[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 28, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #8,101 of 9,286
I’m just wondering if it’s a firmware thing or if there’s a problem with the units we have...

True...for me it's definitely DSD/DSF files that are the problem - and the cut off is happening either when starting to play these files, or when they are completed and the next song in SHUFFLE comes on. I should note that this issue doesn't happen while playing a full album - at all.

May 29, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #8,103 of 9,286
Having some issues with MP3 gapless playback across Bluetooth - does this depend on the codec being used? I've checked using wired headphones with Fiio Music, and using the Tidal app with Bluetooth - no issues in either case. However, with both Bluetooth and the stock music app, there seems to be an issue with gapless playback - has anybody else encountered this?

May 30, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #8,104 of 9,286
... no gapless issue, but micro gaps (mp3, flac) while BT connect, it's caused by the limitation of the hardware in every case (FiiO decided to improve the battery time and limited all other ressource to hold the battery time up). You can root your M11 and increase limitations of CPU etc. pp with speedup apps for CPU / storage and so on. After performance pushing most issues gone...

ALL my M devices (m7, m9, m11) have the same problem! FiiO ignores this issue in every case! That's the reason for NON buying a FiiO device in future!

May 31, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #8,106 of 9,286
Hi,

Recently upgraded my M11 to 1.0.9 and now I have no output on the 3.5mm socket. This is if the unit is set to PO LO or SPDIF. I've done a restarted, factory reset and its still the same on Spotify, FiiO Music or Tidal. Is their anything else I could have missed? It was working fine on 3.5mm headphones before. Unfortunately I can't test the 4.4mm or 2.5mm

Cheers

May 31, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #8,107 of 9,286
I've been reading that the M11 Pro doesn't work with Amazon Music HD and Ultra HD offline and streaming?

I've posted on the M11 Pro thread but no answer. I've also reached out to FiiO but no response.

A member on the M11 Pro thread recommended that I ask here as the players use the same Android version.

So... anyone have a definitive answer?

Thanks...

Jun 2, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #8,108 of 9,286
A few M11 questions before I buy... if I buy:

1. Latest firmware brings back Pure Music Mode. Can the M11 boot directly into it as did with the X5 or do you have launch it as an App?

2. Is there anyway to install the Viper effects on the M11? I hate to give them up as they really allow you to fine tune and the "tube sound" was really nice.

3. The latest firmware mentions Google Play Framework... does that mean that Google Play is back?

Thanks in advance.

Jun 2, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #8,109 of 9,286
1. Latest firmware brings back Pure Music Mode. Can the M11 boot directly into it as did with the X5 or do you have launch it as an App?
If you select the Pure Music shell by default, then every time you turn on the device, the Pure Music launcher will be automatically loaded, that is, each time you turn on the device, only the Pure Music mode will work.

3. The latest firmware mentions Google Play Framework... does that mean that Google Play is back?
On the M11, the Play Market app store is available.

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #8,110 of 9,286
I’ve tried to downgrade the firmware on my M11 from 1.0.9 to 1.0.8 (as Play Services seems to have had a real impact on battery life). However, Fiio Music now crashes whenever I attempt to open it. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #8,111 of 9,286
Just picked up an M11 and am really impressed by it. According to Fiio’s early ads, it was supposed to have a factory applied screen protector, but mine does not. Is this now what is expected?

Jun 3, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #8,113 of 9,286
According to Fiio’s early ads, it was supposed to have a factory applied screen protector, but mine does not.
Mine didn't either.
Take a closer look. The M11 has a protective glass, you can see it, if you look closely, it protrudes slightly above the body of the device. Therefore, do not worry, your devices have a protective glass.
The screen itself is on a par with the body of the device, and the pasted protective glass stands out a little on the top of the case, this is visible to the naked eye.

I found a photo, an example of the fact that the device has a protective glass. However, you yourself can check it out. Pick up the glass with a fingernail and lift it, but before doing this, I advise you to buy a spare glass.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #8,114 of 9,286
Thanks for the informative picture. Yes, mine does look like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back