[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 3, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #107 of 9,286
Understood, but bet there are many new or newer daps you never tried before already in the market.
Clearly, but my madness must have it's own limits so I do not jump on everything new haha.
Also, as you said, it was on the specific moment. My mind just said "get this one, NOW".

Apr 3, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #110 of 9,286
Ok have ordered also, now the wait :darthsmile::darthsmile::darthsmile:
Crossing fingers for us both to get it soon!
I just feel like a children waiting for santa now

Apr 3, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #112 of 9,286
Keep in mind that if you have ordered m11 from china now you are used as a first testing rats the same as the china guys. So good luck :wink: Fiio first batches are testing batches and is made for testing with native china buyers first so if there will be some problems they could have possibility to correct it more easily and a lot cheaper. Only then they will go golbally and that's why we will get m11 anounced later than china. It's very clever strategy for fiio but i wouldn't hurry as a buyer.

Apr 3, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #114 of 9,286
Keep in mind that if you have ordered m11 from china now you are used as a first testing rats the same as the china guys. So good luck :wink: Fiio first batches are testing batches and is made for testing with native china buyers first so if there will be some problems they could have possibility to correct it more easily and a lot cheaper. Only then they will go golbally and that's why we will get m11 anounced later than china. It's very clever strategy for fiio but i wouldn't hurry as a buyer.
The first try may also be the right one. I won't worry before getting mine and I'll see then what will happen. I also still have good hope in FiiO to deliver usable products, even for first batches. However this is a good warning from you that everybody may consider before buying one.

Are you going to get additional taxes when importing with dhl from china?
Only the standard import taxes applied in my country. Plus, did not have to pay them everytime (sometime they somehow forget us) so not sure for this one

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #115 of 9,286
Crossing fingers for us both to get it soon!
I just feel like a children waiting for santa now
When you get it - please post your impressions, and especially compared to the X5III that you mentioned you own.
I own X5III and debating whether or not to get a new M11... I love the smoothness sound of X5III much more than the "technically superior" X7II, and just hoping sound of M11 would be closer to X5III than X7II :wink:

Apr 3, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #116 of 9,286
When you get it - please post your impressions, and especially compared to the X5III that you mentioned you own.
I own X5III and debating whether or not to get a new M11... I love the smoothness sound of X5III much more than the "technically superior" X7II, and just hoping sound of M11 would be closer to X5III than X7II :wink:
With great pleasure. I also like the softer side of the X5iii so I hope to be helpful for you

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #117 of 9,286

Sorry but there are something need to be clarified.

1, Usually we will make 100~200 before the mass production , and this batch is used to do some quality testing and also sent to some users/reviewers to get some feedback so we can improve the design and fix some bugs before mass production.

2, Usually we will make thousands in the first batch , it is not for test cause we will lost lots of money if there are any quality issues which can't accept.

3, The main reason why it is only for sale in China is there are huge different between China and outside China in the firmware, for example, in China no one care about the Googly play and we use different Apps, so it is more easy to us to sell in China first.

4, Please remember that we are a Chinese brand and it is more logic to sell in China first. and usually the first batch can't fulfill the market demand.

5, The reason we put some on Aliexpress is because some head-fi'er are eager to try it first, and they have more experience than other people , and they care about the sound quality than

the firmware issues .

of course, we will not encourage that everyone to buy the M11, we just provide it to you and you decide whether you should.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 3, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #118 of 9,286
Sorry but there are something need to be clarified.

1, Usually we will make 100~200 before the mass production , and this batch is used to do some quality testing and also sent to some users/reviewers to get some feedback so we can improve the design and fix some bugs before mass production.

2, Usually we will make thousands in the first batch , it is not for test cause we will lost lots of money if there are any quality issues which can't accept.

3, The main reason why it is only for sale in China is there are huge different between China and outside China in the firmware, for example, in China no one care about the Googly play and we use different Apps, so it is more easy to us to sell in China first.

4, Please remember that we are a Chinese brand and it is more logic to sell in China first. and usually the first batch can't fulfill the market demand.

5, The reason we put some on Aliexpress is because some head-fi'er are eager to try it first, and they have more experience than other people , and they care about the sound quality than

the firmware issues .

of course, we will not encourage that everyone to buy the M11, we just provide it to you and you decide whether you should.
HI james.

I have Purchased of Ali Express yesterday,am I still able to load Spotify and Tidal via APK"s ?

Regards

Apr 3, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #119 of 9,286
Hi everyone,

In Philippines running a school trip, away from computers and don't have time to put proper feedback in here on my phone.

Please check the old thread for my feedback on the EXCELLENT M11. Tidal and Spotify, no problem. Insanely worthwhile upgrade to x5iii. I'll copy paste my old stuff into here when I'm back, but for now a lot of your questions are answered over there. Someone put a link to it earlier - maybe throw another one here if you can.

That post about Fiio using the Chinese market as a beta test is offensive. Chinese company, released product in China first while international version development continues. That's all.

This device is definitely ready for primetime. Love it more each day.

Apr 4, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #120 of 9,286
To all owner of M11, I am on the edge of pull my trigger getting one from AliX. I am still using DX150 (with amp8) as my primary DAP as well as DX90j - Had X5iii but I am not fully satisfied with the sound output.
If any owners here can recommend the plus' over DX150 + Amp8, DX90 and X5iii will be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back