[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Aug 28, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #6,257 of 9,288
I also do not share Fiio's decision to leave only one microSD card slot in the M11 Pro. It was two slots in Fiio devices that brought an additional advantage over other manufacturers of portable hi-fi equipment, so why give up the second slot?! If it's not too late, I would like Fiio engineers to come to their senses and leave two slots for memory cards both in the Fiio M11 Pro and in the future flagship M15. I hope for your understanding, as I plan to continue to purchase Fiio products and two slots for memory cards is fundamentally better than one. With two cards everything works stably!

Yep - getting rid of the 2nd slot is the reason I’m not getting a ‘Pro’.

It seems Fiio are missing out on a large number of sales with this move!

Aug 28, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #6,258 of 9,288
Conversely, a third slot would've clinched the deal for me, lo; I have around 1500 "good" albums and this is increasing all the time, and 2 slots is enough for now @400gb per slot. 1tb cards are wholly too expensive right now, and streaming is just not reliable enough (for me) AND can't use the full potential of Android players DACs.

In any scenario imaginable, I can't see a valid reason for losing a slot. It can ONLY lose sales.

"damn, I was seriously considering the M11 until I found out it's got 2 pesky micro SD card bays, I'm only in the market for a one bay device"

"Be careful, mate, that M11's got 2 memory slots, avoid it!"

said no one ever.

Aug 28, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #6,259 of 9,288
@FiiO Just had the volume drop out when I enabled the EQ so that I had no sound when it was on but fine when off.

I have had to restart the device to get any volume when the EQ is on.

At the time the setup was the M11 3.5 line-out to JDS Labs Atom amp to Audeze LCD2-Closed and the EQ was a user one I created.

Was showing the M11 to a friend just my luck.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #6,260 of 9,288
I thought I'd share a video of the dangerous noise issue that some of use are experiencing with the M11.

This video shows the bug/issue where the M11 plays excruciatingly loud noises when you hit play when the device is in standby mode.

The noise doesn't stop when you hit pause - only when you unplug the jack.

Lucky I wasn't wearing my IEMs when it happened this time!

Aug 28, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #6,261 of 9,288
I thought I'd share a video of the dangerous noise issue that some of use are experiencing with the M11.

This video shows the bug/issue where the M11 plays excruciatingly loud noises when you hit play when the device is in standby mode.

The noise doesn't stop when you hit pause - only when you unplug the jack.

Lucky I wasn't wearing my IEMs when it happened this time!

Thanks for the detailed video, Is it only when usb is pluged in? sorry you did say before I know but head is fecked with meds

Aug 28, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #6,262 of 9,288
Thanks for the detailed video, Is it only when usb is pluged in? sorry you did say before I know but head is fecked with meds

Your welcome - sorry about the bad shaky video!

It happens when unplugged too (but still when battery is still around 100%)

Aug 28, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #6,263 of 9,288
Your welcome - sorry about the bad shaky video!

It happens when unplugged too (but still when battery is still around 100%)

OK thanks I'll keep an ear on it :)

Test this afternoon

Aug 28, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #6,264 of 9,288
OK thanks I'll keep an ear on it :)

Test this afternoon

I’m pretty convinced now that it has something to do with the ‘Resume’ feature and Apple Lossless files!

Aug 28, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #6,265 of 9,288
I’m pretty convinced now that it has something to do with the ‘Resume’ feature and Apple Lossless files!

I use resume but have no apple lossless files just flac.

Aug 28, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #6,266 of 9,288
@FiiO please could you help
Hi
I have a problem with fiio music app I am using the M11 as a transport for my Chord Hugo I just purchased a shanling L2 type usb c to usb connector it’s works fine with Hiby app showing bit perfect on Hugo.
Now with the fiio app the music is like it’s scrambled static can just make out what’s playing any ideas.

I’m at a loss why hiby would work but not fiio app.

Aug 28, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #6,267 of 9,288
I use resume but have no apple lossless files just flac.

I could try PM you a file I experience this issue with?

could be interesting if we can isolate the issue to particular file types rather than a hardware issue!

Aug 28, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #6,268 of 9,288
I could try PM you a file I experience this issue with?

could be interesting if we can isolate the issue to particular file types rather than a hardware issue!

I'm cool with that :)

Aug 28, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #6,269 of 9,288
I'm cool with that :)

Splended!

I’ll have to send it later today as I’m on my way to a workshop and just realised I left my music drive at home :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back