[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Aug 6, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #783 of 2,938
Aug 6, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #784 of 2,938
I have the DX300 and the Hiby R6 2020 both are better than the Fiio M11 plus ltd.
I have the same collection as yours except Fiio M11 Plus ltd. I'll skip it now.

Aug 6, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #787 of 2,938
I just got a Fiio M11 Plus Ltd to replace my M11 Pro. Everything is working fine except I am having issues with the screen. There is no light bleed or dead pixels but the colour and brightness are terrible compared to the M11 Pro. The brightness needs to be set to 85% to match th1 M11 Pro at 50%. The colours look dull and washed out compared to the M11 Pro.

Is any body else having similar issues with the screen? The sound is great.

Aug 7, 2021 at 2:25 AM Post #788 of 2,938
I just got a Fiio M11 Plus Ltd to replace my M11 Pro. Everything is working fine except I am having issues with the screen. There is no light bleed or dead pixels but the colour and brightness are terrible compared to the M11 Pro. The brightness needs to be set to 85% to match th1 M11 Pro at 50%. The colours look dull and washed out compared to the M11 Pro.

The screen did seem a little darker in comparison but is fine for me. Might be partially because I'm using dark mode though.

Aug 7, 2021 at 2:25 AM Post #789 of 2,938
I have the DX300 and the Hiby R6 2020 both are better than the Fiio M11 plus ltd.
Can you explain in what way you think DX300 and R6 2020 are better? I’m deciding between those 3 exactly.

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #790 of 2,938
Can you explain in what way you think DX300 and R6 2020 are better? I’m deciding between those 3 exactly.
More power #1, only thing the M11 Ltd has over the R6 is Android 10 and THX 78 if you like THX,my opinion I like the slam,gut of the R6 over the M11 ltd,put it this way, I'll pick up the R6 before the M11,DX300 is better than both, almost all my Daps are FiiO,but I'm making the decision to move away from FiiO,but if you like FiiO do buy,me just done with the games.

Aug 7, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #791 of 2,938

I have the M11 original as well, same thing, M11 ltd is dull, they rushed this, maybe they're reading this and will fix these issues in a future update,no reason for the screen to be this dull, didn't compare with dx300 or R6 2020 because they have different screen resolution,but they have the same Qualcomm 660 and the brightness works the way it supposed to,just like on a tablet or phone or other Daps.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #792 of 2,938
I have the M11 original as well, same thing, M11 ltd is dull, they rushed this, maybe they're reading this and will fix these issues in a future update,no reason for the screen to be this dull, didn't compare with dx300 or R6 2020 because they have different screen resolution,but they have the same Qualcomm 660 and the brightness works the way it supposed to,just like on a tablet or phone or other Daps.

I respect your opinions and as someone who is maybe 4 days away from a purchase I'm interested in your views.

If FiiO did rush the M11 PLUS LTD can your issues you've brought up be remedied with software updates? Also, it seems like FiiO is getting close to a second release of this unit. I'd only guess they have learned from the first release and can make this second release better.

Aug 7, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #793 of 2,938
I respect your opinions and as someone who is maybe 4 days away from a purchase I'm interested in your views.

If FiiO did rush the M11 PLUS LTD can your issues you've brought up be remedied with software updates? Also, it seems like FiiO is getting close to a second release of this unit. I'd only guess they have learned from the first release and can make this second release better.
I think so, it just needs to be fine tuned,not looking for perfection just what should be normal, example I can pull out my oldest android Device and it will be brighter than this, it's the little things like this,I think they only have one software engineer who's not very good and that person is overwhelmed.I didn't just buy this for pure music mode.

Aug 7, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #795 of 2,938
I think so, it just needs to be fine tuned,not looking for perfection just what should be normal, example I can pull out my oldest android Device and it will be brighter than this, it's the little things like this,I think they only have one software engineer who's not very good and that person is overwhelmed.I didn't just buy this for pure music mode.
Thanks for all the views on the screen from everyone. It looks like I am not alone. I sent an email to Fiio support to ask about the screen. IF they do not give me an answer about a firmware update that will eventually fix this I will just return the Plus if I can and keep the Pro.

Really disappointed. I love the new size screen and design.

The one thing I forgot to ask is what is everyone's opinion on the gain. I am finding I need to have the gain on Medium to match the Pro on Low. Is this normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back