[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 5, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #151 of 9,288
But I could be interpreting that wrong.
Unless Samsung release support for Android 8 or 9 on the M11’s Exynos chip, and Fiio updates the M11 to a newer Android version then no, we won’t get Google Play support because Google doesn’t allow it. Been discussed elsewhere. But unless you’re looking for a full Android experience you really don’t need it in a dap as far as I’m concerned.

Apr 5, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #152 of 9,288
I know any android device supports MQA but without the MQA certification it won't perform the final unfold to the full 24/192. Also as far as no google play store, I have seen some mentioning aurora store as an alternative and saying it works nicely going to give that a shot when I get mine. I haven't seen anything official about google play support but there have been things said about the M11 launching in china first because it is easier since they don't need google play support as much over there (not sure if it is actually true), so that kind makes me interpret that as there may be google play support in a future firmware for the US version once launched. But I could be interpreting that wrong.

You're right, it doesn't support the final unfold to 24/192 but James said they're taking care of that issue. No idea what it means.

The Exynos 7872 SoC doesn't support Android 8/9, so no Google Play.

Apr 5, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #153 of 9,288
You're right, it doesn't support the final unfold to 24/192 but James said they're taking care of that issue. No idea what it means.

The Exynos 7872 SoC doesn't support Android 8/9, so no Google Play.

I did see that he said they are taking care of that issue. Curious to know what that means as well. I hope samsung will support android 8 or 9 with the 7872 it is completely capable of it as it is more powerful than any other chip in the other DAPs out there.

Apr 5, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #154 of 9,288
Unless Samsung release support for Android 8 or 9 on the M11’s Exynos chip, and Fiio updates the M11 to a newer Android version then no, we won’t get Google Play support because Google doesn’t allow it. Been discussed elsewhere. But unless you’re looking for a full Android experience you really don’t need it in a dap as far as I’m concerned.

I don't need a full android experience. I just want to have Tidal with offline capabilities. I really use Tidal for most of my listening now. I have the Hiby Music app on my DX150 as I like it much better than the mango player but curious to see how the fiio music player compares.

Apr 5, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #155 of 9,288
Ya basically. Just pre-install TIDAL app for us. Thanks!

Apr 5, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #157 of 9,288
Genuinely asking , how hard could it be to download apk? Is it hard to find the tidal apk that works for 7?

I don’t think it’s difficult. It’s a suggestion =P

Especially for a lazy Apple user who’s used to everything handed on a plate to him.

I mean ya, I can read up on APKs and learn how to load it onto the player. I can also download firmware through WiFi instead of downloading it on my laptop and manually loading it onto my DAP. I’ve done both and I just prefer the former. I only read about the no Google Play services information recently whereas my XDP-300R has it.

Apr 5, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #160 of 9,288
Anyone who ordered of Ali X have a shipping notification yet, ordered Wednesday Afternoon still heard nothing?
Regards Steve

Mine was ordered last night and nothing yet. It says it is awaiting shipment. I see it says should be delivered by 4/23 and I'm on the US

Apr 5, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #163 of 9,288
Not weird at all with the sellers on Ali. First off, it is currently 8:30 on a Saturday morning in China. Nobody is in the shop yet.

Apr 5, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #164 of 9,288
Not weird at all with the sellers on Ali. First off, it is currently 8:30 on a Saturday morning in China. Nobody is in the shop yet.

I should have been more specific. I was saying how it was weird that he ordered a day before me but his was still processing and mine says awaiting shipment.

Apr 5, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #165 of 9,288
Yes, I see your point. I often wonder how organized these Ali Express vendors are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back