Fiio M11 Pro $600 is coming - Will you Purchase it ?
Oct 14, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #481 of 839
I see, so I would be better getting a new midrange dap that are all almost identical and a 500~ iem, so the combo would be pretty good, no?

If I was on a 1K budget, I would buy the Fiio FH7 $449 and wait to see how the Ibasso DX160, M11, Hiby R5 and Shanling M6 pan out. What I mean by that is there will be a lot more info and reviews on all of these players so you can make a informed decision. They're all under $500 and it appears that they will all be quality DAPs. Just take your time,

Oct 14, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #482 of 839
That was also thinking, a decent DAP of 500 dollars? that would be the subject for a new thread ...
Yeah I know this is an expensive hobby :p but is all I can spend now, my wife is going to kill me if I go overboard, so a 500 dap would be better than my phone or my aging X1 that started to stutter for some reason...
If I was on a 1K budget, I would buy the Fiio FH7 $449 and wait to see how the Ibasso DX160, M11, Hiby R5 and Shanling M6 pan out. What I mean by that is there will be a lot more info and reviews on all of these players so you can make a informed decision. They're all under $500 and it appears that they will all be quality DAPs. Just take your time,
I was just seeing a review of the FH7 from @Currawong

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #484 of 839
Oct 15, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #485 of 839
I see, so I would be better getting a new midrange dap that are all almost identical and a 500~ iem, so the combo would be pretty good, no?
Hard to say, but if you only have $1000 to spend, for example, then definitely yes. A $500 IEM paired with a great dap (which you can get today for $500) will be better sounding (depending on synergy, the sound profile you like etc.) than a cheap IEM with a $700-$800 dap for sure.

Oct 15, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #486 of 839
Great example this. The FH7/M11 combo is the best I’ve tried to date for ~$1000, and any of those other DAPs can probably match the M11 nowadays. Wait, try, decide. Take your time, and you’ll make the right decision.

Oct 15, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #488 of 839
Great example this. The FH7/M11 combo is the best I’ve tried to date for ~$1000, and any of those other DAPs can probably match the M11 nowadays. Wait, try, decide. Take your time, and you’ll make the right decision.
Thanks @gLer, I'm going to be travelling to US in a couple of weeks so I have to make the decission in that time frame... But I think you guys are alright, I will go for M11+FH7 and stop there for a while!

Oct 15, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #492 of 839
Well I just got the fiio m11 pro and my main headphones is the westone w80 and I'm happy to report there is absolutely no hiss while using the player... Now I'm debating if its better then the cowon plenue 2

The eq on the cowon is obviously way better. I still don't know how to use the fiio :<

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #493 of 839
Well I just got the fiio m11 pro and my main headphones is the westone w80 and I'm happy to report there is absolutely no hiss while using the player... Now I'm debating if its better then the cowon plenue 2

The eq on the cowon is obviously way better. I still don't know how to use the fiio :<
If the M11 Pro is better than the P2 then it is a safe purchase!

Oct 15, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #494 of 839
Any one has problem with M11 Pro playback ?
Mine stop playing after a while. Sometimes 10 tracks, sometime just 2 tracks or sometimes 4 tracks. But every time it will stop after the end of the track.

Everything great except this hassle.

Edited
Try to reset database ... hope it will help.
I think the problem is this. There are some track that was add in the "now playing list" but the actual files are missing (because it was on the other memory card). Don't know why it always in those playlist. Try to add a new playlist but it still there. So, reset database and its gone. Still no problem after that.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #495 of 839
Any one has problem with M11 Pro playback ?
Mine stop playing after a while. Sometimes 10 tracks, sometime just 2 tracks or sometimes 4 tracks. But every time it will stop after the end of the track.

Everything great accept this hassle.

Edited
Try to reset database ... hope it will help.

You're the third person to mention this so I hope Fiio is listening.

ETA:If I have the same problem it's going right back. I'm not waiting around for the old "we'll address this with a firmware update". Been there done that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back