[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jan 8, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #7,442 of 9,270
This is my favorite retailer and near my home. One of the best in France. Vert serious....
Hopefully I get a response by tomorrow and a possibility to exchange the product. Though do you think it's possible to go to one of their stores and demand an exchange? There's a store that is around one and a half hours by public transport that I could go to or do they handle returns and exchanges through their website?
I rarely get defective products and don't return products often so I guess I got a bit unlucky here

Jan 9, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #7,445 of 9,270
Thank you for your input. I meant the first Kann.
It seems like a balanced connection is the way to go with the M11. In standard it seems to lack bass body and impact, so that's why I pair it with the iFi Micro iDSD Black Label which adds warmth and body.
I'm going to try the balanced connection tonight with my HD 800S and share some thoughts. I was hoping to just use a stand-alone DAP for my full-sized headphones.

Can't wait your impression on M11 BAL out to HD800S, feel like M11 handle power hungry HP quite ok.
HD800S is a true legend, even on today market, on symphony track, not many HP can reproduce as grand, layered imaging.
Agree bass of standard not as punchy as PRO, but prefer the more "neutral" sounding on standard M11. May be I was switching from Kann, which bass is even leaner.
How about your thought on soundstage, standard vs PRO ?

Jan 9, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #7,446 of 9,270
Can't wait your impression on M11 BAL out to HD800S, feel like M11 handle power hungry HP quite ok.
HD800S is a true legend, even on today market, on symphony track, not many HP can reproduce as grand, layered imaging.
Agree bass of standard not as punchy as PRO, but prefer the more "neutral" sounding on standard M11. May be I was switching from Kann, which bass is even leaner.
How about your thought on soundstage, standard vs PRO ?

I've actually decided to sell my 4.4mm cable, so I won't be doing an impression any longer. :p
Also, I've never heard the PRO.

Jan 9, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #7,451 of 9,270
oh wow, i thought it will be underpowered since the spec / parameter page said the single ended 3.5mm recommended for max 150ohm.

Curious how it is for others, and whether/if they must compensate with gain settings or volume. In other words, I wonder if the Senn compatability with the M11 is a particularly subjective experience depending on the volumes/gains people are willing to use. The M11 definitely doesn't drive my AKG's satisfactorily, I don't know what the impedance rating is for them, but to be fair, pretty much nothing I own drives my AKG's well. Personally I use lower impedance sets, like my ATH-MSR7b, which is sometimes a repeated exercise in turning _down_ the volume (SO .. SENSITIVE!).

Jan 9, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #7,452 of 9,270
Curious how it is for others, and whether/if they must compensate with gain settings or volume. In other words, I wonder if the Senn compatability with the M11 is a particularly subjective experience depending on the volumes/gains people are willing to use. The M11 definitely doesn't drive my AKG's satisfactorily, I don't know what the impedance rating is for them, but to be fair, pretty much nothing I own drives my AKG's well. Personally I use lower impedance sets, like my ATH-MSR7b, which is sometimes a repeated exercise in turning _down_ the volume (SO .. SENSITIVE!).

Single-ended the 300ohm Senns need about 40mW, and the M11 puts out 22, so I would say the 660S would be acceptable (just like Fiio's recommendation).

Jan 9, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #7,453 of 9,270
Hello gang!

Does anyone know something that has similar output power as the M11 that has a sound signature with more bass?

Jan 9, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #7,454 of 9,270
Hello gang!

Does anyone know something that has similar output power as the M11 that has a sound signature with more bass?

have you tried using Poweramp or Neutron on the M11. I haven’t used Neutron personally but Poweramp gives me much more bass all the way to the point where it’s too much. Well worth the small price to compare the two apps.

I switch between the FiiO app and Poweramp and haven’t decided which one I prefer. Poweramp def gives more bass without distorting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back