FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Apr 9, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #1,936 of 4,083
I ordered a TPU case from eBay so hope that helps with the buttons. Unfortunately shipping will take several weeks.

Apr 9, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #1,938 of 4,083
Apr 9, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #1,939 of 4,083
Not in the mood of listening to music in the past 3 weeks...

No new toy :D

No depression too. lol. Just a phase.

My left ear is thanking me, because I got an issue with IEMs on the left timpan. After some time using them, 3-4 days, it start's releasing some sort of liquid and it clogs. After a certain time I'm hearing like 50% compared to the right ear. Stop using IEMs and I'm fine pretty quickly. The issue is: I JUST listen to music outdoors (in contact with nature and sun) and hate full size headphones. Should leave the hobby? Start liking those huge size headphones? Visit the doctor? Still don't know :)

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #1,940 of 4,083

My left ear is thanking me, because I got an issue with IEMs on the left timpan. After some time using them, 3-4 days, it start's releasing some sort of liquid and it clogs. After a certain time I'm hearing like 50% compared to the right ear. Stop using IEMs and I'm fine pretty quickly. The issue is: I JUST listen to music outdoors (in contact with nature and sun) and hate full size headphones. Should leave the hobby? Start liking those huge size headphones? Visit the doctor? Still don't know :)

Ooh that's a tricky dilemma, sounds like you might have some kind of ear infection going on, I'm assuming you've had it checked out?

I went through a phase where I couldn't use my right ear because of pain after an hour or so of iem use, seemed to pass after while but it meant I couldn't use etymotics anymore as they insert so deep although its fine with my customs.

Apr 9, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #1,941 of 4,083
My left ear is thanking me, because I got an issue with IEMs on the left timpan. After some time using them, 3-4 days, it start's releasing some sort of liquid and it clogs. :)

I went through a similar experience with both ears. Turns out it was a bacterial infection. Either get treatment or wait a couple weeks for your body to fight it off. You have to disinfect all the parts of your IEM and even cables just to be safe. The heat and moisture inside your ear canals makes for a bacterial breeding ground. Our ear canals were not meant to be sealed up for hours per day.

Apr 9, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #1,942 of 4,083

Stop iems

Apr 10, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #1,943 of 4,083
FiiO, please fix the playlist sorting issue. It’s must be simple, my X7 MK II did not have it. I have emailed you a while back. The issue is that when you sort the play list by file name or first letter, it then organises the tracks in the play list themselves alphabetically. So you lose the order of the playlist. Only way you can keep your playlists in the order you created them it list them as date added. Appreciate you cant fix everything straight away, but this one must be easy!

Apr 10, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #1,944 of 4,083
FiiO, please fix the playlist sorting issue. It’s must be simple, my X7 MK II did not have it. I have emailed you a while back. The issue is that when you sort the play list by file name or first letter, it then organises the tracks in the play list themselves alphabetically. So you lose the order of the playlist. Only way you can keep your playlists in the order you created them it list them as date added. Appreciate you cant fix everything straight away, but this one must be easy!
Did you have the M11 , M11 Pro with similar issues ?

Apr 10, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #1,946 of 4,083
Video Lip Sync Test

YouTube app on M15 - no go, way out of sync. Also realize that M15 does not have gyros inside so have to manually set to full screen.
USB DAC mode - no problem
BT receive mode - iPad Pro (AAC) no problem. MacBook Pro have no idea what codec it used but video was way out of sync

My intended use is with my iPad Pro once I start traveling again.

Now here is a really cool thing - I have an RHA Flight Adapter - Specs which is a portable A to D meant for wireless headphones and airplane audio systems. It support Aptx-LL for best quality with no sync delay. M15 also has Aptx-LL receive capability so I gave it a try. Although the display on the M15 says "Aptx" it's definitely LL since video is perfectly synced. Not 100% sure how or when I would use it, but it's pretty cool and quality is great for video.

Apr 10, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #1,947 of 4,083
Video Lip Sync Test

YouTube app on M15 - no go, way out of sync. Also realize that M15 does not have gyros inside so have to manually set to full screen.
USB DAC mode - no problem
BT receive mode - iPad Pro (AAC) no problem. MacBook Pro have no idea what codec it used but video was way out of sync

My intended use is with my iPad Pro once I start traveling again.

Now here is a really cool thing - I have an RHA Flight Adapter - Specs which is a portable A to D meant for wireless headphones and airplane audio systems. It support Aptx-LL for best quality with no sync delay. M15 also has Aptx-LL receive capability so I gave it a try. Although the display on the M15 says "Aptx" it's definitely LL since video is perfectly synced. Not 100% sure how or when I would use it, but it's pretty cool and quality is great for video.

No landscape issues here with YouTube...

15865579435136383559621846257202.jpg

Apr 10, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #1,948 of 4,083
No landscape issues here with YouTube...

15865579435136383559621846257202.jpg

Right, but I had to manually select full screen on the UI versus just tilting the M15 horizontally like it works on a smartphone. Not a big deal, but more of a realization there are no gyros inside the M15 to detect screen orientation.

Apr 10, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #1,949 of 4,083
Hi,

Sorry I confirmed again with the engineer that the sorting is designed to work like that. I have reported your feedback to them and we will assess whether changing this in later firmware update.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 11, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #1,950 of 4,083
Installed UAPP with PEQ plugin and prefer this over Fiio stock from a UI and feature perspective. No issues buying from Google Play and in-app purchase. Playlist import and sorting are much easier than Fiio app. I also got tired of seeing "SQ" next to every freakin track....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back