[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
May 21, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #226 of 5,690
May 21, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #228 of 5,690
Oh really? I thought I've read before DAPs usually can't download files, only stream them. Maybe I'll look into the M11 Plus since it's only 1000 CAD.

Most of the apps will allow DL for offline use with the app: spotify, tidal, Apple Music (which should now work with this new SOC).

May 22, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #230 of 5,690
Oh really? I thought I've read before DAPs usually can't download files, only stream them. Maybe I'll look into the M11 Plus since it's only 1000 CAD.
My old Onkyo DP-X1 has Apple Music installed since Apple Music got released for Android and I’ve always downloaded music on there.

I don’t think it should be a problem with these newer Android based DAPs. I could be wrong.

May 22, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #231 of 5,690
Bruh, anything you can do with android phone other than google services you can do with this DAP. Same thing applies to iBasso DX300, M11s, Hiby R6/R8. They're CPU are fast enough to run apps, Facebook, WhatsApp anything.

May 30, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #232 of 5,690
May 30, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #233 of 5,690
My old Onkyo DP-X1 has Apple Music installed since Apple Music got released for Android and I’ve always downloaded music on there.

I don’t think it should be a problem with these newer Android based DAPs. I could be wrong.
Did you side load Apple Music cos I recall Onkyo went the way of embedded apps for Tidal?

May 30, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #234 of 5,690
As long as the apps allow, you can DL files for offline use. I think all the music apps that I use allow that: Tidal, Spotify, Apple Music, KKBox, QQ Music. The only restriction is the number of devices allowed to DL.

May 30, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #235 of 5,690
They're gonna have to be playing catch up with iBasso and FiiO in years to come from the looks of it.

Well, AK has more or less stagnated in terms of improving the driving power of their DAPs (incremental only) as well as the UI. I don't recall the UI changing for a few TOTL DAPs now. Once Apple launches a sleek new iPod that takes advantage of the new lossless tiers of Apple Music, AK will no doubt be sweating as they seem to have focused on good looking luxury lifestyle items in recent years. And no one does lifestyle like Apple does...

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #236 of 5,690
Reguarding the FiiO Music App, the replaygain function for either albums or single tracks doesn't seem to be working on playback, anyone notice this?

dB values were changed (lowered) on Foobar2000 but the tracks/album volume is the same.

Jun 7, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #237 of 5,690
@FiiO , @JamesFiiO ... hello gentleman. What's the good word? Still spec'ed as earlier shared? Any major alterations? Is there an operating prototype? And Do you have a better idea when you will officially launch and deliver?

Mich thanx for anything you're able to share.

Jun 8, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #238 of 5,690
have a feeling after Apple released their Music App with Dolby Atmos and Hi-res lossless Music the DAP producers are going to be touting if their DAP is Apple Music capable and Dolby Atmos playback over head phones..... This is a slight game changer...

Jun 8, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #239 of 5,690
have a feeling after Apple released their Music App with Dolby Atmos and Hi-res lossless Music the DAP producers are going to be touting if their DAP is Apple Music capable and Dolby Atmos playback over head phones..... This is a slight game changer...
Most of the headphones have 2 drivers for proper stereo and can build 3D space using the two.
Binaural recording technology helps with it.
Atmos was built with 3+ speakers in mind and it can build the 3D space in a room assuming 3.1 / 5.1.2 / 7.2.4 speaker configuration.
I don't know how you imagine the Atmos technology helping with 2 drivers reproduction on classic headphones....

Jun 8, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #240 of 5,690
Most of the headphones have 2 drivers for proper stereo and can build 3D space using the two.
Binaural recording technology helps with it.
Atmos was built with 3+ speakers in mind and it can build the 3D space in a room assuming 3.1 / 5.1.2 / 7.2.4 speaker configuration.
I don't know how you imagine the Atmos technology helping with 2 drivers reproduction on classic headphones....
The Smyth Realiser A16 uses 2 driver headphones and via its Atmos DSP circuits can output 15.1.8 Atmos... (24 channels ) I'd like to see Apple Music get to that kind of level for 2 driver headphones.... its very much doable if they want it to have that capability... it creates a 3D space and each channel is easily heard and separated in the 3D space

Users who are viewing this thread

Back