[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Nov 28, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #7,247 of 9,287
Got the replacement for my 3.5mm dead port M11 and it is Pro version (bridge the gap for it). Love the sound, listening on Blon BL-03 on 4.4mm balanced and loving it. Too bad I can't compare with M11 since I don't have one but not complaining :) Will fire up Sony Z1R shortly, too.

PS: in case you're wondering, the Fiio pleather M11 case is a very snug fit on the Pro, good thing because it stops the case sliding every time you access the ports on the bottom like it is the case with M11.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #7,249 of 9,287
Hello,
I have just registered here but reading on head fi for a long time already.
I registered because my M11 also has a very poor Standby time. I thought it needed to be powered off to reach its 50 days of Standby. Even then my M11 battery would not last that long.
With screen off only and no app running in background and even no active connections it would last only some days...

Nov 29, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #7,250 of 9,287
Anyone else notice when you have an external DAC connected to the M11 the volume is extremely low? I've connected my mojo and ifi iDSD and I have to max out their volume to get to a decent listening level. If I hook the up via coax no issues at all with audio volume levels.

Nov 29, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #7,251 of 9,287
Anyone else notice when you have an external DAC connected to the M11 the volume is extremely low? I've connected my mojo and ifi iDSD and I have to max out their volume to get to a decent listening level. If I hook the up via coax no issues at all with audio volume levels.
Perhaps your DAC is expecting line-in signal, did you set the audio output to line out?

Nov 29, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #7,253 of 9,287
Hello,
I have just registered here but reading on head fi for a long time already.
I registered because my M11 also has a very poor Standby time. I thought it needed to be powered off to reach its 50 days of Standby. Even then my M11 battery would not last that long.
With screen off only and no app running in background and even no active connections it would last only some days...
50 days of standby is marketing magic, and in my experience anything more than a week is a miracle.

Nov 29, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #7,254 of 9,287
Is anybody using a 3rd party music app on their M11? Do you have a minute?

I'm trying to collect a compatibility list of 3rd party music apps over in this thread (so the information doesn't get lost in this 500 page mega thread). Your comment would help build knowledge that benefits the community and future owners.

Thanks

Nov 29, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #7,255 of 9,287
50 days of standby is marketing magic, and in my experience anything more than a week is a miracle.

I know. But it is like one percent per our. This is not the deep sleep mode the M11 should fell in. Every smartphone I got has battery life in stand by mode.
Already tried to factory reset the M11 and the common solutions.
On the other side: Can someone experience a lot better battery life here?

Nov 30, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #7,256 of 9,287
Hell
Dear friend,

Would you mind turning off the Wifi and check again?

Best regards
So, I've checked with WiFi and Bluetooth OFF, all apps closed and I have around 3% battery consumption after 24 hours and 12 days estimation for battery usage. I didn't used the M11 at all in the last day.
Indeed it's better than before but not as good as advertised.

Nov 30, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #7,259 of 9,287
Is anybody using a 3rd party music app on their M11? Do you have a minute?

I'm trying to collect a compatibility list of 3rd party music apps over in this thread (so the information doesn't get lost in this 500 page mega thread). Your comment would help build knowledge that benefits the community and future owners.

Thanks

Using Poweramp quite happily

Nov 30, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #7,260 of 9,287
I just wanted to follow up and thank everyone for the input and great information about this dap. I got one and am so happy with it - it and the sound is so beautiful, beyond what I had hoped for or expected. I have heard some elements to some tracks I have never heard before and it makes me enjoy my music just that much more.
2hT7XHR

2hT7XHR

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back