[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Jul 5, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #481 of 2,938
Well Bluetooth is trash. I actually CAN hear a difference between Bluetooth and wired. Which I think it's funny. LDAC 990 I have a harder time but sometimes I can hear artifacts still. Not to mention I'm against TW earbuds because they're just easy E-Waste and sound awful. Oh and I always get disconnect issues with Bluetooth.

I mostly agree bluetooth is trash were it not for some exceptions - one of which is the M11 Plus + Wf1000XM4 pairing using LDAC high bitrate. It's not just the LDAC but also the superior clocking/digital section of the Plus - the Sony TWs sound very pleasant, clean, wide and buttery smooth out of it. Play them out of something like an iPhone (AAC codec) and they stink; the treble becomes dirty, they sound confused and somewhat tiring to listen to.. the difference is absolutely massive. The M11 Plus is a serious LDAC platform - if you want to hear what is possible with bluetooth and have your mind blown this is the way.

Much to my dissatisfaction the Plus just sounds much better than even my ZX507 over bluetooth, and this is with Sony's own TW buds.

What's also interesting is that I can hear some of that m11 plus flavour through wireless; wide/clean, extended and tight bass with good sub bass, where the ZX507 has bit more mid bass and more aggressive mids - much like it is on wired headphones. The digital section plays a significant part in the sound shaping even before it hits the DAC ..

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #482 of 2,938
I mostly agree bluetooth is trash were it not for some exceptions - one of which is the M11 Plus + Wf1000XM4 pairing using LDAC high bitrate. It's not just the LDAC but also the superior clocking/digital section of the Plus - the Sony TWs sound very pleasant, clean, wide and buttery smooth out of it. Play them out of something like an iPhone (AAC codec) and they stink; the treble becomes dirty, they sound confused and somewhat tiring to listen to.. the difference is absolutely massive. The M11 Plus is a serious LDAC platform - if you want to hear what is possible with bluetooth and have your mind blown this is the way.

Much to my dissatisfaction the Plus just sounds much better than even my ZX507 over bluetooth, and this is with Sony's own TW buds
How do you select 990kbps for LDAC? Is it just the "optimize for sound quality setting" I assume it is.

I think it's where I live. I SWEAR there's a ton of interference for Bluetooth. Anytime I use Bluetooth I have connection issues. And it's not my gear. Happens on my BTR3K, BTR5, and Qudelix-5K, iPhone, Pixel 5, and even my M11 Plus.

There's no way ALL that gear has issues so I'm assuming my area just sucks for whatever reason. Wi-Fi has similar issues to the point I use ethernet for absolutely everything that can.

But you're right LDAC does sound pretty good. I just can't use it because it disconnects every few mins.

Jul 5, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #483 of 2,938
How do you select 990kbps for LDAC? Is it just the "optimize for sound quality setting" I assume it is.

I think it's where I live. I SWEAR there's a ton of interference for Bluetooth. Anytime I use Bluetooth I have connection issues. And it's not my gear. Happens on my BTR3K, BTR5, and Qudelix-5K, iPhone, Pixel 5, and even my M11 Plus.

There's no way ALL that gear has issues so I'm assuming my area just sucks for whatever reason. Wi-Fi has similar issues to the point I use ethernet for absolutely everything that can.

But you're right LDAC does sound pretty good. I just can't use it because it disconnects every few mins.

Yes that's right - optimize for sound quality setting. Oh no that sucks that you get so many disconnects, you must be in a busy area.. not sure what I can recommend... I never had any problems with the Plus LDAC and wf1000xm4.. have you tried in a different area, less busy one perhaps, so you can eliminate hardware issue at least?

Jul 5, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #484 of 2,938
Yes that's right - optimize for sound quality setting. Oh no that sucks that you get so many disconnects, you must be in a busy area.. not sure what I can recommend... I never had any problems with the Plus LDAC and wf1000xm4.. have you tried in a different area, less busy one perhaps, so you can eliminate hardware issue at least?
Sadly I can't drive so I'm basically stuck in my city. But yeah all the places I've tried it's the same issue. I do plan on having my mom come pick my partner and I up to go visit her in her city like 11 hours away. So I'll test all my stuff when I'm there. I'm like 99.9% sure it's gotta be my area. There's just no statistical way it's all the hardware at once haha.

Jul 6, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #485 of 2,938
I just preorder the black from Treoo in Singapore. I was told they are waiting for shipment maybe end of July or so. Looking forward soon 😎

Jul 6, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #487 of 2,938
Anyone uses Neutron player with M11 Plus?

First day when I unboxed it I installed Neutron player and it worked 1-2 days after which once I connected my Koss I heard loud hissing noise and Neutron just started to crash every time after starting. Re-install doesn't help.

Can anyone help?

Jul 6, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #488 of 2,938

First day when I unboxed it I installed Neutron player and it worked 1-2 days after which once I connected my Koss I heard loud hissing noise and Neutron just started to crash every time after starting. Re-install doesn't help.

Can anyone help?
Maybe on android 10 not stable yet. Since most of the dap is on android 9 and below.

Jul 6, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #489 of 2,938

Can anyone help?
Hello,

Yes, begin to happens in the new Neutron update version .

Jul 6, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #490 of 2,938

Can anyone help?

Good day. I propose you ask the Neutron's support: neutronmp@gmail.com

Explain what happends in e-mail, what the device is and so on, generic info will help.

There is Neutron's forum as well, could make topic and ask there: https://neutroncode.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=903e3dcf3d94fcf10018d19956527bab

Though, since it is crashing, i think it is straight up for the support.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #491 of 2,938
Oh I have a quick question about the Wf-1000xm4 with the DAP. Do you use the Sony App? If so, how does the LDAC setting work? As far as I know when you select the higher setting in the Sony App, it's still going to be variable based on connection.

So if you have 990 forced through the DAP, but have the app for the features of the earbuds, which setting does it prioritize? The app or the DAP? That's something that was confusing me.

Jul 6, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #492 of 2,938
Oh I have a quick question about the Wf-1000xm4 with the DAP. Do you use the Sony App? If so, how does the LDAC setting work? As far as I know when you select the higher setting in the Sony App, it's still going to be variable based on connection.

So if you have 990 forced through the DAP, but have the app for the features of the earbuds, which setting does it prioritize? The app or the DAP? That's something that was confusing me.

It uses 990 and sounds bloomin fantastic, in fact I prefer Bluetooth on wf1000xm4 vs most of my wired iems

Jul 6, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #494 of 2,938
Alrighty cool. I'll wait for them to go on sale. 400 CAD is not worth it imo. Especially with my area being so bad. I'm tempted to just move to my moms city lol. Thanks for the clarification!!

I think 400 cad is worth it imo - if you going to use them with m11 plus - it’s first time I’ve heard Bluetooth hps rise up to being a proper audiophile listening experience and I’ve gone through many, like wf1000xm3 and AirPods Pro, both of which just leave me kind of numb to the music

Jul 6, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #495 of 2,938
I think 400 cad is worth it imo - if you going to use them with m11 plus - it’s first time I’ve heard Bluetooth hps rise up to being a proper audiophile listening experience and I’ve gone through many, like wf1000xm3 and AirPods Pro, both of which just leave me kind of numb to the music
Yeah I'll think about it. I'm in no rush. Do you know where to get replacement foam tips? I assume just comply? Can't find any others and silicone is a no go for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back