FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Apr 11, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #1,951 of 4,083
Hi,

Sorry I confirmed again with the engineer that the sorting is designed to work like that. I have reported your feedback to them and we will assess whether changing this in later firmware update.

Best regards
Hi,

Please make them see sense though. When you create a playlist, you create it in the order you want it!! But when you wan to see your playlists in a folder or menu, it makes sense to list them alphabetically. But that of course does not mean you then want all the tracks in all your playlists moved to an alphabetical order. That males no sense! I’m sure people here would agree with me! in the play list menu show them alphabetically, but do not then change the individual playlists themselves!

if others feel the same way please let FiiO know :)

Apr 11, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #1,952 of 4,083
Hi fellow M15 owners,

please se my post above re playlist sorting. If you agree, would appreciate if you let FiiO know :beerchug:

Apr 11, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #1,953 of 4,083
Hi fellow M15 owners,

please se my post above re playlist sorting. If you agree, would appreciate if you let FiiO know :beerchug:

Did you try UAPP? It only cost $8.

Apr 12, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #1,955 of 4,083
Did you try UAPP? It only cost $8.

i like the FiiO app, it’s not about the money though it’s about logic! the way FiiO deal with playlists makes no sense. I shouldn’t have to buy or use another app, to overcome a design decision that makes no sense. If you make a playlist in the order you want it. FiiO should them not override the playlist. Appreciate the suggestion, but in an effort to get this changed it would be great if anyone does agree with me to say so rather than recommending the need to spend money on more apps.

but out of interest would be interested I’d anyone could try it on other apps to see if this happens. im sure it won’t!

cheers

Apr 12, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #1,956 of 4,083
I just downloaded the eval version of neutron, and of course it treats play list correctly, the can be listed alphabetically, but the actual track order is as built, not also alphabetical. I hear people rave about neutron, but god it has a horrible interface compared to the FiiO app. Plus I use in pure music mode. Please FiiO make this real simple fix!

think my X7 MK ii was on an older firmware. It behaved as it should.

cheers,

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #1,957 of 4,083
I just downloaded the eval version of neutron, and of course it treats play list correctly, the can be listed alphabetically, but the actual track order is as built, not also alphabetical. I hear people rave about neutron, but god it has a horrible interface compared to the FiiO app. Plus I use in pure music mode. Please FiiO make this real simple fix!

think my X7 MK ii was on an older firmware. It behaved as it should.

cheers,

I actually like the FiiO application and its interface in general but the fact that it modifies the PCM audio that much is just annoying. There is a very audible difference between FiiO application playing the same FLAC file and UAPP, and I am a very cynical person about much of the audiophile diarrhea (e.g. most of the cable talk) in these forums. I converted the albums I like to DSD and so that the playback is not modified, but I wish @FiiO would take a look at why there is this difference.

Apr 12, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #1,958 of 4,083
Not in the mood of listening to music in the past 3 weeks...

No new toy :D

No depression too. lol. Just a phase.

My left ear is thanking me, because I got an issue with IEMs on the left timpan. After some time using them, 3-4 days, it start's releasing some sort of liquid and it clogs. After a certain time I'm hearing like 50% compared to the right ear. Stop using IEMs and I'm fine pretty quickly. The issue is: I JUST listen to music outdoors (in contact with nature and sun) and hate full size headphones. Should leave the hobby? Start liking those huge size headphones? Visit the doctor? Still don't know :)

I had difficulty with IEM-induced ear problems and switched to full-size, quality, light, comfortable headphones. Never looked back. My ears have thanked me.

Apr 12, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #1,959 of 4,083
Installed UAPP with PEQ plugin and prefer this over Fiio stock from a UI and feature perspective. No issues buying from Google Play and in-app purchase. Playlist import and sorting are much easier than Fiio app. I also got tired of seeing "SQ" next to every freakin track....
LOL and you dont get tired of seeing HR next to each album title on your Sony?
15866999667657975577524056400407.jpg

Apr 12, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #1,960 of 4,083
I spent some time now with the M15 + A18t combo. A18t does hiss with M15. A18t directly connected to the balanced output, there is a mildly audible hiss, which is there even with the volume set to zero (if you pause it stays for some seconds and then goes away - I guess the amp section turned off). Bought the iEMatch 2.5mm (which is a rip off considering what it actually is, but I didn't want to overanalyse it for this time and just get the work done) and it helps with the hiss. With the "High (sensitivity)" setting on the IEMatch, I can switch between the A18t + iEMatch and Stellia without needing to adjust the volume. I did not notice any change in audio quality. So, I would recommend IEM users if you have such sensitive IEMs.

Despite the general belief that M15 is warm, I don't think it is at all, at least after using it so a long time and not using the FiiO application for playing the FLAC files (or just playing the DSD converted forms), its upper mids and treble reminds me of Hugo2 (? take it with a grain of salt though, as it is from memory) than anything warm, with my Stellia. But the FiiO application can make it sound warm and sound a bit more distant.

One thing about the A18t is that, it does not sound like the U18t expect the mids. I liked the bass more with the custom form but it does not have the same treble extension as the universal one.

And last, I applied a matt plastic screen protection film.

PhotoPictureResizer_200412_162612866_crop_1440x1488.jpg

Apr 12, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #1,961 of 4,083
LOL and you dont get tired of seeing HR next to each album title on your Sony?
15866999667657975577524056400407.jpg

Thanks for pointing that out and now I hate my Sony....:dt880smile:

Apr 12, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #1,964 of 4,083
Clocking up a few hours on the M15 now and so far it continues to impress the more I listen.

Spent some time today A/B ing between the M15 and my Ifi-Audio micro idsd.

Two main things I found were that the power to drive that the Idsd has is nothing short of stunning. Using Eco/Normal mode drives everything I own to levels that barely go beyond the 50% mark. The M15 needs high gain and pushed to around 65% to really make my Senn 660's sing.
From a sound quality point of view, the idsd can't quite match the detail and refined nature of the M15. the M15 picks out detail just that little better and is more refined in the delivery of the mids. Bass is more textured on the M15, feels there are more layers of detail across the board.

My initial intention was to sell the idsd after a while however it's such a nice bit of kit and has so much power in reserve that I will keep it for connection to my imac.
What kind of USB transport do you use with micro idsd? Do you use Roon or Audirvana?

Apr 12, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #1,965 of 4,083
What kind of USB transport do you use with micro idsd? Do you use Roon or Audirvana?

I was initially using my smartphone however since getting the M15 I only use it with my imac now.
Currently trying out Roon for 14 days, impressed so far and will probably subscribe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back