[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Jan 4, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #1,878 of 5,690
Loving my m17- currently using it with the Focal Utopia. The one bit missing for me is proper Roon support that circumvents Android's codec.
@FiiO any chance you can approach Roon about this?

Roon's app is one of the recommendations in the FiiO store app, I hope that this is a little hint that something is being done to address this.
I use it in dac mode connected to a RPi4 as Roon Endpoint. On DC mode, perfect! It's a desktop system

Jan 4, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #1,880 of 5,690
I use it in dac mode connected to a RPi4 as Roon Endpoint. On DC mode, perfect! It's a desktop system
I suppose I could connect it to my Chord 2Go&2Yu. Becomes a bit of a clunky setup, however.
Much prefer to use my SP2K, which is also Android based AND a Roon endpoint.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #1,885 of 5,690
One technical question:
The EQ works perfectly in the FiiO player mode with the SD card.
Is there any option to use the EQ also for streaming with tidal/qobuz?
Thanks.
Yes. Search for Wavelet and Poweramp EQ in this thread (or other threads). Then you can EQ just about anything other than DSD and probably MQA.

Jan 4, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #1,886 of 5,690
One technical question:
Thanks.
EQ using the PowerAmp EQ working with Qobuz.

Screenshot_20220104-182647.png

Jan 4, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #1,888 of 5,690
Hi @FiiO

Any chance MQA decode and render will be added in DAC mode? The unit works great in Roon via Windows 10, and I’m not hung up on MQA, but would be nice to have the functionality working so I get the full path to the M17.

Jan 4, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #1,889 of 5,690
Search for Wavelet and Poweramp EQ in this thread (or other threads). Then you can EQ just about anything other than DSD and probably MQA.
Hmm, but I thought that an equalizer for an audiophile is evil!)

Jan 4, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #1,890 of 5,690
One technical question:
Thanks.
Wavelet and Poweramp are working fine with Qobuz and Amazon Music ... and Fiio Playe, Neutron, and even for a Bluetooth Headphone/IEM/BTDongle like Qudelix& Ifi Go blu)
I don't know for Tidal.. as it's a bit a kind of special lossy codec.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back