FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jan 26, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #646 of 4,083
Great comparison thank you , do you have to use an impedance adapter with your a12t on balance out ?

No, for now I just switched the cable to an unbalanced 3.5.

Jan 26, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #647 of 4,083
simply put all these companies need to go back to the drawing board and ask themselves at which point did they go into the wrong direction . And that includes AK, ibasso and Fiio.

So far besides calyx, only cayin is sticking to the roots of what is a good sound ( what a dam mistake selling it )

Most daps nowadays sound sterile, non-engaging and boring. They are chasing details and losing the musicality of sound along the way

GO learn from calyx and then ask me to pay 1400 usd, until then I will stick to my chord mojo with poly for streaming and my calyx for ultimate sound and enjoyment

Specs this and specs that and in the end a non competent sound with a high price tag, topped with hiss issues and god knows what else, thank you I am not endorsing such a product. The biggest issue and which is not acceptable at all at this price tag is that reports mention hiss issues, let alone the sound signature preferences for a moment, but for 1400 usd at least offer me a dap that is competent and works flawlessly with streaming.
I have a mojopoly and at least right now I prefer the sound of the M15, I’m going to give it a couple weeks to be sure but I think the M15 signature is just right for me. I have 15 day to return the dap I wonder if I will like it less as that deadline approaches.

Jan 26, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #648 of 4,083
Has anyone read about how the ”disable charging” function works? Does it use wall power directly? I didn’t think it would possible without it passing threw the battery...
Does it just keep the battery at whatever level it was when you enable the setting?

Jan 26, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #649 of 4,083
Has anyone read about how the ”disable charging” function works? Does it use wall power directly? I didn’t think it would possible without it passing threw the battery...
Does it just keep the battery at whatever level it was when you enable the setting?

I understood that setting to mean "don't take power from the usb". For example if I want to use the M15 as a USB DAC for a laptop and I don't want the M15 to be taking power from my laptop. I want the M15 to run off its own battery so I disable charging.

Jan 26, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #652 of 4,083
Jan 26, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #653 of 4,083
He chats so much in his videos that I never have the patience to listen through it. :) I don't think I've ever finished one!

What were his impressions?

M11 pro has better SQ

Jan 26, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #655 of 4,083
Jan 26, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #656 of 4,083
Great comparison thank you , do you have to use an impedance adapter with your a12t on balance out ?

Does the M15 has Balanced line out to be paired with the WA11? I enjoy the sound of the WA11, but I want more details. If the M15 does not offer balanced line out, could you recommend a type of cable that I can use to deal with "ground" issue? Many thanks in advance

Jan 27, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #657 of 4,083
He chats so much in his videos that I never have the patience to listen through it. :) I don't think I've ever finished one!

What were his impressions?
Yeah, didn’t like his style, quite random and distracted sometimes! Really did not seem to be a fan, but it was not a review as he points out. Things may change! But been stuck on the M11 Pro or M15 for a bit, so not helpful!

Jan 27, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #658 of 4,083
Yeah, didn’t like his style, quite random and distracted sometimes! Really did not seem to be a fan, but it was not a review as he points out. Things may change! But been stuck on the M11 Pro or M15 for a bit, so not helpful!

He also seems to have quite a bit of negativity about the price and what that means for FiiO as a brand and their consumers, that seems to be colouring the timbre of his commentary quite a lot. I still have the impression he'll give it a fair go though, we'll see how the actual review goes I guess... He was very impressed with the YinLvMei M400 which also uses the TOTL AKM DAC, so the review proper will certainly be interesting.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #659 of 4,083
He never got around to try a Sony Zx507 android dap either.

And I hope he goes more in depth for the daps. The current android dap videos seem unhelpful. I only understand he likes the m11 pro. And he never gave the YinLvMei A2 a chance, I feel like he didn't hebeven listened to it in depth.

Jan 27, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #660 of 4,083
Honestly the DAC is important but the implementation is even more important.
And the amp section... I am pretty excited that FiiO chose to use thin film resistors and tantalum capacitors (like Sony does in its DAPs and some amp card from iBasso), more so than the AK4499 in fact :p
You're right but i think fiio biggest probelm is there tune up for there daps and app. Besides maybe the tune up and softwares etc the fiio M15 could sound almost or just as good as any TOTL including AK TOTL dap that cost twice as much, If anything it's Sony and AK tune up and softwares that makes it sound better to some etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back