FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Sep 24, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #151 of 2,001
  Yeah, then why not, they could even consider one nuclear powered for nearly infinite autonomy...

If Cowon can make players with 90 hours or more of battery life(such as the M2 and X9) why can't other companies? I don't like these Cowon players though due to the touchscreen(I want tactile buttons), semi proprietary connector, as well as the database size limits these Cowon players have. These players are also well over $100. The extra cost for a higher capacity battery is rather small. 

Sep 24, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #152 of 2,001
If Cowon can make players with 90 hours or more of battery life(such as the M2 and X9) why can't other companies? I don't like these Cowon players though due to the touchscreen(I want tactile buttons), semi proprietary connector, as well as the database size limits these Cowon players have. These players are also well over $100. The extra cost for a higher capacity battery is rather small. 

Agree. Sony (and Apple!) also achieve similar results

Sep 24, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #153 of 2,001
Agree. Sony (and Apple!) also achieve similar results

Does Sony make a player with 90+ hours of battery life? If so, I haven't heard of it. Does Apple make a player with 90+ hours of battery life? I doubt it.

Sep 24, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #154 of 2,001
Does Sony make a player with 90+ hours of battery life? If so, I haven't heard of it. Does Apple make a player with 90+ hours of battery life? I doubt it.

No 'only' 77 the E585 that's why I said' similar' and with buttons on . But all Walkmans are good.

Edit. As for Apple, no, but a Classic gives 30+ hours easily (more with LOD/Amp) which is pretty good for a comparatively ancient design.. I was just saying you don't necessarily have to put up a short battery life.

Nevertheless the new Fiio looks (a first for me) interesting. an alternative to the Clip+ which has an absolutely pathetic battery life. despite which I sitll like it !

Sep 24, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #155 of 2,001
You say that now, but just wait until you see the matchstick-sized amp Fiio's planning
wink_face.gif

What I would like to see is a matching (chassis size) amp to baby brick this little cutie
biggrin.gif

Sep 24, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #156 of 2,001
You say that now, but just wait until you see the matchstick-sized amp Fiio's planning :wink_face:

What I would like to see is a matching (chassis size) amp to baby brick this little cutie:D

Dude, a matchstick sized DAC + a matchstick sized amp for a supa-cutie triple stack :wink:

Sep 24, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #157 of 2,001
Dude, a matchstick sized DAC + a matchstick sized amp for a supa-cutie triple stack
wink.gif

Well they are going to have to re-size connectors or otherwise they are going to look more like dumbbells when cabled out!

So were talkin' sumpin like this eh
eek.gif
LOL

I'll let you guess what the TF is on the amp
beerchug.gif

Sep 24, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #159 of 2,001
Way too big @Podster!

DAC + amp should fit side by side on the underside of the M3
wink.gif

That is the back of the M3 and they are side by side! You did say they were matchstick size right? I bet you could line up at least 24 matchsticks across the back of the M3
rolleyes.gif

OK, lets say these toothpicks are matchstick size to the back of this NX2 for proportion. I mean a #6 ground wire is thicker than a matchstick
blink.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see an amp or DAC the size of a matchstick but internal parts that size could only be done by a master watchmaker or Santa's Helpers
wink_face.gif

Sep 24, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #161 of 2,001
I have two amps that are tiny in the extreme - my Pico Slim and my ALO National+ (Although it is a bit thick) - A DAP this size that isn't an Apple nano where you could have a dedicated line out would be great - I am interested in this unit as my current mini-stack is one of my favorites for on-the-go.....

Sep 24, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #162 of 2,001
  I have two amps that are tiny in the extreme - my Pico Slim and my ALO National+ (Although it is a bit thick) - A DAP this size that isn't an Apple nano where you could have a dedicated line out would be great - I am interested in this unit as my current mini-stack is one of my favorites for on-the-go.....

Nice Ivabign, these are my Tiny Dancers
wink_face.gif

The Tomahawk is a wee bit thick as well still fits in my top pocket
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 24, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #163 of 2,001

Nice Ivabign, these are my Tiny Dancers
wink_face.gif

The Tomahawk is a wee bit thick as well still fits in my top pocket
bigsmile_face.gif

Very cool - have you tried amping the HO on your nano? Is there much difference between going through your adapters to get the digital out?

Sep 24, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #164 of 2,001

Very cool - have you tried amping the HO on your nano? Is there much difference between going through your adapters to get the digital out?

You know I bought that lightning adapter before I ever even had the Nano so I've always used the adapter for digital out! I have run the HO directly to an external powered speaker but that is not telling you what you asked
redface.gif
So no I have not tried amping HO out.

Sep 24, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #165 of 2,001

You know I bought that lightning adapter before I ever even had the Nano so I've always used the adapter for digital out! I have run the HO directly to an external powered speaker but that is not telling you what you asked
redface.gif
So no I have not tried amping HO out.

The reason I asked is that "on the go" I could never hear a difference. Some iPods have very clean HO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back