FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jan 27, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #691 of 4,083
18 ÷ 8 = 2.25

So you want an output impedence of 2.25 or less. So on the m15, you would ideally use the Single-ended output. On the Kann Cube either output would work.
Thanks, I decided to stay away from all ak products, just found out they got the cube design from st dupont by spying on folks FB and pictures, like what the korean companys does best haha To keep it real mostly all there products is UGLY unlike the japanese etc :)

Jan 27, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #692 of 4,083
Mmmmmm, A/B/C'd these 3, not as much in it as the price tags would suggest. Also the M6 is able to upsample to 768Khz wherea the Fiios are maxing at 384Khz (in Neutron) All 3 are awesome wIth the M15 having more power authority, a touch more kick in the bass with a smidgen more detail. This is early days yet though, as this was only a quick comparison.

M11Pro SS is the nicest build and the heaviest but only a little heavier than the M15 which in turn feels only a little heavier than the M6. The M15 volume takes a bit of getting used to, there is no on screen level with it being analog, the volume goes up a lot with only slight turn. Maybe i'm now too deaf to continue comparing these now :ksc75smile:

IMG_20200128_001056.jpg IMG_20200128_001154.jpg IMG_20200128_001133.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #693 of 4,083
There will be a golden ring here too but it won't make it sound any better :ksc75smile:

That’s because you’re not plugged in yet

Jan 27, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #695 of 4,083
Why is people so concern about the "accuracte reproduction" on one DAP/DAC and then go around wanting a DAP/DAC that's more "musical reproduction"

Seems to me if you want something "musical" its not going to be "accuracte".

Jan 27, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #698 of 4,083
Well yeah, but having it as a reference for future release of other products to compare it to, shouldn't you have the best sounding gear? You really can't trust "hearing memory".
I would think so, but no idea!
By the way how is the battery life of m15 treating you? I’ve made it down to 30% over the last 4 days but I don’t know how much I’ve listened...
Have you done a test?

Edit* I’ve been using high gain + headphone mode, volume at 30-40%

Jan 27, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #699 of 4,083
I would think so, but no idea!
By the way how is the battery life of m15 treating you? I’ve made it down to 30% over the last 4 days but I don’t know how much I’ve listened...
Have you done a test?

Edit* I’ve been using high gain + headphone mode, volume at 30-40%
Haven't really paid attention to the battery. I would randomly plug it in when i'm not using it. Also I accidently left it on twice. Should really use the "hold function" when i'm not using it.

You can't really test the battery until you have had a few charge and drains until it hits optimum charge capacity.

I don't worry I usually carry a battery pack with me at all times.

Jan 27, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #700 of 4,083
Mmmmmm, A/B/C'd these 3, not as much in it as the price tags would suggest. Also the M6 is able to upsample to 768Khz wherea the Fiios are maxing at 384Khz (in Neutron) All 3 are awesome wIth the M15 having more power authority, a touch more kick in the bass with a smidgen more detail. This is early days yet though, as this was only a quick comparison.

M11Pro SS is the nicest build and the heaviest but only a little heavier than the M15 which in turn feels only a little heavier than the M6. The M15 volume takes a bit of getting used to, there is no on screen level with it being analog, the volume goes up a lot with only slight turn. Maybe i'm now too deaf to continue comparing these now :ksc75smile:

Big decision to make as my local store now has the M15 as well as the M11 Pro, so need to make a call!!! Use case is a pair of HD800s’s and FH7’s primarily!! Guess does the M15 sound even close to twice as good considering it is twice the price!

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #701 of 4,083
Wouldn't then make more sense to keep the one that you feel sounds the best?
That never happens cause on HF you will soon read about a newer a better dap. Look at your buying in the last 4 months.

Jan 27, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #702 of 4,083
Big decision to make as my local store now has the M15 as well as the M11 Pro, so need to make a call!!! Use case is a pair of HD800s’s and FH7’s primarily!! Guess does the M15 sound even close to twice as good considering it is twice the price!
That’s never the case . Twice the price is not twice the sound quality . That’s where diminishing returns begin . You get little more upgrade for much Investments in the „normal case“

Jan 27, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #703 of 4,083
That’s never the case . Twice the price is not twice the sound quality . That’s where diminishing returns begin . You get little more upgrade for much Investments in the „normal case“

Agree, no way at all that it sounds remotely twice as good (heck, I doubt spending four times as much money would sound twice as good outside of subjective sound preferences).

Jan 27, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #704 of 4,083

I have the HD800 (the older one, not the s) and FH7. Small world. The M15/FH7 pairing works quite well, with no impedance issues on the balanced port that I can hear. The flat frequency response with great bass extension but no bass boost that I liked so much in the FH7 remains.

The HD800 as you know is notoriously hard to drive. When first hearing them driven from the M15 (4.4mm balanced) the HD800 sounded thin and uninteresting, as they had with previous DAPs. However on turning on the M15 "Over-ear headphone mode" the HD800 really came alive, as if driven from a decent desktop amp. Very impressive. I just have to be careful to remember to turn off "Over-Ear" before returning to IEMs.

I don't have the M11 Pro and suspect that with IEMs it may be a close race against the M15, but with the HD800s the M15 should be a no-brainer. I'm very curious to hear the results of your listening tests.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #705 of 4,083
Yeah, the comparison on Saturdaywill be the crux! How much better for the Hd800s’s in the M15 is what it will come down to!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back