[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Sep 17, 2022 at 4:59 AM Post #2,296 of 2,982
Yeah. This is minor annoyance I admit. Probably if I enable WiFi only when using Qobuz or UAPP app when streaming these reboots will go away... would be nice though if FiiO could fix this if it is FW related and verify if it is a HW problem and I need to return the unit for a new one... I got it only 9 days ago.
Dear friend,

Did you set the power-off timer? If you don't mind, please try a factory restore as well.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 17, 2022 at 5:01 AM Post #2,297 of 2,982
FiiO Music App V3.1.4 for Android devices, X series and M series players update now!

image.png

Updated on 2022-09-17

Changes and improvements about new Android APP are as follows :

1. Added fade in/out feature.
2. Added one-key return to the home page function in the settings page.
3. Added playlist resume feature.
4. Optimized media scanning speed.
5. Optimized searching accuracy of online lyrics and album cover.
6. Fixed the issue that the MQA format cannot be recognized/played by USB Audio devices in some cases.
7. Fixed the issue that the SMB cannot be logged in with an empty account name in some cases.
8. Miscellaneous improvements on performance.

Android FiiO Music app-V3.1.4: Click here

FiiO Music app-V3.1.4 for M series Android players: Click here

How to check the APP version of FiiO Music app:
From settings-About-VersionX.X.X

How to update the FiiO Music app in mobile phone:
Search and download FiiO Music in the App Store on your device!

How to update the FiiO Music app in players:
Set the device to storage mode and connect to computer, drag the downloaded FiiO Music (.apk) to the device. Then disconnect the connection and enter ES file explorer/file manager, find the FiiO Music app in internal storage/sd card and click install.

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 17, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #2,298 of 2,982
Dear friend,

Did you set the power-off timer? If you don't mind, please try a factory restore as well.

Best regards

No, I did not and I already did (apparently a soft) factory reset 3 times... power-off timer option does Shutdown not Reboot.

The reseller gave me instructions to do a "hard" factory reset using recovery mode instead of a "soft" factory reset via Settings. I do not know if it that helped or not but I still get reboots - maybe not as frequently as before.

In the latest log I now have 190 of those WLAN resumes and 5 of those caused a reboot. Maybe this has nothing to do with WLAN after all but my M11 Plus ESS just randomly reboots when resuming from sleep... only FiiO engineers who can debug units live (both HW and SW) and have access to source code can figure this out.

I am waiting now what the reseller has to say about this.

Sep 18, 2022 at 4:58 AM Post #2,299 of 2,982
No, I did not and I already did (apparently a soft) factory reset 3 times... power-off timer option does Shutdown not Reboot.

The reseller gave me instructions to do a "hard" factory reset using recovery mode instead of a "soft" factory reset via Settings. I do not know if it that helped or not but I still get reboots - maybe not as frequently as before.

In the latest log I now have 190 of those WLAN resumes and 5 of those caused a reboot. Maybe this has nothing to do with WLAN after all but my M11 Plus ESS just randomly reboots when resuming from sleep... only FiiO engineers who can debug units live (both HW and SW) and have access to source code can figure this out.

I am waiting now what the reseller has to say about this.
I don‘t know the return returnpolicy of your reseller, but this looks like a defective unit and I would insist to change it asap.
your reseller can sort this out with FiiO. That’s just not your job as a customer.

Sep 18, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #2,300 of 2,982
FiiO Music App V3.1.4 for Android devices, X series and M series players update now!

image.png

Updated on 2022-09-17

Changes and improvements about new Android APP are as follows :

1. Added fade in/out feature.
2. Added one-key return to the home page function in the settings page.
3. Added playlist resume feature.
4. Optimized media scanning speed.
5. Optimized searching accuracy of online lyrics and album cover.
6. Fixed the issue that the MQA format cannot be recognized/played by USB Audio devices in some cases.
7. Fixed the issue that the SMB cannot be logged in with an empty account name in some cases.
8. Miscellaneous improvements on performance.

Android FiiO Music app-V3.1.4: Click here

FiiO Music app-V3.1.4 for M series Android players: Click here

How to check the APP version of FiiO Music app:
From settings-About-VersionX.X.X

How to update the FiiO Music app in mobile phone:
Search and download FiiO Music in the App Store on your device!

How to update the FiiO Music app in players:
Set the device to storage mode and connect to computer, drag the downloaded FiiO Music (.apk) to the device. Then disconnect the connection and enter ES file explorer/file manager, find the FiiO Music app in internal storage/sd card and click install.

Question about v3.1.4 -- M11+ ESS> fiio music app> settings> about> Check for update,'no update'. Thoughts? Do I have to do this update manually?

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #2,301 of 2,982
Question about v3.1.4 -- M11+ ESS> fiio music app> settings> about> Check for update,'no update'. Thoughts? Do I have to do this update manually?
Somehow that 'check for update' doesn't work. I did manually by downloading and installing the file shared on drive on my m11.

Sep 18, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #2,302 of 2,982
I had the same issue. Ended up downloading and installing the APK from the link posted by @FiiO.

Sep 18, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #2,303 of 2,982
Thanks for insights above, got 3.1.4 running.

Sep 23, 2022 at 3:52 AM Post #2,304 of 2,982
I don‘t know the return returnpolicy of your reseller, but this looks like a defective unit and I would insist to change it asap.
your reseller can sort this out with FiiO. That’s just not your job as a customer.
I know but I am software engineer with over 30 years of experience so I cannot help myself :rolling_eyes:.

@FiiO I figured out why M11 Plus ESS crashes... my WiFi network had WAP2+WPA3 encryption and M11 used WPA3 encryption which caused M11 to crash occasionally when WiFi adapter was initiating resume from sleep. If I can help your FW engineers with anything just ask - I am happy to help to track this bug down and hopefully it can be fixed in a future FW update.

I disabled WPA3 encryption on my WiFi network and zero reboots since then.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 7:01 AM Post #2,305 of 2,982
For me it was a worthwhile upgrade (from M11 Pro), but mostly due to Android 10 and the upgraded CPU. It now works with Apple Music and the Android 10 update supports Wavelet and Poweramp Equalizer for systemwide PEQ, which is important to me.
SO>>>>>
With the M11 PLUS.. Apple music lossless works.. AND you are able to download it to the player’s SD card, correct?
AND
You can install “Poweramp Equalizer”.. and then use a true equalizer on Apple music Lossless, Correct?

I have a FIIO M7, but it’s time to upgrade.... but I love to EQ and I use Apple Music (due to IPhone) .. so it would be great to have Apple lossless W/EQ on the M11 PLUS.

Sep 23, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #2,306 of 2,982
SO>>>>>
With the M11 PLUS.. Apple music lossless works.. AND you are able to download it to the player’s SD card, correct?
AND
You can install “Poweramp Equalizer”.. and then use a true equalizer on Apple music Lossless, Correct?

I have a FIIO M7, but it’s time to upgrade.... but I love to EQ and I use Apple Music (due to IPhone) .. so it would be great to have Apple lossless W/EQ on the M11 PLUS.

Answered your PM. Yes Poweramp EQ and Wavelet do work with Apple Music Lossless. I have granted the dump permissions (per instructions) but not sure if it is required or not.

Sep 23, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #2,307 of 2,982
Yes, you can download lossless Apple Music files to the SD card. Just don’t change your password or you’ll lose offline access to all files, that’s happened to me a couple times and had to wipe the card and download everything again. There’s probably a way around having to do that but I couldn’t find one.

Sep 29, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #2,308 of 2,982
I am very disappointed about that the touch function of the display of my M11 Plus LTD just doesn’t work anymore.
The device boots up correctly and the hardware buttons are working, but i can’t do anything with the device. Reboot, while long holding the power button and then immediately holding down power + play/pause to boot into recovery menu, is the only option to power off there. I also tried to factory reset in the recovery menu. The touch function is still broken and i can’t select a language in the first step of device configuration.
Very sad that this happened. I’m in contact with the reseller, hope he can help me.

Sep 29, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #2,309 of 2,982
I am very disappointed about that the touch function of the display of my M11 Plus LTD just doesn’t work anymore.
The device boots up correctly and the hardware buttons are working, but i can’t do anything with the device. Reboot, while long holding the power button and then immediately holding down power + play/pause to boot into recovery menu, is the only option to power off there. I also tried to factory reset in the recovery menu. The touch function is still broken and i can’t select a language in the first step of device configuration.
Very sad that this happened. I’m in contact with the reseller, hope he can help me.
I would also send a PM to Fiio directly - they were able to help me out with my device issues.

Oct 2, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #2,310 of 2,982
Quick question if I may to any other M11 Plus owners in the UK. Have any of you managed to download programmes from the BBC Sounds app for Android for offline listening?

A UK reseller claimed to have tested downloads from the Sounds app successfully before I ordered an M11 Plus. I couldn’t get anything to download at all so I returned it for a refund. I’d be interested in hearing from other owners who may have had more success.

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back