[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Aug 4, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #8,311 of 9,288
No issues so far on the latest firmware / player version combo

Lol, I always let this thread lapse in my reading until there's a new firmware rev, where I resume reading here to make sure it's working for other people.

Overall my M11 is doing fine after a year, except for the horribly slow card processing when I have to do a rescan or use the FiiO player which is so slow to navigate the card directories. Here's hoping the stuff that works keeps working, I've given up hope on the slow card access after giving FiiO the data they requested _long_ ago.

Aug 4, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #8,312 of 9,288
I have a new Fiio M11. Can I switch from FW 1.0.6 straight to FW 1.1.0 with offline updates? Online updates only offer me FW 1.0.7. Thanks
That upgrade path should not be a problem.

Aug 4, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #8,313 of 9,288
Dear user,
Would you mind sending a small video to support@fiio.com for us to confirm your problem?

Best regards

@FiiO i haven't seen it occur within the past few days so I'll have to keep an eye on things and let you know.

There is another issue i'm experiencing.

There are times where I'll be listening to a track but it will either stop completely or stop and skip to a random track in my library. It happens randomly so it's not reproducible all the time. It only occurs when i'm listening to music with the device not plugged into anything (don't usually listen to it when it's charging but i'll need to test it and let you know).

This has happen prior and since the latest firmware update.

Aug 5, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #8,314 of 9,288
Lol, I always let this thread lapse in my reading until there's a new firmware rev, where I resume reading here to make sure it's working for other people.

Overall my M11 is doing fine after a year, except for the horribly slow card processing when I have to do a rescan or use the FiiO player which is so slow to navigate the card directories. Here's hoping the stuff that works keeps working, I've given up hope on the slow card access after giving FiiO the data they requested _long_ ago.

A full scan on my two 400GB cards takes between 1-2 hours so I rarely do it unless forced to through circumstance. Small incremental scans of added material is the norm, especially as the two cards are nearly full, along with the internal storage.

Poweramp seems to manage scans more quickly and does an automatic scan on opening. This is quite short, a few minutes, but suppose could be annoying to some.

Aug 6, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #8,315 of 9,288
I got a new firmware via OTA today (V1.10) with "full MQA support" but not via USB or Bluetooth
As it is a destructive format, I never use MQA so I have no idea what it means.

Aug 6, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #8,316 of 9,288
Probably means it wont work with out via USB or Bluetooth, only line out and SPDIF

If you don't use it, don't worry about it.

FiiO player still the nicest UI experience imho although Poweramp gives better bass adjustments for my taste but I do tend to use the FiiO player 99% of the time

Although one thing I haven't worked out with Poweramp: if I set it to give HiRes output, everything is upscaled to that set kHz whereas if i switch it off, even my 24/96 tracks are output as 48kHz according to the new status bar indicator in the latest firmware ?!?!?!

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #8,317 of 9,288
After a search it seems the dev wanted to set output manually instead of automatic detection from the source file to avoid problems with gapless playback and audio glitches between tracks. So you set your output and everything is either played or upscaled to that output. Hmmmm.

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #8,318 of 9,288
After a search it seems the dev wanted to set output manually instead of automatic detection from the source file to avoid problems with gapless playback and audio glitches between tracks. So you set your output and everything is either played or upscaled to that output. Hmmmm.
Yep - that is why I steer clear of Poweramp.

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #8,319 of 9,288
Yep - that is why I steer clear of Poweramp.
Yeah didn't realise this. I know it won't sound better or worse, but would prefer it to play the file natively and just leave me to mess around with EQ if I want it.

The EQ in Poweramp does seem to have more effect than FiiO but I can live without the extra bass frequencies most of the time.

Aug 6, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #8,320 of 9,288
I installed the latest OS and FiiO app and YES the device is still in PRE ALPHA state!

No standards in database / tagging / sorting. Genre -> Artist -> Album sorting missed and missed and missed.... for example
Another example: I picked up ONE artist with all albums (correct sorting order) for playing, after device restart the M11 plays I don't now what scrambled sorting, shuffling or f..what? any title of any album of this artist, sometimes another artist with any title of any album.... I never used the shuffle play option just the normal standard option!

ALL files are tagged perfectly!

Next topic: The MICROGAPS and GLITCHES are still existing @M11!

The whole device is a PRE ALPHA device! This is really, really sad!

With every update there is a new issue....

Aug 6, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #8,321 of 9,288
Next topic: The MICROGAPS and GLITCHES are still existing @M11!

Thank you for bringing this up. It is extremely frustrating to me to be dealing with gapless issues still. Crazy.

How many files do you have, just out of curiosity? Do you have ReplayGain turned on? Album Gain or Track Gain? I'm just trying to find out what the possible issue is here...driving me insane.

Aug 7, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #8,323 of 9,288
Thank you for bringing this up. It is extremely frustrating to me to be dealing with gapless issues still. Crazy.

How many files do you have, just out of curiosity? Do you have ReplayGain turned on? Album Gain or Track Gain? I'm just trying to find out what the possible issue is here...driving me insane.
it's not replaygain based. It's a problem with the whole hardware (overall decreased power to push up the battery). The issues are existing only in combination with BT LDAC mode.
There are absolutely NO problems while using wired headphones!

Aug 7, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #8,324 of 9,288
it's not replaygain based. It's a problem with the whole hardware (overall decreased power to push up the battery). The issues are existing only in combination with BT LDAC mode.
There are absolutely NO problems while using wired headphones!

Ah - mine is based on experience with wired headphones. Still - there is obviously something fishy with this latest update.

Aug 10, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #8,325 of 9,288
@FiiO I am getting really bad playback with DSD files now. I have ensured nothing else us running, no WiFi/BT, rebooted. The DSD files that played back fine pre-patch are now breaking up. Ideas?

Dear user,

Would you mind sharing your music files to us for check?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back