[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jan 3, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #7,411 of 9,270
Some advice!?
It sounds better than my iphone x for sure. Sounds about the same as my original q5 with the am3b attached. If you dont mind the added cost of a dedicated dap I think its worth it overall. I prefer not having to burn through my phone battery listening to music. I used to go through my phone battery via bluetooth to the q5 in about 6-7 hours. Using the m11 via aptx bluetooth to some in ear wireless headphones I get through a 8 hour shift with about 70ish percent battery left and with my normal set of headphones at home I get about 8-10 hours out of the m11 without all the dsd on.

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #7,412 of 9,270
Anyone tried M11 with Fearless S8F? Any hiss?

What is found when you use the "search this thread" box on this page with "s8f"

Jan 4, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #7,413 of 9,270
What is found when you use the "search this thread" box on this page with "s8f"

I asked because I'm very much interested in the answer. I would like to buy M11 but I don't want to spend that kind of money and not be happy with its performance. Confirmation for the one actual post that answers my question or opposite case would have been nice so I can decide what to do.
But here I am and I have to bore you with my stupid questions. When annoyed sarcasm is the way. Thumbs up

Jan 4, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #7,414 of 9,270
I asked because I'm very much interested in the answer. I would like to buy M11 but I don't want to spend that kind of money and not be happy with its performance. Confirmation for the one actual post that answers my question or opposite case would have been nice so I can decide what to do.
But here I am and I have to bore you with my stupid questions. When annoyed sarcasm is the way. Thumbs up

You are welcome for my helping you find the answer to your question instead of letting it sit ignored forever. Have a nice day!

Jan 5, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #7,415 of 9,270
I just bought the FiiO M11. I'm hoping that this will be a better than my current iPhone 6 + iFi Mirco iDSD Black Label setup.

I'm looking to run the Diana V2 and HD 800S.... I know, NO iems...

Jan 5, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #7,416 of 9,270
Some Qobuz questions/observations.
  • To my old ears and potentially inadequate equipment, I can't hear much difference between Tidal and Qobuz hi-res recordings (knowing the M11 isn't MQA capable), but that's good, both sound nice on the M11.
  • I like that Qobuz isn't always pushing on me the musical crap that Tidal does, as my tastes are not Tidal's forte.
  • The Qobuz app unfortunately has a number of problems on the M11, Tidal was more polished though not without issue.
  • Interacting with Qobuz is sluggish for things like playlist or other management. The music is generally responsive, but metadata maintenance/access is slow too often.
Here are the issues I'm having with the Qobuz app on my M11, I'd love to hear if others have the problem and/or workarounds. On one of the issues the Qobuz people were pushing back saying "what did the @FiiO people say", but I don't really think these are FiiO problems, again, feedback welcome.
  1. This Qobuz thing drives me nuts. If I am on, say, a search page in the Qobuz app, then use the round android circle to switch to another app, say Tidal or some other app, then I switch back to the Qobuz app by clicking on its app icon, it nearly always puts me on the Qobuz discovery page, losing my search results and my scroll position in those search results (and hey, sometimes you have to scroll a lot on these tiny devices). Tidal never had that problem, I think it's a Qobuz problem and filed a report on it becuase it's driving me nuts. (Qobuz request number 00086750)
  2. I'm guessing this is also a Qobuz bug and is serious IMO, I haven't filed a bug on it yet. Sometimes the Qobuz app when launching a new release or track will essentially fill one or both channel with static/noise, like white noice on a television channel. You can kind of hear some of the music behind it. Attempting to restart the track won't fix it, you need to move to a new track or reboot the M11 sometimes to fix it. This has never happened with the Fiio or Tidal apps. Anybody else getting this?
I'm running the Fiio firmware 1.0.8, and Qobuz app version 5.3.1 as originally installed from the Fiio applications app, I don't remember if the Qobuz app has upgraded at all since I installed it a week ago.

Thanks for any help/feedback.

UPDATE: Jan 6 2020, AKPure got around to showing me there was an upgrade for the Qobuz app from 5.3.1 to 5.4.3, and the "loss of qobuz app context" problem has gone away. Not sure about the static issue which was intermittent, time will tell.

UPDATE 2: Jan 6 20202, Qobuz app upgrade wipes out your downloaded songs. Sure would be nice if I were prompted first, I had a lot of stuff in there I wanted to listen to.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #7,417 of 9,270
Has anyone tried using the Sandisk 1 TB cards in the M11 or M11 Pro?

Any issues?

Right now I'm using a 512GB and a 400GB in my M11 ... With about 100GB free space ...

Just wondering if it is worth upgrading to the M11 Pro with the TB card.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #7,418 of 9,270
Is there some sort of custom rom or workaround (unofficially) for google play store to be loaded? Maybe similar to the one for ibasso dx160? This player checks all the things i need as far as streaming is concerned just being held back by the lack of play store as i want to install apple
Music and youtube music, hope there is a workaround, many thanks

Jan 6, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #7,419 of 9,270
Has anyone compared the M11 to the M9?
I'm honestly only looking for a player that can stream Tidal music, and I'm thinking that the M11 might be overkill?

Jan 6, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #7,420 of 9,270
Has anyone compared the M11 to the M9?
I'm honestly only looking for a player that can stream Tidal music, and I'm thinking that the M11 might be overkill?
Can't speak to the M9, and don't know what would make for an ideal streaming DAP for you, but one point to consider is storage space. I like to download music via Tidal and Qobuz, and it's pretty easy to chew through the internal storage (all 27-ish GB of it) if you are careless downloading playlists, for example. Just something to consider, that it's nice to have _lots_ of storage space for these high-res files. (Sometimes I just don't have internet, like in the car, so I want those downloads).

The M11 (and perhaps the M9, no idea), gives you just about all the storage you could want, even if all you use is Tidal for streaming with some downloads.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #7,421 of 9,270
Can't speak to the M9, and don't know what would make for an ideal streaming DAP for you, but one point to consider is storage space. I like to download music via Tidal and Qobuz, and it's pretty easy to chew through the internal storage (all 27-ish GB of it) if you are careless downloading playlists, for example. Just something to consider, that it's nice to have _lots_ of storage space for these high-res files. (Sometimes I just don't have internet, like in the car, so I want those downloads).

The M11 (and perhaps the M9, no idea), gives you just about all the storage you could want, even if all you use is Tidal for streaming with some downloads.

This makes sense. Thanks!

Jan 6, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #7,422 of 9,270

Any issues?

Right now I'm using a 512GB and a 400GB in my M11 ... With about 100GB free space ...

Yes, I use both 1Tb and 512GB on the M11 and have had no issues so far.

Jan 6, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #7,423 of 9,270

Any issues?

Am waiting for prices to drop. I use the 400gb cards and the price/space ratio is great. Am paying around 65chf for 400gb. It's just not viable to go for the 1tb yet at around 400chf per card. I'd want to see around 200chf before taking the plunge. Give it 6months, I reckon. Or quicker if a 2tb card comes out.

Jan 6, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #7,424 of 9,270
I had the issues you described. I haven’t updated to the new version of the app yet but very disappointed so far. It’s a shame as I was hoping to enjoy their services. Back to Tidal it is.

Some Qobuz questions/observations.
  • To my old ears and potentially inadequate equipment, I can't hear much difference between Tidal and Qobuz hi-res recordings (knowing the M11 isn't MQA capable), but that's good, both sound nice on the M11.
  • I like that Qobuz isn't always pushing on me the musical crap that Tidal does, as my tastes are not Tidal's forte.
  • The Qobuz app unfortunately has a number of problems on the M11, Tidal was more polished though not without issue.
  • Interacting with Qobuz is sluggish for things like playlist or other management. The music is generally responsive, but metadata maintenance/access is slow too often.
Here are the issues I'm having with the Qobuz app on my M11, I'd love to hear if others have the problem and/or workarounds. On one of the issues the Qobuz people were pushing back saying "what did the @FiiO people say", but I don't really think these are FiiO problems, again, feedback welcome.
  1. This Qobuz thing drives me nuts. If I am on, say, a search page in the Qobuz app, then use the round android circle to switch to another app, say Tidal or some other app, then I switch back to the Qobuz app by clicking on its app icon, it nearly always puts me on the Qobuz discovery page, losing my search results and my scroll position in those search results (and hey, sometimes you have to scroll a lot on these tiny devices). Tidal never had that problem, I think it's a Qobuz problem and filed a report on it becuase it's driving me nuts. (Qobuz request number 00086750)
  2. I'm guessing this is also a Qobuz bug and is serious IMO, I haven't filed a bug on it yet. Sometimes the Qobuz app when launching a new release or track will essentially fill one or both channel with static/noise, like white noice on a television channel. You can kind of hear some of the music behind it. Attempting to restart the track won't fix it, you need to move to a new track or reboot the M11 sometimes to fix it. This has never happened with the Fiio or Tidal apps. Anybody else getting this?
I'm running the Fiio firmware 1.0.8, and Qobuz app version 5.3.1 as originally installed from the Fiio applications app, I don't remember if the Qobuz app has upgraded at all since I installed it a week ago.

Thanks for any help/feedback.

UPDATE: Jan 6 2020, AKPure got around to showing me there was an upgrade for the Qobuz app from 5.3.1 to 5.4.3, and the "loss of qobuz app context" problem has gone away. Not sure about the static issue which was intermittent, time will tell.

UPDATE 2: Jan 6 20202, Qobuz app upgrade wipes out your downloaded songs. Sure would be nice if I were prompted first, I had a lot of stuff in there I wanted to listen to.

Jan 6, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #7,425 of 9,270

Any issues?

I had exactly your configuration, and replaced the 400GB card with the 1TB. Only issues are that Windows7 hates transferring to it via MTP. When I use a card reader to write to it, no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back