[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Jun 27, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #346 of 2,975
M15 Never worked with my iPhone either, it requires too much power from the iPhone so it prevents from being a usb Dac. I don’t think this is a problem with the m11, more so a limitation of iPhones Lighting port.
Indeed. With the M15, my iPhone will tell me that the accessory requires too much power. iPad Pro provides enough power. With the M11Plus, iPhone doesn't even know it's there. And iPad Pro is not recognised either. :frowning2: Not that it's a biggie but strange...

Jun 27, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #347 of 2,975
2B0C934D-FF2A-427A-9F97-21DC97DA1F8E.jpeg
@FiiO need some help. Do I need to do anything to enable the USB DAC connection other than invoking the USB DAC mode? Note that I am using a DDHifi OTG cable. I also tried it with the M15, which works with no issues at all. Much appreciated. :)
Dear friend,

Since the iPhone will charge the player while connecting via USB, you may need the Apple CCK adapter with charging port which could charge the iPhone at the same time when connecting to the player via USB for help. And if you would like to find a DAC for the iPhone, our DAC like Q3 is better choice.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 28, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #348 of 2,975
Dear friend,

Since the iPhone will charge the player while connecting via USB, you may need the Apple CCK adapter with charging port which could charge the iPhone at the same time when connecting to the player via USB for help. And if you would like to find a DAC for the iPhone, our DAC like Q3 is better choice.

Best regards
No issues. just trying it out. it's not so much there is not enough power (because that shows up when I use M15) but it doesn't work at all. I tried it with the iPad Pro which works with M15, but still with the M11plus it doesn't recognise that a source has been connected... :frowning2:

Jun 28, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #349 of 2,975
FiiO M11 Plus LTD is on the way to our worldwide sales agents!

4479394.png

Dear respected customers,

Thank you for your kind patience and constant attention for our M11plus. Delivery of the M11plus has started from 18th, June. Please kindly check this post for a daily updated list of countries / regions and agents we have sent goods to.

Germany: NT Global Distribution GmbH

Thailand: Holysai

HongKong: Carve Link Company

Vietnam:Audio Choice

TaiWan: Taiwan distributor

Bengal: GFE

Canada: Canadian distributor

Spain: Zococity

France: Son Video

Bulgaria: Bestline l.t.d

South Korea: Headphone world

Turkey distributor: Hes Audio

Romanian distributor: AVstore

US Distributor: Apos Audio

USA: Office direct

New Zealand: Sound Essentials

Ukraine: Avero and TOV “ELTO

Uzbekistan distributor:CreativeToys

Portugal: Topaudio Lda.

India: Origin Marketing Pvt. Ltd and Headphone Zone

Singapore: Eng Siang International Pte Ltd

Australia: Addicted To Audio

(* The shipping to other regions will also follow soon, and we will keep updating this post)

In order to get prompt pre-sales and after-sales service, we strongly suggest you to buy FiiO products from our authorized sales agents (Where to buy).

By our estimate, it would take 5 to 7 working days for the parcels to reach our agents abroad, which means all of you can try contacting the local sales agents on about 25th June.

If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us or directly contact our local agents.

Happy listening!

Best regards,
FiiO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.
Hi,

any updates about shipping the next batch to stores in europe ?

Jun 28, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #350 of 2,975
@FiiO . When will you ship to authorized retailers @ India? I pre-ordered M11 Plus almost month ago and was told that I could expect delivery around first week of July. Now dealer seem kinda clueless because FiiO has not apparently shipped to India authorized retailer. When is your next shipment due to arrive @ India authorized dealers?
1 month+ seems a long time to wait.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #351 of 2,975
I love @FiiO hardware, but it looks like the'yre only honest and transparent when everything goes right, or they want people's opinion about new DAP boxes. Me and few people asked them to tell more about shipment, because it's now more than month from the release, and still a lot of people and sellers have no idea what is going on with M11+ delivery, and what is doing FiiO? responding about general or technical questions. Polish distributor told that the delay is caused by the QA issues during production, but I didn't see anywhere FiiO to admit it and tell more about the delays. I really can wait, but when a lot of money is frozen for more than a month, without any knowledge when or if I ever get the hardware (other news from distributor was that they will receive only 10% ordered DAPs, so it is possible I will never get it and already lost a chance to buy it directly from FiiO month ago - just because FiiO asked to order DAP from local sellers) it's just bad.

Jun 28, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #352 of 2,975
Mine is also delayed by couple of weeks but it's looking because worldwide shipping in general is quite bad especially now (there is lack of cargo space etc) - I noticed this with Amazon as well, massive delays more so than usual for international shipments.

Jun 28, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #353 of 2,975
FYI, I was just able to order mine from an eBay seller who has the M11 Plus Ltd. in stock. I had to give up on stainless steel (they have black only), but at this point I’ll take what I can get.

If anyone in the U.S. is interested, search up listing #284349729583.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #354 of 2,975
First off, I will admit that I am impressed with how precise and impactful the bass is rendered in the M11Plus. there is also great timbre in the mids and it is lovely in its portrayal of vocals. The other thing which I do like about the M11Plus is the soundstage - width and depth. It is surprisingly transparent. Coming from the M15, I am surprised that a bit of the density of sonics that I have always found in the M15 has now given way to a bit more transparency. Do I like it? Well, it is not as thin and wide as the AK2000/AK1000 tends to be. It maintains texture, separation and layering. I do like it for the fact that it is a more balanced.

Granted that it is not as emotive or organic as the Shanling M8, it balances it off with dynamism and transparency. In terms of raw power and impact, I think the DX300 (amp 12) still takes it. What it does mean for me is that the M11Plus will be jockeying for position to be my travel companion when I once again am able to travel for work.

You have a fine collection of gear, I can see the GAS is strong within you. If you have some time to give us some more M11 Plus sound quality comparisons it'll be much appreciated! Especially vs the iBasso DX300, Sony DAPs (ZX507 etc) - tonality, dynamics etc.. I've been eyeing the 300 to be my only and TOTL DAP but not sure if the jump in quality is obvious from m11 Plus. I also have the ZX507 - it's quite nice, but not mind blowing SQ - I have no doubt the 11 Plus will easily come out on top of the Sony.

and on another note how are you finding the Cayin C9 (+ m11 Plus) + HD800 combination? Does it have enough oomph to excite their bass and add some warmth in class A+tubes?

Sorry I'm asking a lot here

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #355 of 2,975
@FiiO

I'd like to put in another ask for a global systemwide custom parametric EQ. I can't stress how beneficial this would be if you can pull it off - maybe via the FPGA through the Android API? I'm still shocked this is such a rare feature found in DAPs (only Sony's Android devices give some systemwide eq control to the users) - devices focused on high performance headphone listening really should give this (not just within one app).. if you can pull it off you'll crush the competition, your devices will fly like hotcakes off the shelves and you'll have me as a loyal permanent customer... as it stands I'm always considering Sony's DAPs first because of their EQ

@FiiO I'm an Android software developer - i'd be happy to do the UI and app for the global EQ for free for you (but wouldn't say no if you throw in one of your future DAPs for testing purposes): if you just provide me with an API where to send the PEQ settings I will do everything else - I can do something along the lines of UAPP Toneboosters eq inline with your UX requirements, production ready... you just need to do the low level FPGA eq code

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #356 of 2,975
You have a fine collection of gear, I can see the GAS is strong within you. If you have some time to give us some more M11 Plus sound quality comparisons it'll be much appreciated! Especially vs the iBasso DX300, Sony DAPs (ZX507 etc) - tonality, dynamics etc.. I've been eyeing the 300 to be my only and TOTL DAP but not sure if the jump in quality is obvious from m11 Plus. I also have the ZX507 - it's quite nice, but not mind blowing SQ - I have no doubt the 11 Plus will easily come out on top of the Sony.

and on another note how are you finding the Cayin C9 (+ m11 Plus) + HD800 combination? Does it have enough oomph to excite their bass and add some warmth in class A+tubes?

Sorry I'm asking a lot here
No worries. As long as you understand that I won’t be able to immediately answer all of your questions. The one that i can answer immediately is the Sony 507 is far outstripped by the M11 Plus. Which is surprising considering that the M11Plus LTD is only marginally more expensive. But then again, the 507 came out over a year back and that is an eternity in the portable audpo space. The M11Plus is much more nimble in terms of dynamics and because it has more power in reserve, I find that it is more nuanced tonally.

Hmm… the DX300 and the M11Plus are that far apart in terms of pricing. It’s still early days. But right off the bat, i can tell you that the DX300 is more powerful than the M11Plus. I listen to streaming music at 55 for the Fitear DC (DD and EST drivers). For the DX300, it’s around 35 on high gain. For the M11Plus LTD, it’s at 55. For me, the DX300 is more organic and natural (even with the Amp12). The reverb and timbre is excellent, as is the note decay. For the M11Plus LTD, the bass etc is perhaps tighter. And it is perhaps ever slightly more dynamic. Great details and all that. Good soundstage: deep and wide. To my ears on the FitEar DC, the M11Plus LTD seems to be more neutral. Whereas I love the balance in the DX300.

As for the Cayin C9, I fear that it has been neglected somewhat recently. Because the DX300 is so powerful with the Amp12 module. And I do not usually listen to headphones off my DAPs. I have a desktop rig for my full sized cans. But my use case for the C9 has always been more for my IEMS.

Jun 28, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #357 of 2,975
No worries. As long as you understand that I won’t be able to immediately answer all of your questions. The one that i can answer immediately is the Sony 507 is far outstripped by the M11 Plus. Which is surprising considering that the M11Plus LTD is only marginally more expensive. But then again, the 507 came out over a year back and that is an eternity in the portable audpo space. The M11Plus is much more nimble in terms of dynamics and because it has more power in reserve, I find that it is more nuanced tonally.

Hmm… the DX300 and the M11Plus are that far apart in terms of pricing. It’s still early days. But right off the bat, i can tell you that the DX300 is more powerful than the M11Plus. I listen to streaming music at 55 for the Fitear DC (DD and EST drivers). For the DX300, it’s around 35 on high gain. For the M11Plus LTD, it’s at 55. For me, the DX300 is more organic and natural (even with the Amp12). The reverb and timbre is excellent, as is the note decay. For the M11Plus LTD, the bass etc is perhaps tighter. And it is perhaps ever slightly more dynamic. Great details and all that. Good soundstage: deep and wide. To my ears on the FitEar DC, the M11Plus LTD seems to be more neutral. Whereas I love the balance in the DX300.

Thanks - it's good to understand some key points you highlighted there. The fact that you say DX300 is more organic and natural is a big plus in my book, one of the reasons why I've usually gravitated towards Sony DAPs (even though they have other more significant shortcomings). I guess that makes things a little tougher for me now...

As for power, more doesn't always mean good - for example my relatively low powered Woo WA8 amp absolutely kills most other higher powered amps I've heard when driving the HD800s - they just sound huge and controlled with good bass, it's not just the tube bloom but a complete grip and control over the drivers... yet it has much less power than my ifi iCan SE, which in turns sounds a bit mushy and and with glare when pushing the Senns. The Fiio's THX amps seem to have OK control over the HD800s (m11 Pro) and don't typically get shouty when pushed a little (but remain a little sterile unfortunately), unlike the ZX507/others which just starts being painful.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #358 of 2,975
Jun 28, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #359 of 2,975
Thanks - it's good to understand some key points you highlighted there. The fact that you say DX300 is more organic and natural is a big plus in my book, one of the reasons why I've usually gravitated towards Sony DAPs (even though they have other more significant shortcomings). I guess that makes things a little tougher for me now...

As for power, more doesn't always mean good - for example my relatively low powered Woo WA8 amp absolutely kills most other higher powered amps I've heard when driving the HD800s - they just sound huge and controlled with good bass, it's not just the tube bloom but a complete grip and control over the drivers... yet it has much less power than my ifi iCan SE, which in turns sounds a bit mushy and and with glare when pushing the Senns. The Fiio's THX amps seem to have OK control over the HD800s (m11 Pro) and don't typically get shouty when pushed a little (but remain a little sterile unfortunately), unlike the ZX507/others which just starts being painful.
Absolutely agree. I think its about synergy and voltage swing as well. I do enjoy my Senn HD800 with my Phatlab RASA (SS which is tuned like a tube amp), Shanling M30 and Cavalli Liquid Gold. Good synergy. I have a Woo Audio WA2 lying around the house which was great with the HD800 as well.

Jun 28, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #360 of 2,975
@FiiO need some help. Do I need to do anything to enable the USB DAC connection other than invoking the USB DAC mode? Note that I am using a DDHifi OTG cable. I also tried it with the M15, which works with no issues at all. Much appreciated. :)

It has to be connected to your PC properly. Your USB port has to be good. The screen on your Fiio should say "connected". Then you should be able to install the driver in your PC and everything should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back