[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Aug 10, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #2,206 of 2,974
Hello guys, is there any way to silent all the notifications while listening to music? On my android phone, there is a toggle to silent all the notifications, but i cant find them in M11 plus.

If there is a notification from other app while listening to music, the sounds become weird and I need to restart the song. Its been bugging me lately.
Dear friend,

Which apps are you using? We will try to test first. Thanks in advanced!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 11, 2022 at 12:01 AM Post #2,207 of 2,974
Aug 11, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #2,208 of 2,974
Dear friend,

Which apps are you using? We will try to test first. Thanks in advanced!

Best regards
I use Tidal and Fiio apps to listen the music. The notification comes from all of the 3rd party apps, they sounds distorted and automatically the song stopped and I need to replay the song. Listening to youtube videos and other videos are fine. Just the notification that are weird.

Aug 14, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #2,209 of 2,974
Could I please ask you guys who own the M11 Plus Ltd what you really think of the sound quality please? I am coming from the iBasso Dx200 which is still a good player but I have grown tired of the UI and would like a change.
I've had the M11 Plus LTD for a while and quite enjoy it. The sound quality is superb and I use a variety of IEMs from Empire Ears and JH Audio, listening to a variety of music genres (rock, classical, soundtracks) and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Additionally, I stream from Tidal, Qobuz and listen to local files on the DAP, as well as using Roon.

Aug 14, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #2,210 of 2,974
I've had the M11 Plus LTD for a while and quite enjoy it. The sound quality is superb and I use a variety of IEMs from Empire Ears and JH Audio, listening to a variety of music genres (rock, classical, soundtracks) and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Additionally, I stream from Tidal, Qobuz and listen to local files on the DAP, as well as using Roon.
Is it able to play downloaded music offline from services like Tidal or does it only stream them?

Aug 15, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #2,212 of 2,974
I have no complaints with the M11 Plus as an audio player since it drives my main IEMs fine. The FiiO music app plays my FLAC collection well and the Bluetooth and USB DAC functionality are quite useful.

However I was also interested in having this as an android device to mess around with some games on and I’m having severe issues with audio playback in those games:

Aug 15, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #2,213 of 2,974
Is it able to play downloaded music offline from services like Tidal or does it only stream them?
It can download from both Tidal and Qobuz for offline play. I know with Qobuz the files can be saved to either the internal memory or to the micro-SD memory card. I can't remember about Tidal - most of my streaming has been with Qobuz the last few months, or using Roon.

Aug 19, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #2,214 of 2,974
Let say if someday i want to upgrade DAP from my M11 plus ESS, where do i go?
Ideally i want to get WM1Am2 since I will be pair it with Z1R but price is twice of the m11 plus ESS.
I have great experience and satisfied with M11 plus ESS quality, no major complaints or rants. Impressed with trebles details, extension, soundstage and imaging so far. Any chance to have better sound quality from here or this is like the sweet spot? M15 seems like more or less similar performance?

Aug 19, 2022 at 2:24 AM Post #2,216 of 2,974
If you like the sound signature of the M11 Plus ESS then the upgrade path naturally leads to the M17.
That is quite a huge jump for the price. How is the sound quality wise?

Aug 19, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #2,217 of 2,974
That is quite a huge jump for the price. How is the sound quality wise?
Everything you like in the M11 Plus ESS in steroids.
Some kind of musicality and engagement with increased transparency, technicalities, dynamics, power, impact, holography...
Well you get the point!

Aug 19, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #2,219 of 2,974
If I ever upgraded my M11 ess I’d probably go with a DX240 (if I wait until the M11 dies) or 320 over a higher end Fiio primarily because of size. Anything larger than the M11 won’t be pocketable. The higher end Fiio’s are pretty much desktop/pocketbook sized.

But, personally I’m happy with the M11 ESS. Especially price to performance wise. I don’t see any reason to upgrade. But I guess I’m done buying IEMs for a while so who knows, maybe starting a DAP collection might be next. Especially since I have a niece to pass down equipment to. But moral of this essay is I will never consider buying a DAP that is larger than the M11, unless I don’t plan on using it outside of the house (but that’s the whole point of DAPs for me).

Aug 21, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #2,220 of 2,974
Just upgraded from a Cayin n3pro to an M11 plus ESS. Without going too into detail, I had a god awful experience with my N3Pro and highly recommend looking for similar products elsewhere from other companies.

From my week with the M11, I know I've made the right decision and very happy with this amazing device! The battery life/bluetooth/audio quality is incredible. Plenty of reviews which say it far better than I can. I'm not sure if this is over or understated, but I can't stress enough how good the battery life on this is. When I think portable, I would think it to be standard to have excellent battery life, yet it was not the case with the N3Pro. I've only charged it 1 time since purchasing a week ago!! WTH! That's insane! I've been using it a bit too so I'm glad to know it'll handle well with how I use it and I wont need to be worried about charging every day.

I'm using it in combo with airpods and LCD-X, mainly as a portable player since I'm out quite a bit and like to wander around.. I have a rather large collection of obscure music from many vinyls that streaming services do not and it's really nice to have access to it on command. I'm excited to also use it more at home when I get the chance and see how it handles as a DAC.

all in all if I had to be picky, I wish it was skinnier. If Fiio comes out with a skinnier version at all in the next few years I'd contemplate selling this to fund for that one. But that's really IF I had to be picky.

No need for me to say much more as I feel like it's all been said and I'm not a good reviewer haha. Just wanted to share my thoughts and say I love my fiio :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back