Fiio M11 Pro $600 is coming - Will you Purchase it ?
Nov 19, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #707 of 839
did you like the sound of the DX160? or is it a disappointment?
The sound is good and the price is reasonable in the current market, where DAP makers seem to be pushing prices higher and higher in an ever ending spiral of greed........

Nov 19, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #708 of 839
Nov 20, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #709 of 839
Here's a photo of my R6 Pro in Bluetooth receiver mode, with the codec and bitrate in full view, playing music from UAPP on my phone. It can also pair in LDAC.

I'd say the M11 is more neutral and slightly colder/thinner sounding than the R6 Pro, but it really depends on the headphone or IEM. If you use a warm IEM it's not going to suddenly go cold in the M11. Same for soundstage. All of these qualities are first and foremost determined by the headphone, the dap can at best enhance or reduce the effect ever so slightly.
Thanks for the info :wink:

Nov 20, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #711 of 839
Nov 21, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #713 of 839
I felt the treble performed a bit better (more even) with the treble filters, although the FH7 lose some of their warmth. It was easier to my treble-sensitive ears than the balanced or bass filters.

Also, just received the M11 Pro review unit. Still wrapped, but I will try to share some early impressions next week.
It is funny that I tried out the treble filters on the FH7s and is exactly like you are telling, it gets better and removes a tiny little of harshness, I mean, they sound smoothers (sorry not audiophile so don't know the expression) than without them...

Nov 21, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #714 of 839
It is funny that I tried out the treble filters on the FH7s and is exactly like you are telling, it gets better and removes a tiny little of harshness, I mean, they sound smoothers (sorry not audiophile so don't know the expression) than without them...
Good to hear! It is quite curious though, but I suspect that the rings inside the other filters might have an adverse effect on the treble. Because the treble filters are completely open, those seem to allow the FH7 to 'breath freely' as it were and it makes the treble a little smoother/more even.

Nov 21, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #716 of 839
No question in my mind that the treble filters are the way to go. I predominantly listen to acoustic jazz and love hearing these babies sing. The LC 4.4D is the icing on the cake
Does it really make a difference? I have the 4.4C cable, is essentially the same as stock but balanced... The other was more expensive and didn’t know if it would be worth the extra...

Nov 21, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #717 of 839
Does it really make a difference? I have the 4.4C cable, is essentially the same as stock but balanced... The other was more expensive and didn’t know if it would be worth the extra...

I can't tell you it's better, I think the one you got is a good high quality cable. For me and my musical preferences the highs are real important so that's why I went for the litz silver. I thought that the stock fiio cable was good so unless you have a need for a bit more highs I said no it doesn't make that big a difference. It should sound real good with balanced cable.

Nov 22, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #718 of 839
Nov 22, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #719 of 839
It's just a demo version,after an hour of listening it crashes.Tested with the Fiio and Neutron player,the latter is more musical,Fiio is more neutral.
P.S is a full Neutron version to download?
This is the full version from the official Neutron website. I also periodically flies regardless of the time of listening. Perhaps other versions will work stably. Perhaps Neutron crashes due to problems with the M11Pro firmware.
Since I don’t use Neutron, I’m not interested. Fiio Music by sound, by convenience I like more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back