Fiio M11 Pro $600 is coming - Will you Purchase it ?
Aug 5, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #47 of 839
Uuummmm wait what I am lost. I thought m 11 pro was the ToTL dap at fiio to compete with ibasso 220 pro.

Now there is talks about m15?
And a totl dap. What am I missing here?

Aug 5, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #48 of 839
So the M6/M7 is low/med-end. M9 mid-end. M11 mid/high-end. There's still a spot for high-end, maybe high/ultra high-end. Pretty sure Fiio even said themselves that the M11 wasn't meant to be their top-end.

They're milking it as of late :p

Personally, I enjoyed simpler times. It's getting overdone.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #49 of 839
So the M6/M7 is low/med-end. M9 mid-end. M11 mid/high-end. There's still a spot for high-end, maybe high/ultra high-end. Pretty sure Fiio even said themselves that the M11 wasn't meant to be their top-end.

They're milking it as of late :p

Personally, I enjoyed simpler times. It's getting overdone.

Myy goodness too many daps! I for an instance though that m11pro was the top dap sight (.

Means dx220 pro is higher grade and fiio has to yet announce a new dap soon.
Then lets wait!

Aug 5, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #53 of 839
Well... it seems pretty clear.

~~~~FIIO - M11 PRO DIGITAL AUDIO PLAYER (PRE-ORDER)
Regular price$699.00
AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER ~~~~~
Yeah I know, I just asked because the M11 Pro isn't on FiiO's site yet and they've never officially gave us a set price. $699 doesn't seem like a bad deal to me

Aug 5, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #55 of 839
Why no swappable modules? This makes it less useful.
My take on it (the Monoprice THX portable) it’s full bodied, open and realistic sounding. Seems to be no sense of “pushing” and clean from top to bottom.
I mean that Monoprice amp can drive my Dekoni Blue Planar with ease but more importantly with oomph. If that is how the new M11 handles the Thx side, that will change the game as far as what a Dap can offer at the price range. All with the caveat of needing LESS power to drive it.
I believe this...because alot of people were saying that the portable THX amp was underpowered. But I think this is the advantage of having THX on board, of being more efficient in achieving awesome sound.

Aug 5, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #56 of 839
Hard to say but having owned the M11 since May, I personally wouldn't wait around until November just to find out. There's always 'something next' just around the corner. Buy something good, use it, enjoy it, and when it comes time for a proper upgrade, consider your options then.
I like what you said here..because knowing that Fiio has another thing around the corner makes it hard to pull the trigger on a M11. Its like you know the M11 is better than alot of mid and upper tier DAPs...but to know that their TOTL M15 may be coming soon...which will prolly be AK level for less is sooooooooooooooo intriguing to wait for.

Aug 5, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #57 of 839
I like what you said here..because knowing that Fiio has another thing around the corner makes it hard to pull the trigger on a M11. Its like you know the M11 is better than alot of mid and upper tier DAPs...but to know that their TOTL M15 may be coming soon...which will prolly be AK level for less is sooooooooooooooo intriguing to wait for.

My ears are like my palate - I enjoy good things, but there is a limit to my perception. :)

Aug 6, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #59 of 839
Yes and you’ll also be paying significantly more. I can’t justify paying more than $500 for a DAP, but that’s just me. No doubt the M11 Pro and M15 will have their advantages over the M11 and other DAPs, but they’ll both be well above the budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back