[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Dec 20, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #1,562 of 5,690
Joined the club!

I noticed many headfiers whom I value their feedback liking the M17 and couldn't stop myself from trying it out too.

20211220_123354[1803].jpg

Dec 20, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #1,563 of 5,690
Joined the club!

I noticed many headfiers whom I value their feedback liking the M17 and couldn't stop myself from trying it out too.
Nice one! Welcome to the club! Luck was on your side finding one this side of 2021. You're in for a big treat! It really is a brilliant DAP. 🎧

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #1,565 of 5,690
Joined the club!

20211220_123354[1803].jpg
this is exactly the reason i am considering to buy it as well. the feedback sound so good from experienced people having various TOTL gears.

Dec 20, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #1,566 of 5,690
this is exactly the reason i am considering to buy it as well. the feedback sound so good from experienced people having various TOTL gears.

I wouldn't call myself experienced as I am only 2 years into this hobby, but I can tell you that based on my DAP ownership, Shanling M8, FiiO M11Pro, HiiBy R6 Pro, iBasso DX300 and DX240 with Amp 8, the M17 is the DAP to have. Yes its a brick, but as for use case scenarios, it would work just fine for the following

1. Desktop/Home use Amp/DAC.
2. Portable for Office use.
3. Portable for Holiday use.
4. Daily commutable DAP (If transported in a backpack)

I would not recommend it as a portable unit to just chuck into your pocket and go out for the day. Its too big for trousers or jeans or inside pockets of jackets on a daily use scenario IMO.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #1,568 of 5,690
Here's something I tried this evening...
With DC connected and Over head Enhanced Hyperspace whatever mode selected.... download YouTube.... yeah... I know.... and play this...... absolutely amazing! The sound coming out of the M17 and the recording of the track sounds even better than the original.... hell... I wish I could do what he does! Have a look and especially listen.... crank it up!

Nice cover. Looks like a nice DW kit.

Dec 20, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #1,569 of 5,690
Last night I unplugged the AC power as I was carrying the M17 from my office to the bedroom and after re plugging the AC it doesn't bring up the enhanced output anymore.

Tried restart and plugging the AC a few times but the enhanced output option is not popping up or showing up anymore in settings, anyone know what's going on?

Some glitch in the software or firmware I'm thinking 🤔

TIA

Dec 20, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #1,570 of 5,690
Last night I unplugged the AC power as I was carrying the M17 from my office to the bedroom and after re plugging the AC it doesn't bring up the enhanced output anymore.

Tried restart and plugging the AC a few times but the enhanced output option is not popping up or showing up anymore in settings, anyone know what's going on?

TIA
Flick the Batt/DC switch on the side to Batt. Plug in to DC then flick to DC mode. That should work.

Dec 20, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #1,571 of 5,690

TIA

please check the " DC/BAT " switcher first .

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 20, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #1,573 of 5,690
Haven't got the chance to plug the M17's adapter yet, but it pairs so well with the Meze Lirics which I have at work, will try the Stealth and the others once I return back home.

The built in upscaler sounds great too. The whole M17 package is definitely a step up from the normal DX300 that I usually use and I still love that DAP.

Will need more time to compare it against the Shanling M30. :)

20211220_171826[1805].jpg

Dec 20, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #1,574 of 5,690
it pairs so well with the Meze Lirics which I have at work,
This is great news! This is the second recommendation on the Liric's. I may slowly be waving bye bye to purchasing the Utopia's..... for the time being..... 😳

Users who are viewing this thread

Back