[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Jun 23, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #317 of 2,978
My Stainless Steel version is arriving in about 10 days at the retailer here in the UK. I managed to 'bag' one as I ordered immediately once they were announced. Can't wait... my N6ii/C9 combo is serving me very well but I'm looking forward to a sound signature change with different facilities and displays. Looking forward to reading your views on your new arrival XeNoNF50.

Jun 23, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #318 of 2,978
Thanks, looking forward to it even it's just some random musings on a quick adhoc comparison
Just a quick comparison A/Bing a few segments of a few songs with my Focal Utopia they sound very similar. The M11 Plus is noticeably just slightly more refined.

The medium gain is default out of the box. On the Plus the medium gain is about the same volume as low gain on the Pro. Not tried high gain yet, my Utopia nor IEM need it.

Low gain on the Plus is very dark (tested with my IEMs quickly). Absolutely no hint of a hiss whereas there were times my IEMs had a tiny hint of it with the Pro. I reckon IEM guys will love this device.

Android 10 dark mode is a lovely quality of life improvement as well. Also using the device it is somewhat faster and snappier. That itself makes this worth it for me.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #319 of 2,978
Just a quick comparison A/Bing a few segments of a few songs with my Focal Utopia they sound very similar. The M11 Plus is noticeably just slightly more refined.

The medium gain is default out of the box. On the Plus the medium gain is about the same volume as low gain on the Pro. Not tried high gain yet, my Utopia nor IEM need it.

Low gain on the Plus is very dark (tested with my IEMs quickly). Absolutely no hint of a hiss whereas there were times my IEMs had a tiny hint of it with the Pro. I reckon IEM guys will love this device.

Android 10 dark mode is a lovely quality of life improvement as well. Also using the device it is somewhat faster and snappier. That itself makes this worth it for me.
Thanks for the feedback. If anybody could compare it to the M15 as well, I’d really like to hear it.

Jun 23, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #320 of 2,978

Nice. When you say low gain is darker do you mean like darker tonality - less treble/high frequencies compared to the Pro? I do find the Pro a little too excitable in the treble so a little more calmness up top would be good

Jun 23, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #321 of 2,978
Nice. When you say low gain is darker do you mean like darker tonality - less treble/high frequencies compared to the Pro? I do find the Pro a little too excitable in the treble so a little more calmness up top would be good
Ah no I meant it as in no hiss whatsoever, extremely low noise floor. The darkest of backgrounds.

Not in any way to describe the tonality. The sound is exactly what you would expect from a THX amplifier and this has been extensively covered elsewhere :).

Jun 23, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #322 of 2,978
Ah no I meant it as in no hiss whatsoever, extremely low noise floor. The darkest of backgrounds.

Not in any way to describe the tonality. The sound is exactly what you would expect from a THX amplifier and this has been extensively covered elsewhere :).

Yeah that makes sense - thx is neutral. I just read a review online saying the highs are a little more refined and with a bit less ringing vs the pro, resulting in less listening fatigue - if this is the case it’ll be right up my street

Jun 23, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #323 of 2,978
Yeah that makes sense - thx is neutral. I just read a review online saying the highs are a little more refined and with a bit less ringing vs the pro, resulting in less listening fatigue - if this is the case it’ll be right up my street
I would agree with this yes. It's one of the more obvious differences between the two. Things seem less in your face on the Plus Vs the Pro.

Jun 25, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #327 of 2,978
Does M11 plus comes with screen protector, is it factory applied?

Jun 25, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #328 of 2,978
Does M11 plus comes with screen protector, is it factory applied?
Yes, glass screen protector factory (perfectly) applied.

Jun 25, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #329 of 2,978
Jun 25, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #330 of 2,978
I find the Plus a touch more refined and natural - effortless but it may be placebo , I don't know.
The thing is that this is a very enjoyable player , can't stop listening to it.
IMG_20210618_181739.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back