[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Oct 21, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #7,006 of 9,270
Can anyone tell me if their "Artists" are listed in correct alphabetical order on the Fiio music app on M11? Mine aren't. I have rebooted and re inserted and rescanned sd card, still the same, puzzled...

(...)
Bullet For My Valentine
Children of Bodom
Cinnamon Chasers
Cloudkicker
Coldplay
Creed
Cynic
Daft Punk
deadmau5
Decapitated
Elvis Presley
Eric Clapton
Explosions in the Sky
Ghost
Gojira
Graveyard
Half Moon Run
(...)

Looks ok on my device. Maybe you have some quirks in your tags :wink:

Oct 21, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #7,007 of 9,270
(...)
Bullet For My Valentine
Children of Bodom
Cinnamon Chasers
Cloudkicker
Coldplay
Creed
Cynic
Daft Punk
deadmau5
Decapitated
Elvis Presley
Eric Clapton
Explosions in the Sky
Ghost
Gojira
Graveyard
Half Moon Run
(...)

Looks ok on my device. Maybe you have some quirks in your tags :wink:
I have a generally "quirky" device..!!
When I view the card on the iMac via Android File Explorer they all show as being in the correct alphabetical order.
When then viewed on the player via Fiio music app not all of them are in the same (correct) order, with just the odd ones out of order.
In music app, they are grouped correctly by the first letter. I.e. all artists beginning with say "T" are grouped under T, but one will be out of order in the group..
It makes finding some of them a bit of a chore..!!

Oct 21, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #7,008 of 9,270
I have a generally "quirky" device..!!
When I view the card on the iMac via Android File Explorer they all show as being in the correct alphabetical order.
When then viewed on the player via Fiio music app not all of them are in the same (correct) order, with just the odd ones out of order.
In music app, they are grouped correctly by the first letter. I.e. all artists beginning with say "T" are grouped under T, but one will be out of order in the group..
It makes finding some of them a bit of a chore..!!

My only suggestion would be to re-enter the filename and tags. Perhaps you have some non-printing or other "special" characters in the fields. It's pretty easy to get weird-ass UTF/unicode characters, especially if you've ripped/imported the names from other locations. Or it could just be FiiO being quirky, YMMV :)

Oct 21, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #7,009 of 9,270
My only suggestion would be to re-enter the filename and tags. Perhaps you have some non-printing or other "special" characters in the fields. It's pretty easy to get weird-ass UTF/unicode characters, especially if you've ripped/imported the names from other locations. Or it could just be FiiO being quirky, YMMV :)
Thanks for the suggestions. I am pretty sure it's the Fiio music app. Have also tried same card in another (Sony) dap and no problems there...oh well such is the joy of searching for order..!!

Oct 21, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #7,010 of 9,270
Thanks for the suggestions. I am pretty sure it's the Fiio music app. Have also tried same card in another (Sony) dap and no problems there...oh well such is the joy of searching for order..!!

Moving sd cards with scanable and adjusted by device data between them is not safest for filess I believe. M11 scans your files and create a database for quick access tags, album arts, etc. Moving these data between devices may corupt some of them. They may use the same database file (with the same name, directory), or other resources.

My proposition for you is to remove your card(s) from M11, rescann Fiio Music without card (or just remove all data of an app in settings), remove all folders and files except your music from sd card and scan it again in Fiio Music. If these steps does not resolve your problem, only two more options left:
- your tags are corrupted (please check it),
- for some reason Fiio Music is broken and you need to report it to Fiio support here.

Oct 21, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #7,011 of 9,270
You have to max out the volume on the M11 when I’m BT mode and then adjust your volume on the amp. Anything less than max volume on the M11 and your overall volume level will be too low.
Thank you. I am not asking about connecting to an amp but connecting to earphones and headphones without a volume control. When there is nothing I can do on the device itself.

Oct 21, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #7,012 of 9,270
Moving sd cards with scanable and adjusted by device data between them is not safest for filess I believe. M11 scans your files and create a database for quick access tags, album arts, etc. Moving these data between devices may corupt some of them. They may use the same database file (with the same name, directory), or other resources.

My proposition for you is to remove your card(s) from M11, rescann Fiio Music without card (or just remove all data of an app in settings), remove all folders and files except your music from sd card and scan it again in Fiio Music. If these steps does not resolve your problem, only two more options left:
- your tags are corrupted (please check it),
- for some reason Fiio Music is broken and you need to report it to Fiio support here.
I will look at these options thanks for your help.

Oct 21, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #7,013 of 9,270
Thank you. I am not asking about connecting to an amp but connecting to earphones and headphones without a volume control. When there is nothing I can do on the device itself.
I e never heard of BT earphones or headphones without a volume control. By design all the amplification/volume control should happen on the headphone/BT receiver end. As a BT transmitter all the M11 is doing is sending data (which includes gain info).

Oct 21, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #7,014 of 9,270
Dear friend,

Do you mean that the issue happen after running the Amazon Music app? If you run the Qobuz first after turning on the M11, the issue doesn't appear?

Best regards

I haven't tried any fixes for the Amazon app, I'm on latest Fiio firmware, latest Amazon music app from APKpure. I sign into Amazon music, I can select music that I have bought but the "buffer" wheel icon just spins and spins when you click play. People have figured a workaround involving playing a certain resolution file in another music app first to get Amazon app to play but obviously this is far from ideal.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #7,015 of 9,270
I e never heard of BT earphones or headphones without a volume control. By design all the amplification/volume control should happen on the headphone/BT receiver end. As a BT transmitter all the M11 is doing is sending data (which includes gain info).
I meant without a volume control on the headphones themselves. When you don't have any control buttons. For example AirPods and all their clones. So there is no way to adjust the volume on their side, only on the M11's side.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #7,016 of 9,270
I meant without a volume control on the headphones themselves. When you don't have any control buttons. For example AirPods and all their clones. So there is no way to adjust the volume on their side, only on the M11's side.
Really? See below extracts from all three user manuals:

0A5754D8-7C7F-4BE8-B659-1327518275B9.jpeg ECA73474-7D24-4310-BB64-0D0793C24E73.jpeg 19EF20FD-3722-4D8A-A040-7CBBD09D4CB7.jpeg

Oct 21, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #7,017 of 9,270
I haven't tried any fixes for the Amazon app, I'm on latest Fiio firmware, latest Amazon music app from APKpure. I sign into Amazon music, I can select music that I have bought but the "buffer" wheel icon just spins and spins when you click play. People have figured a workaround involving playing a certain resolution file in another music app first to get Amazon app to play but obviously this is far from ideal.
This happened to me too, I deleted theAmazon app and re downloaded it and it worked fine..?? Don't know why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back