[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Jun 15, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #256 of 5,690
That's why Dolby Atmos is so enjoyed, it induces a "flight or flight" response, triggers the chemical responses that cause you to jump into overdrive, kind of like that feeling we get when we ride on a fast and quick change of direction roller coaster. And, it can tire us out just as quickly and make us feel "unhealthy":

Understanding the stress response

IDK, I kind of like Atmos in small doses, I don't think I'd prefer Atmos "all the time", not 100% of my playback. :)

Hey!, where's @FiiO / @WianFiiO / @JamesFiiO with that Fiio M17 release date already? :wink:
Yeah for me it kicks my PTSD into high gear lol. So not healthy for me.

Jun 16, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #257 of 5,690
Hey!, where's @FiiO / @WianFiiO / @JamesFiiO with that Fiio M17 release date already? :wink:

Well, @FiiO @WianFiiO @JamesFiiO , after promising so much on the M11Plus LTD threads, don’t seem to be able to fulfill the pre-orders as a result of all their marketing, and then leaving their local distributors to take the heat from their customers. Now deliveries are reportedly going to be pushed back to July.

@hmscott Who knows if they are able to deliver on a timely basis anymore? Last I heard the shipment of FiiO FH5s, which again pre-orders were taken by local distributors, had been delayed for more than a month with no clear ETA. Who knows what is happening any more… Perhaps success has gotten to their heads?

Jun 16, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #258 of 5,690
Well, @FiiO @WianFiiO @JamesFiiO , after promising so much on the M11Plus LTD threads, don’t seem to be able to fulfill the pre-orders as a result of all their marketing, and then leaving their local distributors to take the heat from their customers. Now deliveries are reportedly going to be pushed back to July.

@hmscott Who knows if they are able to deliver on a timely basis anymore? Last I heard the shipment of FiiO FH5s, which again pre-orders were taken by local distributors, had been delayed for more than a month with no clear ETA. Who knows what is happening any more… Perhaps success has gotten to their heads?
Dear Kiats, I was half-joking with my last post asking about the M17 delivery schedule - I didn't intend to touch the nerve connected to our pandemic related annoyances we've all grown - sorry about that @Kiats please accept my apology.
We are all in the middle (yes middle) of a pandemic, and due to the on and off again shutdown cycles our sources for electronics are being negatively affected, the manufacturers are having a tough time of it too. Costs have gone up - a little or a lot - and availability has gone way down, delivery schedules are not getting met for components too, which makes it tough to build equipment when they don't have the parts.

So let's not burn down Fiio for the same problem most everyone is suffering with at one time or another during the pandemic.

At the beginning of the pandemic it took 4 months for one of my orders to arrive - from a normally reliable vendor, because of the shutdowns, but ever since that same vendor has been able to ship some things in 3-5 days from China to the US - and some take 3 weeks - it is all down to "best efforts" until things return back to normal. And, that will likely take longer than we hope.

I believe FiiO is trying their best, so I don't want to heap any more stress on them than they already have - I'm sure it's tough out there right now - I'm retired so I don't feel it as badly, but it is still tough for all of us in one way or another.
I apologize to @FiiO as well, please keep up the good work. :)

I'm sure the M17 will be awesome when it can and will happen.:)

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #259 of 5,690
Dear Kiats, I was half-joking with my last post asking about the M17 delivery schedule - I didn't intend to touch the nerve connected to our pandemic related annoyances we've all grown - sorry about that @Kiats please accept my apology.
We are all in the middle (yes middle) of a pandemic, and due to the on and off again shutdown cycles our sources for electronics are being negatively affected, the manufacturers are having a tough time of it too. Costs have gone up - a little or a lot - and availability has gone way down, delivery schedules are not getting met for components too, which makes it tough to build equipment when they don't have the parts.

So let's not burn down Fiio for the same problem most everyone is suffering with at one time or another during the pandemic.

At the beginning of the pandemic it took 4 months for one of my orders to arrive - from a normally reliable vendor, because of the shutdowns, but ever since that same vendor has been able to ship some things in 3-5 days from China to the US - and some take 3 weeks - it is all down to "best efforts" until things return back to normal. And, that will likely take longer than we hope.

I believe FiiO is trying their best, so I don't want to heap any more stress on them than they already have - I'm sure it's tough out there right now - I'm retired so I don't feel it as badly, but it is still tough for all of us in one way or another.
I apologize to @FiiO as well, please keep up the good work. :)

I'm sure the M17 will be awesome when it can and will happen.:)

Haha! No offense taken at all. Though @JamesFiiO does have a fair bit to explain. He and the fiio crew @WianFiiO @FiiO asked everyone to please order the M11Plus LTD from the local distributors, which everyone did and coughed up for pre-orders cos the ADs were told early June was when delivery would be made. And then FiiO, instead of fulfilling pre-orders from their ADs, seem to be able to deliver from direct orders while pre-orders for their ADs keep getting pushed back. Hence, it is not the case that FiiO is struggling to fulfill orders. No issues fulfilling direct orders. :) That is more the issue. If @JamesFiiO was transparent with everyone including his ADs, it’d be a very different thing. But it is what it is. I’ve supported FiiO since they were a sprightly little start up from a decade back. When @JamesFiiO used to get ideas from customers on what features to be incorporated in their next idea he had. Guess FiiO is no longer the same company.

It is what it is.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #260 of 5,690
back to the M17 topic.... this past year ifi released the Diablo... its main strength is its balanced output power in a portable package.... I'd like to ask here of Fiio why are they specing the M17 at only 1.2 watts when with the Diablo spec'd out at 5 watts.... is the M17 going to be enough power at that price range... the chips are available... also will the M17 be a MQA decoder or a MQA renderer
ifi spec is maximum, not continous. HUGE difference, I've measured the Diablo in 33 Ohm continous in Turbo Single Ended is around 7.6V ( Realistically it outputs 1.75 W ) Nowhere near 5 Watts for continous. If the FiiO M17 can produce continous 6.19V @ 32 Ohms, that would be 1.2W or 30dB above sensitivity rating of headphone ( mW rating ).
Diablo_33_Turbo_max_volume_1khz~2.png

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #261 of 5,690
ifi spec is maximum, not continous. HUGE difference, I've measured the Diablo in 33 Ohm continous in Turbo Single Ended is around 7.6V ( Realistically it outputs 1.75 W ) Nowhere near 5 Watts for continous. If the FiiO M17 can produce continous 1.2 W @ 32 Ohms, that would be 6.19V or 30dB above sensitivity rating of headphone.
Thank you for the confirmation of the continuous output of the Diablo, I was considering getting a Diablo to add to the M15 to reach the full potential of my Hifiman HE6SE V2's...:ksc75smile:

I've considered an ifi Diablo myself because my Hifiman HE6SE V2 has a recommended minimum of 2w, and opens up with greater power available, around 7w is what I've heard.

The M11 Plus LTD has a bit more than 1/2 a watt Balanced Output rating from FiiO:
Output power 2 ≥588mW(4.3V)(32Ω /THD+N<1%)

The M15 Balanced Output rated by FiiO as having more than the M11 Plus LTD, especially the great "Over-ear Headphone mode":
Output power 2≥635mW (4.2V)(32Ω/THD+N<1%)
≥800mW (Over-ear Headphone mode/32Ω/ THD+N<1%)

And, if the M17 has 1.2w - assuming it is also in the Over-ear Headphone mode - that is a 50% boost from the M15 power! That is a great leap and I am very pleased. :)

The Diablo in that Lovely Red is heavier than the (Black) M11 Plus LTD and the M15! The Diablo lists that it weighs about 3/4lb or 330 grams, and the Diablo is only an external amplifier section, while the M17 will also need to support the Android Operating System, a large IPS hi-res Color Display, a full DAC along with a full headphone amplifier sections, adding to the physical space requirements greatly, and then the added battery space to power it all too!

The M15 weight is listed at 309 grams, the M11 Plus LTD weight is listed for the Black model as 310 grams and the Stainless Steel weight listed as 405 grams!

I am patiently waiting to hear how much the M17 weighs...

I do want more power, but the M15 already weighs so much in my jacket pocket.:)

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #262 of 5,690
Haha! No offense taken at all. Though @JamesFiiO does have a fair bit to explain. He and the fiio crew @WianFiiO @FiiO asked everyone to please order the M11Plus LTD from the local distributors, which everyone did and coughed up for pre-orders cos the ADs were told early June was when delivery would be made. And then FiiO, instead of fulfilling pre-orders from their ADs, seem to be able to deliver from direct orders while pre-orders for their ADs keep getting pushed back. Hence, it is not the case that FiiO is struggling to fulfill orders. No issues fulfilling direct orders. :) That is more the issue. If @JamesFiiO was transparent with everyone including his ADs, it’d be a very different thing. But it is what it is. I’ve supported FiiO since they were a sprightly little start up from a decade back. When @JamesFiiO used to get ideas from customers on what features to be incorporated in their next idea he had. Guess FiiO is no longer the same company.

It is what it is.
@Kiats, sorry to hear that man, I hope you get yours soon!! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #263 of 5,690

It is what it is.

We apologize for any troubles that we have been brought here. In our publicity, we have always stated that M11 Plus LTD will go on sale abroad in June. Our team is also working hard for this goal. Just yesterday we have started the shipments to different countries. Shipped one after another. Here is the shipping news link of M11 Plus LTD https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/522324.html

Due to physical reasons, James can not communicate with all of our users online every day like before, but we have other product managers to communicate with you online at any time.

We have always been very grateful to everyone for their support of our brand. We welcome everyone to give us suggestions at any time!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 28, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #268 of 5,690
While we can't get M17,
DX300 max was announced. Looks like it will be the same league.
And customers will buy what will be available earlier.
Dx300 is maybe missing some output power (2x1.2W), longer battery life ?, and some interesting features like separate power input to be able to use an external power while using an external dac output (USB-C) none of the android DAP till now can be powered with the same USB-C plug while using a desktop external DAC.

The M17 can be a powerful enough DAP for demanding headphones like HEDDphone, and can be a WIFI driver for many desktop DAC... Dx300 won't be, the Kann Alpha could have been, but has a terrific software and obsolete wifi connection and no BT input.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #269 of 5,690
Dx300 is maybe missing some output power (2x1.2W), longer battery life ?, and some interesting features like separate power input to be able to use an external power while using an external dac output (USB-C) none of the android DAP till now can be powered with the same USB-C plug while using a desktop external DAC.

The M17 can be a powerful enough DAP for demanding headphones like HEDDphone, and can be a WIFI driver for many desktop DAC... Dx300 won't be, the Kann Alpha could have been, but has a terrific software and obsolete wifi connection and no BT input.
I am talking about dx300 max, not just dx300

Jun 28, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #270 of 5,690

Dx300Max has 5 batteries supplies, separated charger, discrete 8 channels running into 4 active lines all the way for true and discrete balanced configuration with discrete class A amplifications . It is one hell of a player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back