[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Dec 3, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #9,016 of 9,288
Hi. Is it worth adding a Chord Mojo? If so, what is the way to connect it?

The Mojo has micro-usb connector so you would need a USB-C to micro-USB cable for USB connection. It can also accept a 3.5 mm coaxial (SPDIF) connection, in which case you will need a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm (both male) coaxial cable. I don't believe the M11 came with either of these cables, although you might be able to use adapters if you have some laying around.

Dec 4, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #9,019 of 9,288
Hi guys,

A friend of mine has just recently purchased a Fiio M11 Plus Limited, what format does Fiio recommend you should format your SD Card? He has purchased a Scan Disk 500 GB.

Thanks in advance.

I'd recommend formatting in the M11 Plus for maximum compatibility (but not as internal storage). I generally use exfat for SDXC cards that I use on multiple devices.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #9,020 of 9,288
Hello all....

So I'm currently re-scanning my library of 35K songs spread over 2 1TB cards - and I'm 20K right now and I'm at the hour mark.

....is my M11 failing? Cards failing? Or is this pretty standard? Just my neurosis kicking in.

Cheers.

Dec 8, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #9,021 of 9,288
Hello all....

So I'm currently re-scanning my library of 35K songs spread over 2 1TB cards - and I'm 20K right now and I'm at the hour mark.

....is my M11 failing? Cards failing? Or is this pretty standard? Just my neurosis kicking in.
Cheers.
It can take a while depending on how you have the tracks arranged on the cards. I didn't believe this at first, but subsequent trials proved it to be true. I have mostly FLAC files. The few MP3 files that I have are converted to WMA files. All files are put into folders by album and the album files are put under an artist folder. I have NO cover art imbedded in the files. I simply put a 400 x 400 copy of the cover art as a jpg file named "cover.jpg" in the album folder. This also works for compellation albums where I want the tracks grouped under a name but with different cover art displayed from the original albums. Fiio music player works great! I do wish they would bring back the VU meters for the display.

Now to stir up another topic....

I just finished 72 hours of burn in with test sweeps and white noise on a new pair of the CCA CA24 iems. I've been in the audio music business for over 50 years and these have to be some of the finest sounding IEMS or headphones I have ever listened to. And I have owned and listened to alot including STAX electrostats, Sennheiser, Koss Pro sets, AKG and more. There are 12 balanced armatures in each ear. I thought the CA16's were good with their hybrid use of a dynamic driver but these new ones are incredible for the price. Using one of the new kBear 24core braided silver on copper wires with 4mm plug. Keep in mind there is no difference in 2.5mm vs 4mm as far as sound quality.

Breathtaking staging and depth, bass like a properly setup and tuned subwoofer, mids and vocals that are insane and highs that are clear as a bell. I know this is old news but listening to Adell's Hello and U2's With or Without You should convince you. If not... your ears are bad...LOL.

Enjoy the music!

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #9,025 of 9,288
Hiby app is definitely not one of my favourites. I swing between the stock app and Poweramp, even tried USB Audio Player which despite it's cost is absolutely awful - dreadful refresh and dire UI.

I still return to the stock app ( depending on the version is either zippy or sometimes laggy - I'm using two 400GB cards )

Dec 14, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #9,027 of 9,288
I don't know of a list. but i have 2 sandisk cards in my M11 and no problems. All of my daps use sandisk cards. i've found them to be most reliable.
Avoid any cards from Lexar...they don't work. I use Sandisk and Samsung. Just beware of counterfeits. I have gotten a few Samsung counterfeits from Amazon which they replaced. All of the unknown name 1TB and 512GB cards at insanely low prices are junk / counterfeit. Unless you thoroughly test every bit on these cards, you won't know it till its too late and your data is gone...poof!

Dec 22, 2021 at 3:56 AM Post #9,028 of 9,288
The local seller is helping. They are following your service process. They were required to send the device to a FiiO service centre. The FiiO people have had it for almost a month now with no information provided. I'm trying to find out what is likely to happen and when I will get some information on the outcome.
This is finally resolved. After 3 months that they explained as them waiting for parts, I was informed I would be getting a "replacement unit". I initially assumed that would be mean a new sealed unit. But what I got was an M11 in bubble wrap loose in a shipping box. It looked like a refurbished unit but there was no info about it. I had to follow up with the retailer to confirm this. I had shipped it back to them in it's original box but that was not returned. I asked about this a couple of weeks ago but have heard nothing.

Very disppointed with FiiO over this, just abysmal service and communication.

Dec 22, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #9,029 of 9,288
Avoid any cards from Lexar...they don't work. I use Sandisk and Samsung. Just beware of counterfeits. I have gotten a few Samsung counterfeits from Amazon which they replaced. All of the unknown name 1TB and 512GB cards at insanely low prices are junk / counterfeit. Unless you thoroughly test every bit on these cards, you won't know it till its too late and your data is gone...poof!
I have all my music backed up on an external drive just in case, data failure bound to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back