[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Oct 7, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #1,171 of 2,938
Does anyone know how to get the screen to allow video apps to rotate into landscape? YouTube has an onscreen button for it, but other apps like Pocket Casts that do not have an in app button for it depend on the OS’s rotation. The rotate screen shortcut in quick settings will do a 180 degree rotation, but I can seem to find a way to get it to do a 90 degree rotation.

Oct 8, 2021 at 1:43 AM Post #1,172 of 2,938
Thank you for answer. I do not mind carying another portable device around. Goal is as good sound as possible for reasonable price. I am not so happy with LG V60 as sound is not consistent in my experience. Probably due to Android. I did try all recomendef Anroid music player. I have NCM Bella V2 and Custom Art Ei.XX ciems.

I listen mainly to rock/metal and 80's
It's definitely an upgrade, but to get the most out of it, you will need balanced cables so consider the cost in addition to getting the M11+.

Oct 8, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #1,173 of 2,938
I wonder if they did some sort of bypass themselves like other brands do on older Android versions, or if they are just taking advantage of Android 10's support for higher sample rates.

https://source.android.com/devices/audio/highres-effects

Edit: They have also officially commented on SRC here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...d-is-officially-released.957867/post-16366794
Thanks for that!

Fiio also responded to an inquiry email I sent them, and confirmed that apps without their own decoding libraries are unaffected by SRC…

Unfortunately, when I sent them a second query about specific app compatibility, it was bad news for Amazon Music HD users (myself included)… from Fiio’s email:

According to the feedback from other user, the Amazon music app could only output the same sampling rate instead of following the sampling rate of the music files. As for the Apple music app, after updating the latest version app, the lossless output could work. As for the Qobuz app, we don't have an account to test. And we did not receive the feedback from other user about the output sampling rate problem.

With that in mind, I guess I will switch to my second-favorite streaming service, Qobuz, and see how that works. I actually slightly prefer Qobuz to Amazon in all ways except one major thing… volume normalization. Qobuz, insanely, does not have this feature.

Does anyone know if the M11 Plus LTD has a volume normalization feature that works across all apps?

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #1,174 of 2,938
I've been eyeing on M11 plus LTD but have few inquiries:

1. Anyone tried Sony IER M9 on this DAP? How was it?
2. Currently, I'm using Hiby R5 (original). Anyone compared R5 and M11 Plus? Would you think M11 plus LTD is a great "upgrade" in terms of pure SQ-wise only? (I'm using FLAC files so I won't bother with streaming)
Hiby r6 2020 is better than the m11+ in my opinion, I brought it for the thx 78 amps because it gives a different sound signature (clean), so if you want one buy one.

Oct 9, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #1,175 of 2,938
Guys, doing a deep dive on the M11 Plus LTD, and I have to say, I’m getting a bit suspicious.

I know that some here (in answer to my earlier question about this) have stated that the player is capable of rendering streaming tracks bit-perfectly, but how exactly is that known? I can’t find anything from Fiio confirming this. There is plenty of stuff regarding it’s modified Android OS being able to play Tidal MQA tracks bit-perfectly… but remember, Tidal themselves released an update that allowed their app to bypass Android’s restrictions and unpack MQA tracks. Amazon HD, Apple Lossless, Qobuz etc etc have released no such updates.

Additionally, many of these apps can trigger high resolution “false flags” with many DAPs and DACs when playing… I love Amazon HD, but it is particularly notorious with regards to this… triggering the high-rez 24/192 light on my Mojo and other DACs even when the track being played is 44.1/16 (with upscaling turned off). So an illuminated “high-rez” light or a specific high-rez value being displayed is not always an accurate representation of what is actually being played.

I have seen nothing from Fiio officially stating that the M11 Pro or Plus LTD employs DTA (Direct Transport Audio) architecture which will defeat the Android SRC (Sample Rate Conversion) which downgrades audio from apps that do not employ MQA such as the aforementioned Amazon Music HD, Apple Lossless, Qobuz, et al…

HyBy employs DTA on their R6 2020, and as would be expected, has much to say about this… They emphasize that the player is capable of streaming tracks from all apps bit-perfectly; it’s a major selling point of the player. It seems odd that Fiio would not aggresively market this selling point as well, if its player was in fact able to stream all apps bit-perfectly.

I’m not trying to troll or get flamed here, and believe me, I’d be really, really happy to be wrong about this. I’m hoping that my Google-fu just sucks and there is plenty about this out there that I just missed. As I said in the post before this, I just bought an M11 Plus LTD. So I have a vested interest in it having this feature and my being wrong.

But I need some sort of official statement from Fiio. And I think right now I need to cancel my order until I can get that kind of confirmation. If anyone can point me in the direction of a statement from Fiio confirming that the M11 Plus LTD can stream tracks from all apps bit-perfectly, I’d be very, very grateful. Thanks!
Not sure about other apps, but for me Apple Music and Deezer all display the settings perfectly. The M11 Plus says Deezer is 44.1, which is all Deezer can do. And with Apple Music, it's always indentical to what the Apple app says it is.

Oct 9, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #1,176 of 2,938
I contacted support earlier this week but I have not heard back. Is there anyone that can assist with these issues?

What I have:
M11 Plus LTD:
3.5mm mini-TOSLINK connected to the 24-bit digital optical (SPDIF) input of the Audioengine HD6 powered speakers.

3.5mm mini-TOSLINK not working, no output

What I've tried to do to solve the M11 3.5mm digital output issue:
-I've tried 3 different mini-TOSLINK cables, none of them output a red light.
-I tried playing various locally stored content through the FiiO music app from mp3s to hi res files. Still no output via the 3.5mm mini-TOSLINK.
-I checked the volume on the HD6. Still no output via the 3.5mm mini-TOSLINK.
-I checked the volume on the M11 Plust LTD. Still no output via the 3.5mm mini-TOSLINK.
-I checked the audio setting on the M11 Plus LTD and the 3.5 output is set to SPDIF. Still no output via the 3.5mm mini-TOSLINK.
-I tried updating to the latest M11 Plus LTD firmware 1.0.4. Still no output via the 3.5mm mini-TOSLINK.
-I tried resetting the M11 Plus LTD to the factory settings. Still no output via the 3.5mm mini-TOSLINK.
-I verified that the Audioengine HD6 is able to accept and play a different source through the SPDIF input on the Audioengine HD6. The Audioengine HD6 is working properly.

Other output options:
-The M11 Plus LTD will output music via the 3.5mm analog.
-I tried a usb-C cable from the M11 Plus LTD to a Topping D10S and the M11 Plus LTD would not output/power up the Topping D10S.

Applications Ap (Red circle with white "smile") is Empty

-I tried updating to the latest M11 Plus LTD firmware 1.0.4. Applications ap is empty.
-I tried resetting the M11 Plus LTD to the factory settings. Applications ap is empty.
-I verfied that my M11 Plus LTD is authentic through the FiiO website.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #1,177 of 2,938
I contacted support earlier this week but I have not heard back. Is there anyone that can assist with these issues?

What I have:
M11 Plus LTD:
3.5mm mini-TOSLINK connected to the 24-bit digital optical (SPDIF) input of the Audioengine HD6 powered speakers.

3.5mm mini-TOSLINK not working, no output

What I've tried to do to solve the M11 3.5mm digital output issue:
-I've tried 3 different mini-TOSLINK cables, none of them output a red light.
-I tried playing various locally stored content through the FiiO music app from mp3s to hi res files. Still no output via the 3.5mm mini-TOSLINK.
-I checked the volume on the HD6. Still no output via the 3.5mm mini-TOSLINK.
-I checked the volume on the M11 Plust LTD. Still no output via the 3.5mm mini-TOSLINK.
-I checked the audio setting on the M11 Plus LTD and the 3.5 output is set to SPDIF. Still no output via the 3.5mm mini-TOSLINK.
-I tried updating to the latest M11 Plus LTD firmware 1.0.4. Still no output via the 3.5mm mini-TOSLINK.
-I tried resetting the M11 Plus LTD to the factory settings. Still no output via the 3.5mm mini-TOSLINK.
-I verified that the Audioengine HD6 is able to accept and play a different source through the SPDIF input on the Audioengine HD6. The Audioengine HD6 is working properly.

Other output options:
-The M11 Plus LTD will output music via the 3.5mm analog.
-I tried a usb-C cable from the M11 Plus LTD to a Topping D10S and the M11 Plus LTD would not output/power up the Topping D10S.

Applications Ap (Red circle with white "smile") is Empty

-I tried updating to the latest M11 Plus LTD firmware 1.0.4. Applications ap is empty.
-I tried resetting the M11 Plus LTD to the factory settings. Applications ap is empty.
-I verfied that my M11 Plus LTD is authentic through the FiiO website.
Dear friend,

The M11 Plus LTD does not support optical output. It supports the coaxial output instead. If you don't mind, you could try to find a convertor for help instead.
We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 11, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #1,178 of 2,938
These are new questions, not replies. Not sure how otherwise to post a new question.

Please tell me about the use of the M 11+ LTD with my iPhone and it’s Apple music which is lossless and AAC.Oh what does AirPlay do in terms of the quality of playback? Tell me about the Apple app. What does also DSD do you for my Apple Music?

Oct 11, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #1,179 of 2,938
These are new questions, not replies. Not sure how otherwise to post a new question.

Please tell me about the use of the M 11+ LTD with my iPhone and it’s Apple music which is lossless and AAC.Oh what does AirPlay do in terms of the quality of playback? Tell me about the Apple app. What does also DSD do you for my Apple Music?
Just use the M11 Plus standalone for Apple Music. Why add an extra step? Apple Music doesn’t do DSD.

Oct 11, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #1,180 of 2,938
Dear friend,

The M11 Plus LTD does not support optical output. It supports the coaxial output instead. If you don't mind, you could try to find a convertor for help instead.
We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards
Can someone point me to the proper cable that I need to output a digital signal from the 3.5mm to coaxial?

Oct 11, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #1,181 of 2,938
Just use the M11 Plus standalone for Apple Music. Why add an extra step? Apple Music doesn’t do DSD
Thanks for your reply.

I meant to ask about the option for “all to DSD”. That option sounds like it converts the Apple lossless AAC format to DSD and then provides a better decoding for a better sound.

What does the Apple app for the M 11+ LTD do?And how do you get it?

Oct 11, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #1,182 of 2,938
Thanks for your reply.

I meant to ask about the option for “all to DSD”. That option sounds like it converts the Apple lossless AAC format to DSD and then provides a better decoding for a better sound.

What does the Apple app for the M 11+ LTD do?And how do you get it?

You can download it via the Google Play store (and I think the FiiO app has it). It's just Apple Music - yet another streaming service. I am primarily an iOS user, so this makes me happy.
Edit: Oh, DSD - I dont use it as ALAC and my IEMs and my damaged hearing from heavy metal concerts and gunfire don't justify full DSD. :D

Oct 12, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #1,183 of 2,938
Finaly got this fiio dap. A little bit late. Well..thanks for anyone that recomended it here, sooo big update from m11 that i had earlier and from dx160 that is still good sounding dap but in user experience m11+ destroys it (also 160 looks like a toy near it)an in sound also noticebly higher tier. At least at technical side of it and i will not discuss on tuning as it is preferences thing. Will share more as i am using it few days mostly with fd5. I am slowly becoming a fan of fiio. Latest years their products so good in pricing and qualities you get and it becomes really hard to compete to other brands with them. West based for sure..
Also wanted to ask more experienced with streaming services like tidal. Is m11+ at current state is showing correct output. As i get max 88,2k on it with tidal app. dx160 gets 192k. Usb player didnt show full also but this i remeber is player problem. So with tidal is this some unsolved thing or it was discussed somewhere on this forum already ? Or perhaps someone gets full correct output on tidal more than 88,2k. Thanks

Oct 12, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #1,184 of 2,938
I've been eyeing on M11 plus LTD but have few inquiries:

1. Anyone tried Sony IER M9 on this DAP? How was it?
2. Currently, I'm using Hiby R5 (original). Anyone compared R5 and M11 Plus? Would you think M11 plus LTD is a great "upgrade" in terms of pure SQ-wise only? (I'm using FLAC files so I won't bother with streaming)
I used the IER-M9 on that DAP and it was good. But if didn't change that much compared to other DAP, the distinctive sound if the M9 did not change.

I think the M11 Plus LTD is one of the best DAP that exist right now. So it's an update to pretty much every DAP is you want flat and neutral sound

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #1,185 of 2,938
Finaly got this fiio dap. A little bit late. Well..thanks for anyone that recomended it here, sooo big update from m11 that i had earlier and from dx160 that is still good sounding dap but in user experience m11+ destroys it (also 160 looks like a toy near it)an in sound also noticebly higher tier. At least at technical side of it and i will not discuss on tuning as it is preferences thing. Will share more as i am using it few days mostly with fd5. I am slowly becoming a fan of fiio. Latest years their products so good in pricing and qualities you get and it becomes really hard to compete to other brands with them. West based for sure..
Also wanted to ask more experienced with streaming services like tidal. Is m11+ at current state is showing correct output. As i get max 88,2k on it with tidal app. dx160 gets 192k. Usb player didnt show full also but this i remeber is player problem. So with tidal is this some unsolved thing or it was discussed somewhere on this forum already ? Or perhaps someone gets full correct output on tidal more than 88,2k. Thanks
Well I used Tidal HiFi Master subscription and output at 385. So maybe you don't have the Tidal HiFi subscription?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back