but than again it depends on what you need from a DAP. i just hope my experiences could help you spend your money wisely
cheers bro :)

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #217 of 3,610
hi kloss, i did compare the N3 and M6. these are my opinion tested both with ath-ar5bt and KZ-zsn
sound : M6 sound signature is leaning a little bit bright becasue i think that's the sound signature from Sabre DAC.
N3 have warmer sound to me than M6. But still its very dependable from what kind of headphone you use. Because i think the diffrence between these two quite thin. Unless you sit at home and spend few times A/B comparing, you wont notice the difference.
they both two have small difference also in power output. its on 20mW at 16ohm. M6 have 110 mW and N3 have 130 mW at 16ohm. so from power output also you will hadly notice the difference.

EQ settings : sure M6 would be looks easier oing EQ settings with those touch screen than N3. But here's the Problem. When you doing some EQ in N3, despite EQ off or ON ( but flat EQ) the sound wont be any difference, unless you really tweak the Eq then the sound will be change. On M6 the sound will be change (sound like the volume cutted) the moment you turn On the EQ setting, even the the EQ is flat settings.
But for me its no biggie, i never tweak my EQ anyway. i like the difference characteristic from each headphone or IEM

i did buy sony NW-a35 before i bought M6. Because with Cayin N3 happened so many times accidental press when im looking song in my list. there's no LED lamp under the touch indicator on N3. And also because the touch panel is too sensitive happened also the accidental press. To be honest, its almost 2019 and i think N3 UI is so oldschool and quite boring for me. Im tired every time my friends saw N3 they asked is it mp3 player or what, i had to explain it. not that i care what they think, but they always asked when im trying enjoying my music and it was annoying for me.
after i bought NW-a35 i fell in love with the UI and how it looks and feel on your hand. with that full touch screen its easier to go trough your songs, Plus Sony make their own DAC chip resaulting sony signature sound diffrent than other open market DAC like sabre, texas instrument, or AK. And dont make me start with the LDAC Bluetooth, its just Superb. And the Battery last really long, with my song most are FLAC, takes sony around 30 Hrs playback. the Only letdown is the Poweroutput. i dont know if sony so confident with their amp Chip or they purposely build the NW-a35 for IEMs only, it has only 33mW at 16 Ohm -.- unless i stacked it with an my Fiio A3, i was dying driving bigger impedance Headphone. What right ? even Fiio M3k have 35mW powerouput and it cost only €70. i forget one thing, that freakin sony cable -.-

then god answer my prayer :D came M6 with all the preks i love from sony NW-a35 ( besides the sony DAC and AMP chips) and the power almost like N3. Gone all my Problems, im commuting now with M6 sits perfect in my pocket with great SQ and at home i can enjoy new perk from M6 ( stream from spotify ), wich i didnt get with NW-a35. even poeple see you at train or your freinds see it, probably they will think its a smartphone anyway and wont bother you when you listen to your music. And dont Forget the screen bro, its comparable with the hiby R3.

but than again it depends on what you need from a DAP. i just hope my experiences could help you spend your money wisely
cheers bro :)

If you have LDAC, what does the LDAC icon look like in the M6? feels like I'm not getting LDAC with my XM3 and doesn't indicate L, LDAC, etc like the other DAPs I have that supports it

Dec 27, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #218 of 3,610
OK, i have no idea what was wrong but I did a factory reset and now it has that bluetooth icon with an arrow through it then LDAC next to it. Now I am def. getting the LDAC quality i was trying to hit. Now my question is, why in the world did a factor reset make it work, i literally installed nothing but Sony headphone app.

Dec 27, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #219 of 3,610
OK, i have no idea what was wrong but I did a factory reset and now it has that bluetooth icon with an arrow through it then LDAC next to it. Now I am def. getting the LDAC quality i was trying to hit. Now my question is, why in the world did a factor reset make it work, i literally installed nothing but Sony headphone app.
Dear friend,

Maybe it was some settings error before doing the factory restore.
You could switch the wireless playback quality from settings-audio-wireless playback quality.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 27, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #220 of 3,610
If you have LDAC, what does the LDAC icon look like in the M6? feels like I'm not getting LDAC with my XM3 and doesn't indicate L, LDAC, etc like the other DAPs I have that supports it
Dear friend,

The LDAC icon is like that in the status bar:
upload_2018-12-27_17-49-27.png

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 27, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #223 of 3,610
Good day! Im just wondering if how does thr M6 stack up against ES100

Dec 27, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #224 of 3,610
Hello, Can Fio M6 work as a USB DAC and BT transmitter simultaneously? I need play music from PC to BT headphones with aptx or LDAC codec.
Or can play files from PC via DLNA (wifi) to bluetooth headphones?
Thank you

Dec 27, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #225 of 3,610
hai @FiiO, im wondering, where i can buy an extra screen protector for my M6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back