[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jan 25, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #7,546 of 9,270
Re. LDAC on the M11
LDAC works fine BUT I wish we had the option for the increased resolution available in later Android versions. My LG V30 has a 'highest quality' option which I think is a sample rate of 96khz (although I think I have something wrong there, sample rate in khz?) Anyway, point being that my V30 has a higher quality through LDAC option resulting in Bluetooth that sounds as good as wired to my ears (and I'm a BT skeptic). Tried BT once on the M11 and it didn't measure up to that high standard, so it's wired all the way for me.
@FiiO if there's any way to have this feature without the impossible jump in Android version, that would be amazing!

Jan 26, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #7,547 of 9,270
I don't know if Android 7 offers more LDAC options such the qual. / normal mode. With Android 9 I can see more options and in this case variable bit rate for a better transmission.... but it seems, anything is wrong with all M-Models (m7->m11) cause all three models / devices have the same micro gap issues....all three models based on Samsung SoC..... it seems in combination with BT module (Samsung? for all three models, too) and Android 7 the issues occur....
I never had issues like these with other models / devices of other manufact.

It's interesting...
We have three LDAC modes and every mode offers another bitrate for transmission between device -> headphones.
Tested with Sony XM1000M3!
-
Quality mode:990 kbps -> many, many micro gaps while music playing in all files -> NOT FIXED by FiiO!
Standard mode: 660 kbps -> very often micro gaps but not so much, but I can hear all the gaps -> NOT FIXED by FiiO!
Prior mode: 330 kbps -> not offered by FiiO -> maybe this mode works -> NO support by FiiO!
SBC mode: up to 345 kbps -> this is the ONE and ONLY working mode for BT headphones I tested!
-
Several Sony Walkman working perfect in all three LDAC modes.
Several tablets working perfect in all three LDAC modes.
Several other chinese DAP devices working perfect in all three LDAC modes

FiiO M7 -> FiiO M11 are NOT working in both LDAC modes, JUST in SBC mode!

This is a warranty issue in all three cases and there was no fixing by FiiO until today! (maybe FiiO cannot fix it cause it's a Samsung issue ^^ ).

Jan 28, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #7,552 of 9,270
ok my fiio might be dead then. i got nothing

I'm sure you've done this, but just in case - check with a different cable and a different charger. Fingers crossed for you mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back