[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Jul 3, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #436 of 2,974
So I just got my M11 Plus and I have a few questions.

Should I have the 3.5 set to PO or LO?

Also for the lowpass filter mode, which is usually best? I noticed you can't turn it off? Which is kinda dumb imo.

Basically what are the most optimized settings for this device? I'm totally new to DAPs.

Feel kinda underwhelmed coming from my iPhone to be honest.

Jul 3, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #437 of 2,974
It's the issue of the cpu.
M15 uses Exoynos chips - common unsolved issue of failed Apple Music login. That's why on Fiio website they clearly stated that M11 pro/M15 does not support Apple Music.
However M11 Plus uses Snapdragon 660 - works well with Apple Music.
Yup. Been working my way with the beta releases

Jul 3, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #438 of 2,974

Also for the lowpass filter mode, which is usually best? I noticed you can't turn it off? Which is kinda dumb imo.

Basically what are the most optimized settings for this device? I'm totally new to DAPs.

Listen carefully. It’s sound quality is far beyond the iPhone. It does take some getting used to. Personally I use the super slow roll of. It takes out some of the treble, I like that.

also play with the gain settings. For iem low or medium should work. A little extra gain I feel adds some beefiness to the sound of low impedance iems at the expense of slightly more grain/distortion. (Am I right? That’s how it sounds to me).

also uapp player sounds different from the stock player. It sounds fatter to my ear.

Jul 3, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #439 of 2,974

Set to PO (Phones out) not to Line Out. Line out is for connecting to an external amp.

Jul 3, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #440 of 2,974
Listen carefully. It’s sound quality is far beyond the iPhone. It does take some getting used to. Personally I use the super slow roll of. It takes out some of the treble, I like that.

also play with the gain settings. For iem low or medium should work. A little extra gain I feel adds some beefiness to the sound of low impedance iems at the expense of slightly more grain/distortion. (Am I right? That’s how it sounds to me).

also uapp player sounds different from the stock player. It sounds fatter to my ear.
I use Deezer so UAPP isn't helpful haha. Yeah I'll mess around with it. Wish you could turn off the filters though. Definitely not a fan of those. I only use IEMs with it and low gain seems best to me.

Jul 3, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #441 of 2,974
I use Deezer so UAPP isn't helpful haha. Yeah I'll mess around with it. Wish you could turn off the filters though. Definitely not a fan of those. I only use IEMs with it and low gain seems best to me.
Here’s AKM’s description of their filters, every dac chip does something similar, you can’t create the analog signal without them afaik
402621C8-2D8B-4A01-BA17-D7D9FBFB68B4.png

Jul 3, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #442 of 2,974
Received mine on yesterday. First there are two little flaws on it. Little dust under the glass (hopefully only under the screen protector und not under the display), and a little scratch in the aluminum frame. Not good for such a expensive player, let me a little disappointed. My M11 came absolutely flawless out of the box.
Coming from the normal M11 the plus model is much much faster. It almost feels like an highend smartphone, except the low resolution of the display.
I switched to the common three buttons old school android navigation. It is impossible for me to tap correctly on buttons near the frames without automatically going back for example, when on gestures control. This is because the leather case is a bit thicker than the one from further M11 generations.
For now I’m not sure which player sounds better for me. The plus sounds a little too warm for me and produces sometimes lesser hisses in the highs, that’s all. Can’t hear any other differences between the two devices and must say for me the M11 sounds better.
Compared to the “little” M11 it is really big and heavy.
But the big problem i have with it too, is the heat dissipation. Even with the FH7 on low gain.
My normal M11 even don’t get so “hot” when i am hearing with my 600ohm Beyerdynamic T1 2nd generation.
What is getting the player sooo warm? The Snapdragon or the audio parts in it? Aren’t they nearly identical to the M11 Pro? Does the M11 Pro also get so hot?
Tested with Fiio FH7, Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd & T1 2nd.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #444 of 2,974
Hello,

Sometimes the touch volume control go crazy. When i touch the volume pad, graphic animations flashs erratic (up and down) but stay in same place.
The volume buttons work fine in this cases.
When it happens i have to reboot to restore the right function of the touch volume.

Someone has experience the same?

Jul 3, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #445 of 2,974
Received mine on yesterday. First there are two little flaws on it. Little dust under the glass (hopefully only under the screen protector und not under the display), and a little scratch in the aluminum frame. Not good for such a expensive player, let me a little disappointed. My M11 came absolutely flawless out of the box.
Coming from the normal M11 the plus model is much much faster. It almost feels like an highend smartphone, except the low resolution of the display.
I switched to the common three buttons old school android navigation. It is impossible for me to tap correctly on buttons near the frames without automatically going back for example, when on gestures control. This is because the leather case is a bit thicker than the one from further M11 generations.
For now I’m not sure which player sounds better for me. The plus sounds a little too warm for me and produces sometimes lesser hisses in the highs, that’s all. Can’t hear any other differences between the two devices and must say for me the M11 sounds better.
Compared to the “little” M11 it is really big and heavy.
But the big problem i have with it too, is the heat dissipation. Even with the FH7 on low gain.
My normal M11 even don’t get so “hot” when i am hearing with my 600ohm Beyerdynamic T1 2nd generation.
What is getting the player sooo warm? The Snapdragon or the audio parts in it? Aren’t they nearly identical to the M11 Pro? Does the M11 Pro also get so hot?
Tested with Fiio FH7, Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd & T1

Jul 3, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #446 of 2,974
Ignore last please. I plan to purchase HD600 and Topping D90/A90 in 3 months. Q: If I go now on the HD600 w/o the amp, will I have a rewarding or disappointing experience with 300ohm HD’s driven by the M11 Plus? Thanks.

Jul 3, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #447 of 2,974
Rewarding for sure.
I am using it with HD 650 and the experience is very good.
Not full potential but still great.

Ignore last please. I plan to purchase HD600 and Topping D90/A90 in 3 months. Q: If I go now on the HD600 w/o the amp, will I have a rewarding or disappointing experience with 300ohm HD’s driven by the M11 Plus? Thanks.

Jul 3, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #449 of 2,974
Does the M11 Plus have some sort of deep sleep mode for when you aren't using it? I see Sleep, and Idle Standby. Is it one of those? I don't see anything else
It feels like it is deep sleep when you do 'Enter Sleep' button. The battery barely moves, perhaps low single digit percentage from a full day of non use.

Jul 4, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #450 of 2,974
Got it yesterday, I had 1-2 hours with it and already volume buttons annoys me. I accidentally pressed them X times... Why did they had to change something that works, i mean the volume wheel? Everything else seems top notch build wise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back