[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 28, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #8,281 of 9,270
Someone have same issue as me on m11?
1.black line ( on the bottom side) after using fast charger. It's already gone , and it's not permanent. No issue when using a low ampere/output charger.
2.today a black line appear on the top side of my m11 after long listening (about 4-5hour) hi gain on 45% volume via 3.5mm jack. The temperature of the dap is a little bit warm. Is it permanent or no?
Thanks. I'm scared right now.

Attachments

• IMG_20200708_163344.jpg
    IMG_20200708_163344.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200728_170741.jpg
    IMG_20200728_170741.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #8,282 of 9,270
Well I'm on the latest Beta and updated Tidal app - no changes in the status bar as to whether MQA is working. I do notice a difference in sound between 'Masters' and 'Hi-Fi', but no idea if we've got the full unfold. So I'm assuming not at the moment!

Jul 28, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #8,283 of 9,270
With the latest update of the Tidal app on Android, the MQA indicator will show up at the top - at least on some albums/tracks.

Switch from the "Master" setting on streaming and downloads to the "Hi Fi" setting - like if you have an MQA DAC and you need to bypass the software doing it (and keep the application from doing the first unfolding).

For some reason, it's not working on all tracks. All of the classical 2L titles that I checked seem to unfold to 352.8kHz! Some of the biggest new releases like Taylor Swift's also seem to unfold at 44.1kHz like with UAPP with the MQA indicator on top (rather than showing an upsampling to 88.2 or 96kHz in the Tidal app with "Master" and no MQA indicator on the top). I've checked around on random MQA albums from different labels big and small. Some work but perhaps the majority don't - no rhyme or reason.

Well I'm on the latest Beta and updated Tidal app - no changes in the status bar as to whether MQA is working. I do notice a difference in sound between 'Masters' and 'Hi-Fi', but no idea if we've got the full unfold. So I'm assuming not at the moment!

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #8,284 of 9,270
With the latest update of the Tidal app on Android, the MQA indicator will show up at the top - at least on some albums/tracks.

Switch from the "Master" setting on streaming and downloads to the "Hi Fi" setting - like if you have an MQA DAC and you need to bypass the software doing it (and keep the application from doing the first unfolding).

For some reason, it's not working on all tracks. All of the classical 2L titles that I checked seem to unfold to 352.8kHz! Some of the biggest new releases like Taylor Swift's also seem to unfold at 44.1kHz like with UAPP with the MQA indicator on top (rather than showing an upsampling to 88.2 or 96kHz in the Tidal app with "Master" and no MQA indicator on the top). I've checked around on random MQA albums from different labels big and small. Some work but perhaps the majority don't - no rhyme or reason.

Thanks for that - sadly no luck for me. There isn't a setting somewhere in the Fiio/Android OS I'm missing (couldn't find anything)? Otherwise will wait until the update is released as 'final' and try again!

Jul 28, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #8,285 of 9,270
Thanks for that - sadly no luck for me. There isn't a setting somewhere in the Fiio/Android OS I'm missing (couldn't find anything)? Otherwise will wait until the update is released as 'final' and try again!

Hmmm, someone else couldn't seem to get it to work either. By any chance were you trying to play already downloaded tracks that were downloaded as "Master"? Those albums didn't trigger the MQA indicator until after I deleted them, downloaded them and played them back.

Jul 28, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #8,286 of 9,270
Hmmm, someone else couldn't seem to get it to work either. By any chance were you trying to play already downloaded tracks that were downloaded as "Master"? Those albums didn't trigger the MQA indicator until after I deleted them, downloaded them and played them back.

Here are some screenshots. The last album's an example of a newly released Master album that does not trigger the MQA indicator:

Screenshot_20200729-111826.pngScreenshot_20200729-111728.pngScreenshot_20200729-111928.png

Jul 29, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #8,287 of 9,270

Nope none were downloaded. Could maybe be related to headphone and port? But looking at your last pic, I'm also not seeing "44.1k" either when normal and not MQA :thinking:

Jul 29, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #8,289 of 9,270
This really seems to tick all the boxes for me, apart from the fact it only seems to come with a one year long warranty. That does not inspire confidence, especially when it costs £400.

Has anybody here had issues with their out of warranty M11?
What do you know of that comes with a longer warranty these days?

Jul 29, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #8,290 of 9,270
Nope none were downloaded. Could maybe be related to headphone and port? But looking at your last pic, I'm also not seeing "44.1k" either when normal and not MQA :thinking:

Did you go into settings and the display area and activate the sample rate display?

Jul 29, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #8,291 of 9,270
Someone have same issue as me on m11?
1.black line ( on the bottom side) after using fast charger. It's already gone , and it's not permanent. No issue when using a low ampere/output charger.
2.today a black line appear on the top side of my m11 after long listening (about 4-5hour) hi gain on 45% volume via 3.5mm jack. The temperature of the dap is a little bit warm. Is it permanent or no?
Thanks. I'm scared right now.
This really seems to tick all the boxes for me, apart from the fact it only seems to come with a one year long warranty. That does not inspire confidence, especially when it costs £400.

Has anybody here had issues with their out of warranty M11?
I have issue on screen , look at my post above. But I don't know , is it just me experiences it or no? Because no one reply My post.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 2:40 AM Post #8,292 of 9,270
What do you know of that comes with a longer warranty these days?
Our Toyota came with a 5 year warranty, some cars have 7 year warranty. My TV came with a free 5 year warranty. John Lewis offer 2 years warranty on a lot of stuff, including iPod Touch.

My air rifle came with a lifetime warranty.

Westone give a two year warranty on their IEMs and RHA give a three year warranty.

One year is the absolute minimum a manufacture offers these days, and I know Fiio isn’t alone in doing it, but it’s not long enough in my opinion. My Fiio M6 has lines on the screen, and is outside the one year period. I’m not happy about it, but at least it ‘only’ cost me about £130.

£400 is a different matter. The M11 is a considerably more of a ‘premium’ product. I believe even the M15 comes with the same 1 year warranty?

Perhaps it’s because we tend to change our DAPs more than we might with other products, and the manufacturers know full well we would just upgrade if they fail outside the warranty period.

I think for the money paid, this sort of kit should have a better warranty. One year might possibly be acceptable if the item is less than £200, but for £400, I think 2-3 years is more appropriate.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #8,295 of 9,270
Did you go into settings and the display area and activate the sample rate display?

There we go, thanks!

Ok so with this on AND in hi-fi mode - I can now see 2L stuff does show MQA at the 352.8k! Alas no luck with anything else I've tried. Gone through the whole new Taylor Swift album and all displaying 44.1k. I've also tried in Masters mode and it just shows 88.2k, no MQA logo.

So the discussion becomes - what are we listening to? Are we listening to Masters when selecting the Hi-Fi setting, and what is happening when we actually select Masters - just the first unfold in Tidal? Or is the display actually correct it's still misfiring from Tidal's side? I need to do some critical listening for sure. But be great to know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back