[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Oct 8, 2022 at 12:12 AM Post #9,152 of 9,286
How much

Oct 8, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #9,155 of 9,286
FiiO Music Player app (3.1.4) current player version installed - can't seem to install older 3.1.3 player app over the top and cannot appear to be able to uninstall the 3.1.4 app by dragging to the top to uninstall.

Whatever older version i try to install I get the message that it was unable to do so because the package was "corrupt" ( these were just downloaded from the FiiO site. Hence me trying to uninstall the current version in case somebody had placed a restriction on installing prior versions on top of current version.

Any ideas anyone or @FiiO ?

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #9,156 of 9,286
FiiO Music Player app (3.1.4) current player version installed - can't seem to install older 3.1.3 player app over the top and cannot appear to be able to uninstall the 3.1.4 app by dragging to the top to uninstall.

Whatever older version i try to install I get the message that it was unable to do so because the package was "corrupt" ( these were just downloaded from the FiiO site. Hence me trying to uninstall the current version in case somebody had placed a restriction on installing prior versions on top of current version.

Any ideas anyone or @FiiO ?
Factory reset?

Oct 8, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #9,157 of 9,286
Factory reset?
Loathe to do that and I don’t think that will restore previous version of the player, just reset all your settings to default. I think there is a way in settings to restore default player in settings > apps but I will lose all 40 of my created playlists unfortunately

Just thought you would be able to install an earlier version over the top but I guess not.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #9,158 of 9,286
Loathe to do that and I don’t think that will restore previous version of the player, just reset all your settings to default. I think there is a way in settings to restore default player in settings > apps but I will lose all 40 of my created playlists unfortunately

Just thought you would be able to install an earlier version over the top but I guess not.

Af factory reset will revert FiiO Music to whatever version came with the current firmware. Any updates will be removed.

Oct 8, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #9,159 of 9,286
Af factory reset will revert FiiO Music to whatever version came with the current firmware. Any updates will be removed.
It also gives a warning that all data will be removed, so I'm assuming all EQ created and all playlists. Plus I'm not sure which player comes with Firmware version 1.1.1 so I may end up with exactly the same FiiO music app version.

It's a dilemma for sure. So much easier if installing an earlier version of the player was possible

There seems two options

1. Settings and select Back up & Reset - this is the factory reset removing all data and accounts
2. Settings and then apps to "uninstall updates"

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #9,161 of 9,286
Reset updates option just completed.
It reset back to 3.0.3 and of course lost the library and playlists, so that's what I'll be doing for the next day or so.

You could try this which is how you reverted back to old versions on my FiiO X7II. Obviously you then need to install your desired version. I have no idea if it works on the newer models:

How to uninstall the current version: Go to "Settings -> About device-> Kernel version", and continually tap "Kernel version" until there is the prompt to uninstall FiiO Music app. Then please reboot the device to complete the uninstallation of this app.

Oct 9, 2022 at 1:31 AM Post #9,162 of 9,286
You could try this which is how you reverted back to old versions on my FiiO X7II. Obviously you then need to install your desired version. I have no idea if it works on the newer models: How to uninstall the current version: Go to "Settings -> About device-> Kernel version", and continually tap "Kernel version" until there is the prompt to uninstall FiiO Music app. Then please reboot the device to complete the uninstallation of this app.
That doesn’t work on the M series, already tried 😆

Oct 24, 2022 at 4:51 AM Post #9,164 of 9,286
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 24, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #9,165 of 9,286

Users who are viewing this thread

Back