[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
May 17, 2022 at 2:29 AM Post #3,886 of 5,690
Ahoy! A question, if you don't mind: have you had a chance to drive your Signature Pro with the M17? If so what did you think?

I ask because I will likely be picking some up soon and listen to a LOT of electronic (dance) music. Mainly Drum n Bass, with some Techno, Electro and House (in that order).
I’ll plug them in today for you. In use the ultrasones mostly for electronic music too

May 17, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #3,887 of 5,690
Ahoy! A question, if you don't mind: have you had a chance to drive your Signature Pro with the M17? If so what did you think?

I ask because I will likely be picking some up soon and listen to a LOT of electronic (dance) music. Mainly Drum n Bass, with some Techno, Electro and House (in that order).
Your going to love it. Deep bass and a very lively sound. I'm testing it with dc power

May 17, 2022 at 5:55 AM Post #3,888 of 5,690
I listened to M17 at my local Fiio dealer a few days ago and absolutely loved it. Looked into getting the new Sony WM1AM2 DAP but I'd be waiting a couple of months for delivery after payment. Plus, there's no way for me to listen to one. Using Sony's MDR-Z1R and IER-Z1R, plus a few other mid-fi cans and IEMs and M17 sounded really good with them all. So my new M17 arrives within a few days. Hope I won't be missing Sony's house sound :)

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #3,889 of 5,690
I listened to M17 at my local Fiio dealer a few days ago and absolutely loved it. Looked into getting the new Sony WM1AM2 DAP but I'd be waiting a couple of months for delivery after payment. Plus, there's no way for me to listen to one. Using Sony's MDR-Z1R and IER-Z1R, plus a few other mid-fi cans and IEMs and M17 sounded really good with them all. So my new M17 arrives within a few days. Hope I won't be missing Sony's house sound :)
i have the wm1a, wm1z and fiio m17 - paired with mdr-z1r, the fiio does make a great job. makes so much fun to listen.

May 17, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #3,890 of 5,690
But N8ii is almost twice the price.
As a former M17 owner a current N8ii owner, I can say that both devices are excellent.
N8ii is smaller and bests the M17 with the IEMs and headphone that I currently own. It is also something that I can carry around with me far more easily.

Is the Cayin worth twice as much? No- but as we all know, we are talking about diminishing returns here. There is also the brand component- a BMW tends to cost more than a VW.

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #3,891 of 5,690
As a former M17 owner a current N8ii owner, I can say that both devices are excellent.
N8ii is smaller and bests the M17 with the IEMs and headphone that I currently own. It is also something that I can carry around with me far more easily.

Is the Cayin worth twice as much? No- but as we all know, we are talking about diminishing returns here. There is also the brand component- a BMW tends to cost more than a VW.
Since you had both, how's the thermal situation? It seems the Cayin is quite warm, but is it warmer than the M17 on the go? Of course not in full DC mode.

May 17, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #3,892 of 5,690

May be but Cayin is no BMW in my book :wink:.

May 17, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #3,893 of 5,690
May be but Cayin is no BMW in my book :wink:.
Going by how long they have been on the market for and the pricing of their amplifiers, I beg to differ :p
All relative, we are comparing two Chinese companies here

May 17, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #3,894 of 5,690
Since you had both, how's the thermal situation? It seems the Cayin is quite warm, but is it warmer than the M17 on the go? Of course not in full DC mode.
I have only ever used the M17 static- the thing is way too large to comfortably carry around.

M17 in DC mode is fantastic, while it is far less impressive on battery power.
I got my first proper WOW moment with in plugged in the mains.

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #3,895 of 5,690
I have only ever used the M17 static- the thing is way too large to comfortably carry around.

M17 in DC mode is fantastic, while it is far less impressive on battery power.
I got my first proper WOW moment with in plugged in the mains.
It did make you WOW right, that's what it's strength is. My friend is being wowed everyday with his LCDX on battery power itself:smiley:
Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #3,896 of 5,690
Haven't been listening to my m17 for a few weeks and planned to listen to it for a while this evening. But sadly found the rear panel was bulged out! I'm afraid it might be the battery issue and didn't turn it on. Need to contact the local agent for repair tomorrow . . .

Attachments

• 20220518_001630.jpg
    20220518_001630.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
May 17, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #3,900 of 5,690
Hi guys, Is anyone here using Jriver media center on their home PC? If yes, are you using the DLNA function with the M17 DLNA? I am having trouble getting the M17 to detect the Jriver's DLNA and vice versa.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back